PDA

View Full Version : Shame on You Xpressbet

infrontby1
06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Statement For Account 771148 2 transactions returned
Where Date Time (ET) Txn# Description Transaction Type Debit Credit Contest
WebService June 10, 2014 9:04 AM - Withdrawal $10
WebService June 5, 2014 2:50 PM - Account Credit $10

What you see above is my account activity for the last week.

Due to the DRF power outage, Xpressbet sent out emails to all its account holders that it will deposit $10 to their accounts for any inconvenience that was caused.

That was fine. However, when I went to check my account 3 days ago, I saw there was a withdrawal of the same amount.

When I contacted customer service Tuesday afternoon, they initially said that I made the withdrawal, but when I said I had not accessed my account for over 10 days, I was concerned that my account could've have been hacked and was promised by the reprsentative that Xpressbet would investigate the matter and get back to me ASAP.

Two days went by without a response which then I contacted customer service once more, I was told that Xpressbet made the withdrawal from my account. This was because the $10 was wagering credit and needed to be utilized within a short time frame period.

To add salt to the wound, I informed the representative that I wished to make some wagers for some upcoming races and asked if he could re-issue the site credit. He declined to make any such adjustments.

This is a complete farce. Not only did they withdraw funds from my account without prior authorization, there was no notice of any kind that the wagering credit needed to be used within a certain amount of time.

I have never been felt like an empty customer with what transpired the last coupled of days, let alone the fact that somebody else was possibly using my account.

But it's good to know that there's folks like Mark Midland at Am Wager and
Trish Soulsby at darkhorsebet that personally handled all my issues when using their services. These people appreciated my handle, whether I'm betting dime supers at Evangeline Downs or straight hundred dollar bets on Belmont Stakes day.

Don't want to brag on, but all you handicappers have a great weekend by do keep in mind that ADWs are not a monopoly anymore these days and it always pays to shop around for the best value and customer appreciation.

Perhaps I should contact the good folks at HANA and have them conduct a ranking of all the ADWs that are available in North America, similar to their track ratings that are updated on an annual basis which have been praised time after time.

FlyinLate
06-13-2014, 10:45 PM
I've had one encounter with xpressbet and it was miserable. I created an account, made a sizable deposit, and went to begin wagering. To my dismay they double charged my card, nearly overdrawing the account I deposited from and used for some of my bills. When I called to complain they told me they could mail a check and I'd have it in 5-7 days; naturally that wasn't good enough and when I spoke to a manger about the issue they decided to refund the full amount and not open the account. Unreal.

BettinBilly
06-14-2014, 08:24 AM
I just went back and looked at my account transactions for the last 30 days.

No $10 deposit of any kind.

I don't use my Xpressbet account daily, but I do use it and have ordered PP's through them in the last month. I also have TVG and TwinSpires and mix it up a bit. Maybe my volume was too low for them to bother with a $10 deposit.

JimG
06-14-2014, 08:46 AM

Ditto.

Tom
06-14-2014, 10:23 AM
My experience with Xpressbet is they are nor reliable.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-14-2014, 12:03 PM
My experience with Xpressbet is they are nor reliable.

I've had the opposite experience. I've never had a problem with them, and when I've needed help (like when I moved), their customer service was great. When living in Illinois, I think they made a deposit into my account after the "great fiasco" of the state shutting off wagering for five months, to drum up some business. In the past, I had some "issues" with all the other ADWs I've used, including Youbet, Winticket, TS, and TVG.

That being said, Xpressbet is now a distant third in my use of "The Big 3", only because TVG recently moved past them (and Twinspires) with TimeFormUS PPs and Hong Kong racing.

I'll continue to use Xpressbet however. If anything, the DRF outage should remind us that depending on a single website or service these days is a risky proposition....

Appy
06-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I've been with Xpressbet for a number of years now. During that time I have never once experienced a problem of any kind with their service. Quit the opposite.
Xpressbet stuck by me and maintained my account despite the period of time when betting horses online became illegal in the state of Kansas (thanks to the efforts of the tea party wacko who became governor) and have been attentively helpful in any circumstance.

BettinBilly
06-14-2014, 07:37 PM
I agree with Hoofless. I use TVG the most because of Timeform. But I use all three. Mostly TVG, then TwinSpires and Xpressbet equally. Probably 70 percent TVG, 15 percent each Twin and Xpress.

The only issue I had with XpressBet was when I Opened the account. They were the ONLY ADW that required me to FAX them a copy of my Driver's License to prove I was whom my online app claimed I was. They got my address wrong even after I FAXED them my Driver's License and it was a pain dealing with them trying to get my address corrected. Otherwise they have been fine.

I have a thread talking about the differences in the mobile versions of these sites (of which there are important differences), but for the Laptop/Desktop versions, they are all pretty good.

Esthetically, I happen to like the way TVG renders on a laptop screen. I like the way the choices of betting flow in TVG. To me they rank slightly higher than XpressBet. I'm not a fan of TwinSpires TV app. Too simplistic and I just don't like the way the betting flow works. Their other betting apps are not great for my liking. But for MOBILE? TwinSpires for the WIN by far. Best app for Smartphone or Tablet BY FAR for my use.

Have to give it to Hoofless on the call. I am keeping and using all three. I don't want to be tethered to one ADW in this day and age, but if I HAD to pick just one, it would be TVG.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Infront, did you happen to purchase any DRF products via Xpressbet that triggered the $10 credit and withdrawal? Did the email you receive state the terms of using the credit soon?

I can understand the concern of unexplained account activity, especially if a hacker is in there.

Although I made some Belmont Advance wagers on Xpressbet and a couple of other bets in the time of question, I never received an email nor credit for the DRF outage.

Not all of us have the option to use an ADW other than the "Big 3", but I suppose it's better than not being able to wager online at all. Xpressbet customer service helped explain the "trust me" payouts when I was living in Illinois with the surcharges, while Twinspires declined to address the tickets I opened.

However, I find Twinspires has the best user interface, and TVG has BY FAR the worst. You can't even enter an exacta key box.....

BettinBilly
06-15-2014, 03:54 PM
However, I find Twinspires has the best user interface, and TVG has BY FAR the worst. You can't even enter an exacta key box.....

Hoofless, which wagering interface do you use with Twinspires? Are you using TwinSpires TV Wagering interface?

Also, I never noticed you could not do an Exacta Key Box on TVG. I'll have to check that out.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Hoofless, which wagering interface do you use with Twinspires? Are you using TwinSpires TV Wagering interface?

Also, I never noticed you could not do an Exacta Key Box on TVG. I'll have to check that out.

On Twinspires, I use the "regular" or classic menus when wagering. I believe it dates back to Winticket interface. Part of liking an interface is simply what you're used to, but that menu has always seemed to be laid out much more logically than others. The TVG menus remind me of the old Youbet interface, which I never liked. The big drawback for me is the pop-up style for the wager menu, where TS is simply clicking around on one menu.

I use the beta menu on Xpressbet, and it does allow for an exacta key-box. I'm shocked that TVG's menus do not, or if they do I haven't figured that out yet.

BettinBilly
06-15-2014, 08:50 PM
On Twinspires, I use the "regular" or classic menus when wagering. I believe it dates back to Winticket interface. Part of liking an interface is simply what you're used to, but that menu has always seemed to be laid out much more logically than others. The TVG menus remind me of the old Youbet interface, which I never liked. The big drawback for me is the pop-up style for the wager menu, where TS is simply clicking around on one menu.

I use the beta menu on Xpressbet, and it does allow for an exacta key-box. I'm shocked that TVG's menus do not, or if they do I haven't figured that out yet.

You are correct, sir. It's why I don't prefer TwinSpires, because I am more used to the pop-ups - EXCEPT ON MOBILE! They drive me nuts there, so I prefer TS by 20 lengths. I have to give TS Classic wagering interface a try again. Like you I use all three off and on, but prefer TVG now because of the free TimeformUS.

Tomorrow, I'll look at the Exacta Key Box on TVG. There MUST be a way to wager Exacta Keys. If not, then TVG really has an issue. I'm shocked I never noticed it. I do play Key Exactas on occasion - must have played via TS or XP Bet.

Thanks for the heads-up

BettinBilly
06-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Hoofless et al;

Talked with TVG Customer Service. And like I expected, they are calling their KEY's a WHEEL Bet.

There is only an option for WHEEL Wagering for Exacta, Trifecta at TVG.

KingChas
06-18-2014, 10:02 AM

The $10 deposit was from DRF BETS after their recent power outage.