PDA

View Full Version : Captaintreacherous

cmp92
06-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Starts his season on Friday at the Big M. Draws post 10. Looking forward to him battling the top older pacers. This is the Meadowlands Maturity, restricted to 4 year olds.

1. Tarpon Hanover - Ron Pierce - Nick Surick
2. Dovuto Hanover - Scott Zeron - Darran Cassar
3. Apprentice Hanover - Jody Jamieson - Benjamin Wallace
4. Rockin Amadeus - Corey Callahan - Jimmy Takter
5. Sunfire Blue Chip - Yannick Gingras - Jimmy Takter
6. Word Power - Jim Morrill Jr. - Larry Remmen
7. Dedis Dragon - Yannick Gingras - Ron Burke
8. Odds On Equuleus - Scott Zeron - Tony Alagna
9. Twilight Bonfire - David Miller - Paul Reid
10. Captaintreacherous - Tim Tetrick - Tony Alagna

cmp92
06-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Upset by a nose last night by Domethatagain.

1:48.0

I thought Tetrick was surprised that horse came up the passing lane. It really didn't look like he asked for much in the stretch.

I don't believe the elimination winners get to pick posts, so I suppose he has no incentive to really push him. It'll take a big effort to beat Sweet Lou. He looked awesome last night.

cmp92
06-29-2014, 01:22 AM
So far not much luck for the Captain. He never really got a chance tonight from post 8. He wasn't embarrassed out there. We'll see how he holds up now that a lot of the upcoming Grand Circuit stuff is at the Meadowlands and the big track.

Sweet Lou was game in the stretch. Burke swept the trifecta. He probably took $400,000+ out of that $500,000 purse (co-owns and trains those three horses). Zeron got parked with a huge longshot (another Burke horse, post position 2), seems like it protected the Burke horses. He jammed up the backfield, and forced the rest of the field to go around while the Burke horses hugged the rail.

Bad post and Burke getting posts 1-4 made it tough. That's a tough post to try and leave from not to mention getting around Sweet Lou and Bolt the Duer.