PDA

View Full Version : Website problems as of late

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2014, 08:08 PM
There have been a number of small "outages" lately here, especially during peak times.

I've made some adjustments and already see the site seems to be acting peppier. So, I apologize for these outages as of late, and would appreciate it if people would report here if they notice a problem (after the fact, obviously, if you can't get on the site).

Thanks!

Greyfox
06-08-2014, 08:11 PM
I suspect your site was bombarded after yesterday's Belmont and Chrome's loss.
I tried for a couple of hours and it wasn't responding.
The number of hits may have caused the outage.

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Increased traffic was an indirect cause. Although I get a decent amount of traffic, in internet terms, I am nowhere near a BIG site, thus I should be able to handle plenty of traffic as I have been on my own server for a couple of years now.

I have an idea what has been causing the problem and just now took some steps to eliminate the problem...hopefully, things will be better from now on.

judd
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
The Asian love adds don't help

HuggingTheRail
06-08-2014, 08:44 PM
The religious thread is weighing things down... :D

Shelby
06-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Thanks, PA, for all of your hard work!!!! I was bummed to not be able to get on yesterday during and after the Belmont, but it was completely understandable!!! Your site got pummeled, I'm sure.

edited to say that I have adblocker on my Mac and I never see an ad.

Stillriledup
06-08-2014, 09:05 PM
SRU's nonsensical threads and 7 year old bumps are most likely what's causing the chaos.

:D

Shelby
06-08-2014, 09:11 PM
SRU's nonsensical threads and 7 year old bumps are most likely what's causing the chaos.

Yes, because it's always all about you ;) :D

thaskalos
06-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Don't worry, PA...

It takes more than a few small outages to keep us away from this place.

Robert Fischer
06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
:blush::mad:No one should be allowed to post seconds after the Belmont

...unless they have posted minor-track jockey complaints on a random Tuesday late night! :mad::blush:

Greyfox
06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Don't worry, PA...

It takes more than a few small outages to keep us away from this place.

Your braveness Thask was noted in this corner in the threat that you'd never post here again if Chrome won. :ThmbUp:
I didn't think that CC would win either after the Preakness, but I'm not the gambler that you are.
A "Big________(name poster, not to be mentioned)" made a similar call if Romney didn't win.
Too robust an idea for me.

098poi
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Yes I did notice yesterday some issues. At some point I got this error message in my browser. (Firefox)

thaskalos
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Your braveness Thask was noted in this corner in the threat that you'd never post here again if Chrome won. :ThmbUp:
I didn't think that CC would win either after the Preakness, but I'm not the gambler that you are.
A "Big________(name poster, not to be mentioned)" made a similar call if Romney didn't win.
Too robust an idea for me.

It is out of character for me to step out like that...but I was really sure that the horse would lose...and I didn't want my comment to be construed as just "empty words". :)

As I've said before...I get many more NEGATIVE feelings about horses than I do positive ones. That's why I am hoping that Exchange wagering will finally become established in this country...so I can capitalize on this curious talent of mine.

JustRalph
06-08-2014, 10:00 PM
The server was throwing some serious error messages right after the race. I did get in once, immediately after it rebooted, I think. Check out this screenshot I took

Btw, that's not my image killing the thread size

Longshot6977
06-08-2014, 10:44 PM
If you didn't post before the Belmont, you should not be allowed to post after the Belmont. God damn cheaters trying to upset the apple cart and crash this site!

DeltaLover
06-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes, right after the completion of the Belmont, I also tried to access the site but it was unavailable.. When I tried again approximately 50 min later it was up again... Not a big deal as Thask said, but you need to go through the logs trying to understand what was the cause of the outage... I think the fix can be as simple as a configuration setting change....

dannyhill
06-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Figured you partnered with DRF when i saw the site had crashed.:)

kingfin66
06-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I thought I was bad, but some of you are just HARD CORE. Am I to believe that you are on the site most of the day, take a few minutes off to watch the race, and then right back to the site? That is dedication!

thespaah
06-08-2014, 11:36 PM

Yes.. I think you should be taken to the Town Square to be flogged

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2014, 12:40 AM
The Asian love adds don't helpThose ads are targeted towards your browsing habits... :lol:

dannyhill
06-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Those ads are targeted towards your browsing habits... :lol:
I wasn't gonna out him.... but glad you did :lol: