PDA

View Full Version : DAP &COMMENTARY BY EVAN HAMMONDS

NY BRED
06-10-2014, 06:58 PM
In any endeavor, one should win with grace and lose with dignity. Considering Coburn’s boasting after the Derby and his gut-punch to Churchill Downs after the Preakness, he has exhibited neither on his journey.

CLOSING STATEMENT IN TODAY'S BLOOD HORSE EMAIL:

There is a reason only 11 horses have won the Triple Crown. It takes a special horse with the talents and the temperament to make it through the five-week journey in the spring. And that goes for the connections as well. Those 11 winners had owners who were sportsmen and who graciously represented racing with a certain level of class. Coburn proved he doesn’t belong with that group and was a true spoil sport with his post-race comments.

He is proof positive the racing gods exist.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/wgoh/archive/2014/06/10/dumb-ass-partner-by-evan-hammonds.aspx#ixzz34HPLU3UA
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
06-10-2014, 07:17 PM
So racing gods exist. You don't say?
I'd say Coburn is not the only dumb ass.

elhelmete
06-10-2014, 07:23 PM
I can't recall who I'm supposed to hate and why anymore.

CD was good (pre fairgrounds and takeout hike), then bad (let the piling on begin!), then bad again (good for Coburn sticking it to CDI!), then good again (screw Coburn!)

Red Knave
06-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Evan Hammonds is an idiot. I'm okay with his opinion but let's put the entire story into perspective. Hammonds' piling on after the fact is 'dumb ass' journalism.

Everyone else in the sport has moved on. He should too.

It would be interesting to see Hammonds in the same position as Coburn one day. How much class would he display then?