PDA

View Full Version : North America Cup

cmp92
06-10-2014, 05:06 PM
This Saturday at Mohawk. I'll be making the drive up there. Draw was held this afternoon:

1 Beat The Drum Y Gingras S Lind 20-1
2 Mcwicked D Miller C Coleman 7-2
3 Tellitlikeitis B Miller J Takter 3-1
4 Lyonssomewhere C Callahan J Takter 4-1
5 Lets Drink On It T Smith J Seekman 6-1
6 Ideal Cowboy(L) S Zeron P Fraley 15-1
7 Hes Watching Ti Tetrick D Menary 5-1
8 Luck Be Withyou R Pierce W Cass 12-1
9 Jk Endofanera B Sears R Burke 10-1
10 Sometimes Said J Campbell J Campbell 20-1

Pretty tough group. There really isn't a standout horse in here, unlike last year. Thoughts?

Sinner369
06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
"Pretty tough group. There really isn't a standout horse in here, unlike last year. Thoughts?"

You are 100% correct...........very even group...........usually in cases like this........the trip wins it.

Overcall
06-11-2014, 06:04 PM
btw TM Mohawk programs are available

mrroyboy
06-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Looks like Fridays are available. Saturday's aren't on there yet.

dave1950
06-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Anyone know the drivers success rates at mohawk?

I notice not one driver is a regular at mohawk.

Might play a role in the result!

Sea Biscuit
06-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Looks like Fridays are available. Saturday's aren't on there yet.

Saturday's (June 14) program proofs can be downloaded from this link

http://ow.ly/d/2fcv

Sea Biscuit
06-11-2014, 11:29 PM
This Saturday at Mohawk. I'll be making the drive up there. Draw was held this afternoon:

1 Beat The Drum Y Gingras S Lind 20-1
2 Mcwicked D Miller C Coleman 7-2
3 Tellitlikeitis B Miller J Takter 3-1
4 Lyonssomewhere C Callahan J Takter 4-1
5 Lets Drink On It T Smith J Seekman 6-1
6 Ideal Cowboy(L) S Zeron P Fraley 15-1
7 Hes Watching Ti Tetrick D Menary 5-1
8 Luck Be Withyou R Pierce W Cass 12-1
9 Jk Endofanera B Sears R Burke 10-1
10 Sometimes Said J Campbell J Campbell 20-1

Pretty tough group. There really isn't a standout horse in here, unlike last year. Thoughts?

I have made McWicked the heavy even money favorite on my oddsline.

On a day when heavy front running favorites like JK Endofanera and Hes Watching were falling like ninepins trying to overcome an unbelievable track bias that materialized from nowhere, McWicked made three moves against the bias to win his race. From the one hole he scored to grab the 3 hole and then went for the lead just past the half and then relinquishing to another horse and made his third move in the stretch to win the race to earn himself a fine paser of 92 the highest of the three eliminations.

You get 2-1 or more for this horse on Saturday hit him hard.

Here is his replay

http://bcove.me/blhs85x7

Good luck to all those playing.

I bet him in the eliminations too and he paid $9

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1651151#post1651151

EdZone
06-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Anyone know the drivers success rates at mohawk?

I notice not one driver is a regular at mohawk.

Might play a role in the result!

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/content/top-drivers-woodbinemohawk-racetrack.html

cmp92
06-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I have made McWicked the heavy even money favorite on my oddsline.

On a day when heavy front running favorites like JK Endofanera and Hes Watching were falling like ninepins trying to overcome an unbelievable track bias that materialized from nowhere, McWicked made three moves against the bias to win his race. From the one hole he scored to grab the 3 hole and then went for the lead just past the half and then relinquishing to another horse and made his third move in the stretch to win the race to earn himself a fine paser of 92 the highest of the three eliminations.

You get 2-1 or more for this horse on Saturday hit him hard.

Here is his replay

http://bcove.me/blhs85x7

Good luck to all those playing.

I bet him in the eliminations too and he paid $9

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1651151#post1651151
That's a big mile for sure. I'm surprised he isn't the morning line favorite.

Can he do it again this week? Historically, the NA Cup is not friendly to horses trying to go wire to wire. With that said, the race could easily set up in his favor.

mrroyboy
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I downloaded the program. That whole card is incredible including the cup. Probably the best horses racing today are there.

cmp92
06-13-2014, 01:49 AM
I downloaded the program. That whole card is incredible including the cup. Probably the best horses racing today are there.
There is an all stakes Pick 4. Guaranteed pool $100,000.

cmp92
06-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Heading up soon. Good luck all!

tampahorseplayer
06-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Im not much of a harness player but Lyonssomewhere looks like the one to beat to me, he really has been on fire, and I think he can sit a perfect trip while the speed demons go 26 and change.

Sinner369
06-15-2014, 05:38 AM
J F ENDOFANERA had me fooled; won from the 9 hole and was parked the whole trip..........I guess it helped with a fast first half and a slower last half.

Could not have bet J F End...............!!!

Sea Biscuit
06-15-2014, 07:31 AM
J F ENDOFANERA had me fooled; won from the 9 hole and was parked the whole trip..........I guess it helped with a fast first half and a slower last half.

That 25.1 first quarter was the track record for being the fastest in NA cup history.

cmp92
06-15-2014, 09:27 AM

I felt pretty comfortable not betting him either. I thought his effort last week was horrible and didn't see him bouncing back this week. From my understanding, he had some steering/equipment issues last week.

He was parked the whole mile. The fractions helped and so did the cover flow, but I am pretty impressed with the effort.

I had a great time at Mohawk last night. Big crowd, but I thought Mohawk was well prepared for it.

thespaah
06-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I felt pretty comfortable not betting him either. I thought his effort last week was horrible and didn't see him bouncing back this week. From my understanding, he had some steering/equipment issues last week.

He was parked the whole mile. The fractions helped and so did the cover flow, but I am pretty impressed with the effort.

I had a great time at Mohawk last night. Big crowd, but I thought Mohawk was well prepared for it.
Being parked on 7/8ths or mile track has not nearly the negative effect of a three or 4 turn track.
I've seen this a bazillion times. Where several drivers will take shots at the lead down the backstretch. The driver wants to get to the cones with the hopes that another horse will drop in front of him which would enable to sit the pocket, pull with an eighth to go and zip by the leader.
All too often this type of racing sets up well for deep closers.

LottaKash
06-15-2014, 01:54 PM
That 25.1 first quarter was the track record for being the fastest in NA cup history.

Tough field, at this stage of the "careers"....And, the 53.2 half didn't help any of the early horses either....The fastest of the season so far....A right of passage for these guys....

Looks like we have a very competitive and racy bunch of 3yo's this year....I think it will be very interesting to see how the rest of the season will play out, from hereon....None of the top contenders were highly embarrassed in this one....:jump:

cmp92
06-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Tough field, at this stage of the "careers"....And, the 53.2 half didn't help any of the early horses either....The fastest of the season so far....A right of passage for these guys....

Looks like we have a very competitive and racy bunch of 3yo's this year....I think it will be very interesting to see how the rest of the season will play out, from hereon....None of the top contenders were highly embarrassed in this one....:jump:
This looks to be a pretty good bunch. They have a pretty busy schedule for the next month. Pocono has eliminations this weekend and then a final next weekend. After that, I believe there are is the elimination and final for the Meadowlands Pace.

Overcall
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
cmp said: I had a great time at Mohawk last night. Big crowd, but I thought Mohawk was well prepared for it.

That $2 HPI promotion slowed the lines. I put xtra money in the plastic. Big mistake. A large percentage of betters had trouble using them. They had a lot of support to help first time users. Using the tellers was the way to go. And those lines were long too.

cmp92
06-17-2014, 01:06 AM
cmp said: I had a great time at Mohawk last night. Big crowd, but I thought Mohawk was well prepared for it.

That $2 HPI promotion slowed the lines. I put xtra money in the plastic. Big mistake. A large percentage of betters had trouble using them. They had a lot of support to help first time users. Using the tellers was the way to go. And those lines were long too.
Yes there were tons of rookies in there. The one drawback to the promotion was that the newbies didn't realize that the machine accepts your bet without giving you a ticket (unless you printed a receipt). I'm sure that's slightly frustrating for the seasoned vet to watch over and over again while waiting to bet.

I didn't have too many problems getting my bet in. Usually, I waited until the post parade was over before making my bet. I had plenty of time to spare after making my bet and before the start of the race. I was downstairs and used the Mutuel Room just past the concession stand. I noticed the tellers didn't nearly have enough business as the machines.