PDA

View Full Version : Climate Mccarthyism continues

JustRalph
06-14-2014, 12:07 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/13/Climate-McCarthyism-claims-yet-another-victim

After 23 yrs he is fired for doubting climate change............

Clocker
06-14-2014, 12:17 PM
From the article cited:

Two days later, he was sacked by email. The IPS said: "We would like to inform you that we are terminating your position as an Associate Fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies...Unfortunately, we now feel that your views on key issues, including climate science, climate justice, and many aspects of US policy to Africa, diverge so significantly from ours."

Climate justice? The weather is breaking the law? I guess we live in Camelot now.

ARTHUR:
It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

rastajenk
06-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Breaking records with a hot sun
I fought climate law, and the law won

I left the plantation and it feels so bad
I guess my race is run
It was the best gig I ever had
I fought climate law, and the law won

Robert Goren
06-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Not to worry, he will get millions from industry. Sorry to say sometimes even hard core liberals sell out when the price is high enough. He will make a lot more selling "his version" than he did as a college professor telling the version based on science.

tucker6
06-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Not to worry, he will get millions from industry. Sorry to say sometimes even hard core liberals sell out when the price is high enough. He will make a lot more selling "his version" than he did as a college professor telling the version based on science.
sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:

delayjf
06-14-2014, 10:39 PM
It's not like a lot of libs (i.e Al Gore) don't have a financial stake in global warming.

woodtoo
06-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I can see it now,Al Gore,sunglasses,the COVER OF THE ROLLING STONES :D

classhandicapper
06-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Anyone that accepts the word of scientists without some skepticism should read Time Magazine this week on how saturated fats are actually OK for you (and perhaps even good for you). It tells how a handful of scientists (especially one) used flawed methodology to reach the conclusion they wanted to reach and then used heavy handed tactics to suppress the truth and attack and ruin other researchers that disagreed. An entire generation has been eating improperly ever since and we've paid the price.

If you are very interested in the topic read The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz.

I've been reading this in non main stream sources for a long time. The nutrition experts that were laying out the case that previous scientists did slip shod research were being branded as whackos etc... by government and the scientists whose careers were dependent on the bad research that wound up making us all fat, unhealthy, and with heart disease and diabetes.