PDA

View Full Version : Longshot analysis from yesterday, SA1

cutchemist42
06-13-2014, 12:08 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=SA&race=1&param1=167162&param2=390&param3=780

The 1 took the race, in a way I never saw coming. I know it was a 2nd time starter, and with maiden races, an open mind should somewhat be kept, but I never one angle that led me to him.

Horse went off at 30-1.

What do you guys see?

dasch
06-13-2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=SA&race=1&param1=167162&param2=390&param3=780

The 1 took the race, in a way I never saw coming. I know it was a 2nd time starter, and with maiden races, an open mind should somewhat be kept, but I never one angle that led me to him.

Horse went off at 30-1.

What do you guys see?

To start it was not a very good field at all but.......

It was a VERY oddly run race with all 6 horses across the track early with the winner being on the inside. Then down the backstretch the 2 favorites pulled away by 2-2.5 lengths from him but never angled over to the inside so he slipped through inside once again.

Very odd looking race but not surprised the winner improved in his 2nd start due to the connections, but nobody could have predicted the perfect trip he was going to get.

Stillriledup
06-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Im kicking myself for this race, i had a "?" on the winner's first start, which means i wasnt sure how to evaluate his performance, and i loved the 2nd and especially the 3rd place finisher off tape, hated the other 2 favorites, didnt like them off replays at all, part of me was mad that this horse beat me but i was more mad at letting slip thru the cracks. Maybe the low profile connections and the fact that he was outrun in a Statebred claimer got me off his back.

This horse sort of has an ok look about him, not sure he can rise and win, but he seems to be able to go a bit.

For what its worth, i'm a HUGE fan of the 3rd place finisher in there, he's got a big stride and seems to not love the kickback, but from a replay standpoint, he's impressive and he's a horse im looking to play next time, hopefully he will get into the right situation.

OverlayHunter
06-13-2014, 03:47 PM
SRU, you really struck a chord. Those "?" horses, the ones that I don't have a nice neat niche for, kicked my butt for years. Finally, just decided if they're any price at all, I'm playing them to win and putting them in the exotics or passing the race. Until that decision they were the source of more frustration and mental anguish than any other single handicapping problem.

cutchemist42
06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Im kicking myself for this race, i had a "?" on the winner's first start, which means i wasnt sure how to evaluate his performance, and i loved the 2nd and especially the 3rd place finisher off tape, hated the other 2 favorites, didnt like them off replays at all, part of me was mad that this horse beat me but i was more mad at letting slip thru the cracks. Maybe the low profile connections and the fact that he was outrun in a Statebred claimer got me off his back.

This horse sort of has an ok look about him, not sure he can rise and win, but he seems to be able to go a bit.

For what its worth, i'm a HUGE fan of the 3rd place finisher in there, he's got a big stride and seems to not love the kickback, but from a replay standpoint, he's impressive and he's a horse im looking to play next time, hopefully he will get into the right situation.

I agree about the 3rd place finisher, had him to win and still added him to my database to warn of his next entry.