PDA

View Full Version : Oops, computer crash at IRS. Sorry about that

Clocker
06-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Oh, no! Lois Lerner's computer crashed (http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/13/irs-so-our-computer-crashed-and-erased-all-of-lois-lerners-emails/) and wiped out all of her emails. :eek:

What a coincidence!

johnhannibalsmith
06-13-2014, 06:45 PM
I think if I remember this fable correctly from when I read it... it actually only wiped out the ones that could really reflect poorly on the executive branch and the DNC. Only the juicy ones... :lol:

Clocker
06-13-2014, 06:57 PM
The story is that any emails to or from other people within the IRS can be retrieved from the computers of those other people. Emails to or from those outside the IRS can't be found.

This means that the IRS email servers do not keep copies of employee emails. How thoughtful of them.

It does raise the question about why it took the IRS over a year to figure out that there had been a crash. They must have been busy with more pressing issues.

davew
06-13-2014, 07:08 PM
maybe NSA can find them

Clocker
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
maybe NSA can find them

Or China.

ArlJim78
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM
the mother of all friday afternoon news dumps.
how convenient, they lost the emails.
we live in a banana republic.

JustRalph
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
the mother of all friday afternoon news dumps.
how convenient, they lost the emails.
we live in a banana republic.

More banana and fruit like every day.......

It's amazing that they could get away with this....... :bang:

Tom
06-13-2014, 10:39 PM
The people who will enforce Obama-care have computer problems?

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2014, 11:05 PM
And they said Bush/Cheney/Rove were evil?

Clocker
06-13-2014, 11:30 PM
The people who will enforce Obama-care have computer problems?

Hard to believe, after the flawless roll-out of HealthCare.gov. :p

Tom
06-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Hard to believe, after the flawless roll-out of HealthCare.gov. :p

Yeah, that one rolled out like a square wheel!

ArlJim78
06-14-2014, 12:14 AM
that a computer crash caused them to lose 2 years of her emails is less believable than "the dog ate my homework".

Clocker
06-14-2014, 12:36 AM
that a computer crash caused them to lose 2 years of her emails is less believable than "the dog ate my homework".

Is it more or less believable than that it took them over a year to realize that it had happened? :rolleyes:

tucker6
06-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Yeah, that one rolled out like a square wheel!
the horse makes that pic

Robert Goren
06-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Like nobody who post here has never had their computer crash and lost a bunch of their stuff. Yeah, right! Sure is funny when it happens to somebody else, isn't it?:rolleyes:

JustRalph
06-14-2014, 07:49 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/citigroup-fine-idUSN1E7B70BL20111208

Once again the government double standard kicks on

Others get hefty fines for this shit. After two years of refusing to turn over the emails, suddenly they're lost?

Yeah, right.......

sammy the sage
06-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Like nobody who post here has never had their computer crash and lost a bunch of their stuff. Yeah, right! Sure is funny when it happens to somebody else, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Actually there IS A poster in this thread ALREADY who HAS WHINED about that EXACT topic in the computer/tech forum... :lol: ;) ....

Robert Goren
06-14-2014, 08:38 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/citigroup-fine-idUSN1E7B70BL20111208

Once again the government double standard kicks on

Others get hefty fines for this shit. After two years of refusing to turn over the emails, suddenly they're lost?

Yeah, right....... No double standard, nobody is believing either Citigroup or the IRS. They could fine the IRS, I suppose. But that would be just moving taxpayer money around. What really needs to happen in both cases is for people to go jail. But that isn't happening at Citigroup and is unlikely to happen at the IRS.

Tom
06-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Just like Nixon' lost 22 minutes.
They keep using these obviously phony excuses because here are always SAPS around who believe it.

Ignorance is the fuel of government.

Clocker
06-14-2014, 10:50 AM

There are two possible explanations for this. One, the IRS is lying. Two, the IRS doesn't back up its computers. Which of those gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling about the competence of your government?

incoming
06-14-2014, 11:22 AM

check your cheese, I think its gone.

Clocker
06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
IRS regulations (http://www.irs.gov/irm/part1/irm_01-010-003.html) concerning emails:

1.10.3.2.3 (07-08-2011)
Emails as Possible Federal Records

All federal employees and federal contractors are required by law to preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency. Records must be properly stored and preserved, available for retrieval and subject to appropriate approved disposition schedules.
The Federal Records Act applies to email records just as it does to records you create using other media. Emails are records when they are:

Created or received in the transaction of agency business
Appropriate for preservation as evidence of the government’s function and activities, or
Valuable because of the information they contain

If you create or receive email messages during the course of your daily work, you are responsible for ensuring that you manage them properly. The Treasury Department’s current email policy requires emails and attachments that meet the definition of a federal record be added to the organization’s files by printing them (including the essential transmission data) and filing them with related paper records. If transmission and receipt data are not printed by the email system, annotate the paper copy.

JustRalph
06-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Not a word in the NY Times today

Let's flashback

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/opinion/13sun3.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias%3Ar&_r=0

DJofSD
06-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Whether RG believes there is a double standard or not, I'm saying there is.

And, I say this from being on the inside. I have worked in both the DoD arena and the financial. Both areas for more than one institution. There are requirements having to do with the installation and use of computers, the software that is installed and use along with retention requirements for data on those systems. As others in this thread have already pointed out, it includes emails too.

There no middle ground here, RG, you are wrong.

Tom
06-14-2014, 11:57 AM
check your cheese, I think its gone.

:lol: That just struck me.....ROTFLMAO!

magwell
06-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Rumor has it that Snowden has all the missing emails and will give them up if he can come home as a hero...........:rolleyes:

incoming
06-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Hoo!! Hum!!! Another Administration scandal turns into a bottomless pit. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
06-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Rumor has it that Snowden has all the missing emails and will give them up if he can come home as a hero...........:rolleyes:
Yes, and I believe there is a bidding war that has ensued for political hopefuls to broker the deal.

Who's your guess and why.

incoming
06-14-2014, 01:21 PM
:lol: That just struck me.....ROTFLMAO!

"hunt-en joke" :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
06-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Not even a tiny smidgen... :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
06-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Whether RG believes there is a double standard or not, I'm saying there is.

And, I say this from being on the inside. I have worked in both the DoD arena and the financial. Both areas for more than one institution. There are requirements having to do with the installation and use of computers, the software that is installed and use along with retention requirements for data on those systems. As others in this thread have already pointed out, it includes emails too.

There no middle ground here, RG, you are wrong. In both cases, they have the emails. They just don't want them to see the light of day. They are just using a computer malfunction as an excuse not to turn them over. I thought everybody here agreed on that.

rastajenk
06-14-2014, 09:33 PM
So the most transparent administration ever is merely transparently lying through their teeth, and don't give a damn who knows it? When they do that, is there ever a reason to assume it's telling a truth? What's the point of transparency if everything is an open lie?

DJofSD
06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
https://twitter.com/Heritage/status/478554895306719233/photo/1

Clocker
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
The White House (http://washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-irs-made-good-faith-effort-on-e-mails/article/feed/2141821) says that the IRS made a good faith effort to provide the missing emails, and that further whining by Republicans is just another right wing conspiracy theory.

Facing a furor from angry Republican lawmakers, the White House said Monday that the Internal Revenue Service engaged in a good faith effort to find lost emails from an IRS official whose division processed applications for tax-exempt status by politically oriented groups.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest called criticism from Republican lawmakers about the missing emails, quote, "far-fetched" and "not particularly believable." The IRS says the emails to and from the official, Lois Lerner, disappeared when her computer crashed in 2011.

Earnest said speculation questioning whether the e-mails were actually lost "is indicative of the kinds of conspiracies that are propagated around this story."

This whole fairy tale is so pathetic that not even CNN is falling for it.

“Do you believe in the Easter Bunny?” CNN’s John King asked his panel of political reporters on Monday. “Do you believe in Santa Claus? Do you believe that Lois Lerner’s emails suddenly went ‘poof?’”

King added that he agreed with Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI) who said that it was “unacceptable” that this information was just coming to light now, over a year after the investigation into allegations that the IRS targeted conservative political groups with undue scrutiny began.

“Waiting a year to tell the Congress makes me suspicious,” King said.

DJofSD
06-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Good faith effort should have been made a long time ago implementing the requirements as required by law.

Now that they have demonstrated they have not met the requirements, what I want to know is this: who loses their job?

Tom
06-16-2014, 09:36 PM
The problem with the WH is that they think we are as stupid as they are.

davew
06-16-2014, 11:10 PM
40th anniversary of Nixon's problems with his re-election committee coming up

On July 27, 1974 the House Judiciary Committee voted 27 to 1 to recommend the first article of impeachment against the president: obstruction of justice. The second article (abuse of power) was passed on July 29th, 1974 and third article (contempt of Congress) on July 30th, 1974. Richard Nixon resigned the Presidency August 9th, 1974

The second charge (abuse of power) involved the use of IRS for political purposes.

Hiliary was involved in helping draft the charges of IRS abuse ->
Fresh out of Yale Law School, in 1974, 27-year old Hillary Rodham poured her considerable talent and energy into the case against Nixon as a member of the impeachment inquiry staff advising the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Clinton, whose focus was on the historical grounds and standards for impeachment, ended up drafting a brief arguing Nixon should not be granted legal counsel due to a lack of precedent.

As WND reported in 2008 (http://www.wnd.com/2008/04/60962/), her supervisor, lifelong Democrat Jerome Zeifman, not only was unimpressed with her work, he called it fraudulent and fired her for unethical behavior.

Zeifman, who was the general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, recalled the episode in a 2008 New York Post column when Clinton was running for president, calling her a liar and an “unethical, dishonest lawyer.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/hillary-helped-draft-irs-charge-against-nixon/#M4u5SKfSwZzB61PT.99

Clocker
06-17-2014, 02:35 PM
The problem with the WH is that they think we are as stupid as they are.

You ain't seen nothing yet. The IRS reports that there were six more computer crashes, all of employees whose emails Congress has requested. These include one of the bigger fish, Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller.

Story here. (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson)

davew
06-18-2014, 02:33 AM
3 signs there's a cover-up

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/348757/three-signs-there%E2%80%99s-cover-john-fund

It would be nice if 0bama got to the bottom of this
like Chris Christie with bridgegate
but maybe he or members of the black caucaus had a big involvement
and are just doing some obstruction, abuse and contempt of their own....

LottaKash
06-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Why not got to the NSA ?....they got em....:eek:

Clocker
06-19-2014, 12:33 PM
The dog ate my homework, and then he ran away and got hit by a car.

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.

“We believe the standard IRS protocol was followed in 2011 for disposing of the broken hard drive. A bad hard drive, like other broken Information Technology equipment, is sent to a recycler as part of our regular process,” an IRS spokesman said in response to a query from POLITICO.

From Politico. (http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html)

Tom
06-19-2014, 12:39 PM
anyone who believes that is a damn fool.
The IRS should be held to its own standards - what would happen if you or I failed to keep our records 10 years.

Prison time is called for here, by more than one IRS person.

t is past time for the IRS to be totally disbanded - it will bring nothing but GOOD things to the country. As it is today, the IRS and the Gestapo are pretty much the same thing.

Clocker
06-19-2014, 12:51 PM
anyone who believes that is a damn fool.
The IRS should be held to its own standards - what would happen if you or I failed to keep our records 10 years.

I have yet to hear anything from the IRS on its requirement under law that any email pertaining to a case or otherwise considered a "federal record" must be printed out and filed.

I wonder if the dog ate those too. That must be a hail of a big dog.

ArlJim78
06-19-2014, 02:32 PM
at this point the executive branch of our federal government, the ones in charge of enforcing the law <cough>, is nothing but a gigantic crime syndicate. they're unaccountable to the public, the press, public shame, you name it. free to run wild, for now anyway.

davew
06-19-2014, 03:12 PM
at this point the executive branch of our federal government, the ones in charge of enforcing the law <cough>, is nothing but a gigantic crime syndicate. they're unaccountable to the public, the press, public shame, you name it. free to run wild, for now anyway.

The unanswered question is were they under direction from anyone in Congress or the Executive body, and if so, who knew what.

JustRalph
06-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Amen! With 51% of the population as co-conspirators

ArlJim78
06-19-2014, 03:50 PM
The unanswered question is were they under direction from anyone in Congress or the Executive body, and if so, who knew what.
according to the White House visitation logs, Lois Lerner was an extremely frequent guest there right at the time this whole scheme was launched, so only the most naive amongst us would believe that it wasn't orchestrated from the top political operatives.

Clocker
06-19-2014, 04:46 PM
The other IRS/Lois Lerner scandal.

There is another little ticking time bomb (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/06/irs-gave-fbi-1-1-million-pages-of-taxpayer-data-to-encourage-prosecution-of-conservatives.php) that recently surfaced that may drive the lost emails off the front page. Speculation is that this may be why Lerner took the 5th at her hearing.

It appears that the IRS gave 1.1 million pages of confidential tax information about conservative groups to the FBI for use in possible criminal prosecution.

It is just about impossible to keep up with all of the Obama administration scandals, but the corruption of the Internal Revenue Service ranks near the top. Unfortunately, it has gone hand in hand with Barack Obama and Eric Holder’s corruption of the Department of Justice. The perversion of law enforcement agencies for political ends is starkly revealed by the fact that in 2010, as part of its effort to stem the Tea Party movement, the IRS gave the FBI disks containing more than 1.1 million pages of documents on Section 501 non-profits, so that the FBI could selectively prosecute conservative groups and donors.

The facts, as we know them so far, were laid out yesterday in a letter from Congressmen Darrell Issa and Jim Jordan to John Koskinen, Commissioner of the IRS. The letter includes a series of emails that the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has finally obtained, after more than a year of stonewalling by the Obama administration. The IRS originally told the House committee–falsely–that the disks contained only publicly available filings by the non-profit organizations. But the IRS later admitted that it had illegally transferred confidential taxpayer information to the FBI.

ArlJim78
06-19-2014, 05:35 PM
It will take more than a simple special prosecutor to investigate this White House. more like a Special Justice Department.

Tom
06-19-2014, 11:09 PM
according to the White House visitation logs, Lois Lerner was an extremely frequent guest there right at the time this whole scheme was launched, so only the most naive amongst us would believe that it wasn't orchestrated from the top political operatives.

.....should be posting here soon! :lol: :lol:

Tom
06-20-2014, 10:05 AM
What happens when the IRS loses all of our health records?
Do we really want an organization that can't handle simple emails touching our valuable records?

And why is the Postal Union not complaining - I though losing mail was THEIR JOB?

tucker6
06-20-2014, 10:27 AM
If the IRS was hacked and records stolen, does anyone believe our govt would tell us?

Tom
06-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes, and they would blame Bush.
I got more faith in what ISIS says.

sammy the sage
06-21-2014, 09:10 PM
well THOSE e-mails are NOT lost...at least TWO back-ups...

1st....private party...Sonasoft...has a contract to back-up IRS emails...

2nd...NSA...certainly has a copy.... :lol: :rolleyes: :faint:

will they EVER see the light of day???

JustRalph
06-22-2014, 12:02 AM
A few years back........on twitter

Tom
06-22-2014, 08:46 AM
SELL! :lol::lol::lol:

DJofSD
06-22-2014, 01:12 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/22/irs-cancelled-contract-with-email-storage-firm-weeks-after-lerners-computer-crash/?print=1

Timing is interesting.

davew
06-22-2014, 02:54 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/22/irs-cancelled-contract-with-email-storage-firm-weeks-after-lerners-computer-crash/?print=1

Timing is interesting.

yes but have they deleted the 6 years of saved data?

Tom
06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Did you catch the head of IRS in front of Congress Friday?
What a pompous ASS.
what is his name, anyway?

Gambino?
Gotti?

The IRS is 100% crooked.

DJofSD
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
yes but have they deleted the 6 years of saved data?
Good question.

Shooting from the hip, I'd say no matter what organization is managing the servers and the data, the IRS still has requirements to retain data. And, I'm sure the Sonasoft lawyers are painfully aware of that requirement.

iceknight
06-23-2014, 01:37 PM
They will lose emails but they will lose records of taxes we (esp the common man) owe them.

Mike at A+
06-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I was watching the hearing last night on CSPAN and it reminded me so much of that scene from Godfather II where the Senator from Nevada was praising Michael Corleone and talking about all the good Italians that helped build America. It seems that all the Democrats had their little speeches prepared to praise the IRS brass and to apologize for the harsh treatment that those bad Republicans had in store.

Describing the hearing in one sentence: Alternating ass kicking and ass kissing.

JustRalph
06-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Yep

Clocker
06-24-2014, 12:31 PM
The head of the National Archives testified before Congress (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/24/house-panel-drags-white-house-attorney-to-testify-on-missing-irs-emails/) that the IRS has not followed the law as to required record keeping.

And, surprise, a White House attorney testified that she first heard of the missing emails 2 weeks ago.

The top U.S. official in charge of archiving federal records testified Tuesday that the IRS ran afoul of the law by neglecting to tell his office that a trove of emails from the woman at the center of the targeting scandal disappeared after an apparent hard drive crash.

Archivist of the U.S. David Ferriero, speaking before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made clear that federal agencies are supposed to report whenever their records are destroyed or even accidentally deleted. But he said that after emails from embattled IRS official Lois Lerner vanished after a computer failure in 2011, nobody told the National Archives.

"They did not follow the law," Ferriero said.

The testimony comes as lawmakers dig for answers as to how Lerner's emails disappeared and why they only found out about it earlier this month.

Also on the witness panel was White House attorney Jennifer O'Connor, whom Chairman Darrell Issa compelled to testify via subpoena.

Republican lawmakers, though, struggled to get answers from O'Connor, who previously worked at the IRS, about the emails. She said she only found out the "week before last" that emails were gone.

"I didn't hear that any of Ms. Lerner's emails were missing," she said.

DJofSD
06-24-2014, 12:47 PM
The head of the National Archives testified before Congress (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/24/house-panel-drags-white-house-attorney-to-testify-on-missing-irs-emails/) that the IRS has not followed the law as to required record keeping.

And, surprise, a White House attorney testified that she first heard of the missing emails 2 weeks ago.
Would it not be something an Inspector General would look into as far as the compliance issues for administering IT systems and data retention?

Tom
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
It is obvious that everyone at the IRS and the President's Council are lying.
Everyone who has testified so far has been obviously lying.
The democrats keep talking about how these people are being railroaded and disrespected. Yet they were all given a list of 15 questions and they can't answer them. Dumber than dirt or outright liars?

Look, this is not political. Forget Tea Party people or conservatives were targets. AMERICANS were targeted. By a rogue and corrupt government, acting illegally to deny them of their civil rights. Neither side shuld be allwoed to ever do this.

And many here condone it.
Even Deny it.

That is more pathetic than anything.

Tom
06-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Would it not be something an Inspector General would look into as far as the compliance issues for administering IT systems and data retention?

These are the morons who rolled out the ACA website knowing full well it would fail.

There is no one in the Obama administration with any brains or integrity.
Liars and idiots. The lot of them.

And we have it all on tape.

Clocker
06-24-2014, 12:55 PM

What the IG knew and when he knew it is still being looked into. I hear a lot lately quibbling over the difference between an IG investigation and an IG audit. In other words, yet another "he said, she said" yet to be resolved.

And the new head of the IRS, whose arrogant demeanor does not play well to the public, is making claims that emails are not federal records. Hard to tell if he is lying or totally ignorant.

DJofSD
06-24-2014, 01:24 PM
What the IG knew and when he knew it is still being looked into. I hear a lot lately quibbling over the difference between an IG investigation and an IG audit. In other words, yet another "he said, she said" yet to be resolved.

And the new head of the IRS, whose arrogant demeanor does not play well to the public, is making claims that emails are not federal records. Hard to tell if he is lying or totally ignorant.
I asked for two reasons.

First, just so I understand what is the correct office for investigating the activities of the administration and staff at the IRS, but not the scandal itself.

And then to frame, in my mind, what will or is happening if the IG office is involved.

Years ago, I worked for a division of UTC that did DoD work. Long story, short, there was some "issues" my boss and I brought to the attention of the IG that visited our facility on a regular basis. In the end, our suspicions were confirmed and some ca-ca hit the fans, and, one of my direct reports got her ass fired. And, oh, BTW, this all had to do with maintaining computer systems and security.

JustRalph
06-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Really? Who' D A thunk it.....

davew
06-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Really? Who' D A thunk it.....

Thats how all the nimwits get those positions - worked on 0bama campaign and/or donated enough to get invited to a meet and greet.

In all fairness, I have no idea hiw the guy even has a clue about what went on there 3-4 years ago as all people involved have 'lost' their stuff and lying to stay out of jail. How many months has he worked there?

Clocker
06-24-2014, 09:04 PM
How many months has he worked there?

He has been there about 6-7 months. And he said that he doesn't owe the American people an apology, because the IRS has not lost a single email since he took over.

horses4courses
06-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Has all the appearances of "The Wolf"

ANPsHKpti48

Stillriledup
06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
He has been there about 6-7 months. And he said that he doesn't owe the American people an apology, because the IRS can do whatever they want with zero ramifications.

ftfy. ;)

DJofSD
06-25-2014, 07:32 AM
http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2014-06-25/

Clocker
06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Not a smidgeon of scandal at the IRS?

The IRS has admitted wrongdoing (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/24/irs-agrees-to-50000-settlement-in-leaking-conservative-group-donor-records/) and agreed to pay a $50,000 settlement to a conservative group after confidential information from the group’s tax returns about its donors was published on the website of a political opponent.

A federal court ordered the U.S. government to pay the settlement to the National Organization for Marriage, a group that opposes same-sex marriage. The group sued the IRS last year after tax information from a 2008 form was leaked and ended up being published in 2012 by the Human Rights Campaign, which supports gay rights.

DJofSD
06-25-2014, 11:49 AM
How about a class action? Blood in the water?

Tom
06-25-2014, 11:55 AM
I say we need to stop paying taxes.
If the KGB, er, IRA can ignore the laws, so can we.

There is no reason for any of us to obey any laws anymore.

DJofSD
06-25-2014, 11:57 AM
On STRIKE, shut it down!

johnhannibalsmith
06-25-2014, 12:06 PM
This sentiment could go in almost any recent thread, but I'm starting to think maybe we were premature in drawing conclusions about our great experiment.

plainolebill
06-26-2014, 09:52 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/plainolebill/IRS.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/plainolebill/media/IRS.jpg.html)

Robert Goren
06-27-2014, 12:02 AM
You be surprised by how many people try that or again maybe you wouldn't.

plainolebill
06-27-2014, 01:00 AM
You be surprised by how many people try that or again maybe you wouldn't.

I'm taking the 5th on that. :lol:

JustRalph
07-09-2014, 04:22 PM
http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Lerner-email-use-2.pdf

So Lois was worried huh?

tucker6
07-09-2014, 04:25 PM
http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Lerner-email-use-2.pdf

So Lois was worried huh?
That's just PERFECT ...

Clocker
07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
More to worry about. Story from the AP:
(http://bigstory.ap.org/article/federal-judge-orders-irs-explain-lost-emails)
A federal judge on Thursday ordered the IRS to explain under oath how it lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan gave the tax agency a month to submit the explanation in writing. Sullivan said he is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources.

Sullivan issued the order as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group. He said the IRS declaration must be signed, under oath, by the appropriate IRS official.

Clocker
07-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Lois Lerner's emails must be toxic. They seem to cause computers to crash (http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/now-irs-reports-even-more-computer-crashes-doesnt-know-if-emails-still-exist/).

IRS Deputy Associate Chief Counsel Thomas Kane said in transcribed congressional testimony that more IRS officials experienced computer crashes, bringing the total number of crash victims to “less than 20,” and also said that the agency does not know if the lost emails are still backed up somewhere.

The new round of computer crash victims includes David Fish, who routinely corresponded with Lois Lerner, as well as Lerner subordinate Andy Megosh, Lerner’s technical adviser Justin Lowe, and Cincinnati-based agent Kimberly Kitchens.

tucker6
07-21-2014, 05:22 PM
decomposing fish have a lesser smell than the stories coming from the IRS. It takes a few minutes to understand if you have backup on email files, not weeks and weeks. So when do the perjury trials start?

JustRalph
07-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Such utter bullshit ............

Clocker
07-21-2014, 06:19 PM
So when do the perjury trials start?

The people currently testifying appear to be new, hired just to clean up the mess. They aren't lying because they don't know anything. As Lois Lerner has demonstrated, the people involved, the people who know what is happening, are not going the testify.

Stillriledup
07-21-2014, 06:41 PM
The people currently testifying appear to be new, hired just to clean up the mess. They aren't lying because they don't know anything. As Lois Lerner has demonstrated, the people involved, the people who know what is happening, are not going the testify.

They're not?

Clocker
07-22-2014, 09:24 AM
And the hits just keep on coming.

Days after IRS officials said in a sworn statement that former top agency employee Lois G. Lerner’s computer memory had been wiped clean, the agency put out word to contractors Monday that it needs help to destroy at least another 3,200 hard drives.

The Internal Revenue Service solicitation (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/21/irs-seeks-help-destroying-another-3200-computer-ha/) for “media destruction” services reflects an otherwise routine job to protect sensitive taxpayer information, but it was made while the agency’s record destruction practices remain under a sharp congressional spotlight.

DJofSD
07-22-2014, 10:52 AM
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/212900-irs-back-ups-of-lerner-emails-might-exist?wpisrc=nl_rdin

The IRS might not have lost the backups of former agency administrator Lois Lerner’s emails after all, according to a top IRS official.

In testimony released Monday, Thomas Kane, the IRS’s deputy associate chief counsel, told House Oversight investigators last week that the agency was examining whether all the back-up tapes which held the emails have been recycled.

The IRS told lawmakers in June that the tapes had been recycled, one of the reasons that an untold number of Lerner’s emails were missing. Since then, the IRS commissioner, John Koskinen, has repeatedly stood by those statements in congressional testimony.

Tapes? They're still creating backups to tape? That's so 1990.

Tom
07-22-2014, 10:58 AM
The money they save by using tape allows them to buy larger ink wells.

tucker6
07-22-2014, 11:15 AM
The money they save by using tape allows them to buy larger ink wells.
Now that there's funny. :lol:

Clocker
07-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Oops, maybe that Lois Lerner hard drive wasn't recycled after all.

This like a soap opera. There is a totally new plot twist every week. Now they say the hard drive may have just been scratched but recoverable. How in the hail do you scratch a hard drive?

Despite early refusals to make available IT professionals who worked on Lois Lerner’s computer, Ways and Means Committee (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=388731) investigators have now learned from interviews that the hard drive of former IRS Exempt Organizations Director Lois Lerner was “scratched,” but data was recoverable. In fact, in-house professionals at the IRS recommended the Agency seek outside assistance in recovering the data. That information conflicts with a July 18, 2014 court filing by the Agency, which stated the data on the hard drive was unrecoverable – including multiple years’ worth of missing emails.

“It is unbelievable that we cannot get a simple, straight answer from the IRS about this hard drive,” said Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI). “The Committee was told no data was recoverable and the physical drive was recycled and potentially shredded. To now learn that the hard drive was only scratched, yet the IRS refused to utilize outside experts to recover the data, raises more questions about potential criminal wrong doing at the IRS.”

DJofSD
07-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Oops, maybe that Lois Lerner hard drive wasn't recycled after all.

This like a soap opera. There is a totally new plot twist every week. Now they say the hard drive may have just been scratched but recoverable. How in the hail do you scratch a hard drive?

Scratched is an IT term meaning it's been "sanitized" to a degree then returned to the available pool. Sanitized usually means the normal data structures used by routines in the operating system to access the media have been reinitialized. Normally, the old data in the files is still there but any traces of what were the names of the files, where the were located, etc., is gone -- using normal access methods result it the device appearing to be empty.

The example most people are familiar with is the old DOS hard drive which used a system file which functioned as a table of contents. When a file was deleted or erased, the entry in the table of contents had the first character changed to a special character. As long as the actual file located on various sectors was not overwritten, a utility such as Norton Utilities could read the table of contents then change the special character to another value then the file could be seen if you did a DIR command at the prompt.

There's a lot more to what goes on under the covers whether it's the old DOS, Windows or any other OS but I'll stop here.

Tom
07-22-2014, 10:49 PM
All IRS records are backed up on paper.

Flash paper.

What a total joke of an organization - total liars and thieves.
2016 platform - abolish the KGB, er, IRS.

Clocker
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
The IRS Commissioner (http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/23/irs-commissioner-were-not-investigating-the-missing-emails-right-now/) told Congress today that the IRS has stopped looking for lost emails. He said that the IRS inspector general is conducting an investigation, so he has stopped his own investigation. But he did admit later that the inspector general never told him not to cooperate with Congress.

DJofSD
07-23-2014, 01:43 PM
You don't want to mess with or get on the wrong side of an IG.

Clocker
07-23-2014, 01:59 PM

It looks like he was trying to use the IG as an alibi.

Koskinen claimed that IRS inspector general J. Russell George told him “not to do any further investigations or interviews” with employees pertaining to hard drive crashes, and that’s why he did not voluntarily provide a key witness to congressional investigators. But Koskinen later admitted that the inspector general never told him not to cooperate with Congress.

JustRalph
07-24-2014, 02:13 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/tale-tapes-irs-head-confirms-investigators-have-found-backup-tapes-in-lerner/

Backup tapes located............

Interesting

DJofSD
07-24-2014, 07:47 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/tale-tapes-irs-head-confirms-investigators-have-found-backup-tapes-in-lerner/

Backup tapes located............

Interesting
Between the author of the article and the other non-techie's, it's about as clear as mud what they actually have. At best, they have located removable media which was used at one point for a back up. Whether or not that back up actually contains copies of emails let alone the emails of interest is not known. And that's just the beginning. Good luck to the team which will be trying to actually recover whatever is on those tapes.

fast4522
07-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Please recycle.

mutualwagerer
07-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Just like Nixon' lost 22 minutes.
They keep using these obviously phony excuses because here are always SAPS around who believe it.

Ignorance is the fuel of government.

So true and sad no one is willing to open their eyes and just use blind faith in the people in power, cant forget to mention the jfk shooting when you talk about the Watergate tapes. Just ridiculous :bang: :bang: :bang:

dartman51
07-29-2014, 07:24 PM

This reminded me of a 2009 story. It's even more dangerous to get on the wrong side of Obama, if you are an IG.

Walpin had just issued two reports that were very critical of the actions taken by the Corporation for National and Community Service.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/06/more-details-emerge-in-president-obamas-firing-of-inspector-general/

davew
07-31-2014, 12:18 AM
some of lerner's emails are surfacing

those 'crazies' may end up getting her