PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, The Force Was Not With Him

Overlay
06-12-2014, 04:58 PM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=872786

Harrison Ford (aka Han Solo) has been hospitalized after injuring his ankle during filming of Episode VII of the Star Wars saga.

Overlay
06-16-2014, 03:41 PM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=873221

Latest report is that it will take eight weeks for him to make it back on to the set.

FantasticDan
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
I have a bad feeling about this..

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Star Wars VII is a bad idea to start with.

horses4courses
06-16-2014, 04:18 PM
This place is turning into a mini Entertainment Tonight tabloid show. :sleeping:

tucker6
06-16-2014, 04:21 PM
I have a bad feeling about this..

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda

You will know the good from the bad when you are calm - Yoda

Say hello to the emperor for me.

Actor
06-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Star Wars VII is a bad idea to start with.Unless you want to make money. Each of the first six made lots of it. I would hazard that, after John Carter and The Lone Ranger, Disney needs to a hit.

Going to see SW VII is probably a bad idea but I'll probably check it out anyway.

thaskalos
06-17-2014, 06:00 AM
Unless you want to make money. Each of the first six made lots of it. I would hazard that, after John Carter and The Lone Ranger, Disney needs to a hit.

Going to see SW VII is probably a bad idea but I'll probably check it out anyway.

Maybe Disney DOES need a hit...but does Harrison Ford need the money so badly that he would accept a physical role like this at such an advanced age?

Han Solo at 71? C'mon...

tucker6
06-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Maybe Disney DOES need a hit...but does Harrison Ford need the money so badly that he would accept a physical role like this at such an advanced age?

Han Solo at 71? C'mon...
I wondered that myself. When the movie was first talked about, I assumed the old stars would have cameo and/or elder statesman parts. I am surprised Ford was put into a position which broke his ankle. Maybe it was a freak accident, but it doesn't sound that way.

FantasticDan
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
I wondered that myself. When the movie was first talked about, I assumed the old stars would have cameo and/or elder statesman parts. I am surprised Ford was put into a position which broke his ankle. Maybe it was a freak accident, but it doesn't sound that way.Variety said that a hydraulic door accidentally "fell" on his ankle, sure sounds pretty freaky to me.

Ford's a very fit guy even at 71. Evenso I don't think they're gonna have him running from Stormtroopers for two hours..

tucker6
06-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Variety said that a hydraulic door accidentally "fell" on his ankle, sure sounds pretty freaky to me.

Ford's a very fit guy even at 71. Evenso I don't think they're gonna have him running from Stormtroopers for two hours..
Thanks for the info.

I might pay to see old geezer Ford running for two hours. Probably more like a ten minute run and two hour funeral. :D

Actor
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Variety said that a hydraulic door accidentally "fell" on his ankle, sure sounds pretty freaky to me.There's a scene in the original Star Wars where Ford leaps through a doorway that is "irising" shut. There's another scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where he manages to get through a descending door and then reaches back to grab his whip. This has given rise to the movie term "Harrison door." :rolleyes:

LlyPGKnCg_U

dJ920fat50M

TJDave
06-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Han Solo at 71? C'mon...

I should look as good when I'm 71 which will be impossible considering I'm 64 and don't.