PDA

View Full Version : General A Rod might be disqualified

Mineshaft
06-08-2014, 07:16 PM
for being late to the holding barn prior to the running of the Belmont.If he was late why didnt they scratch him? It happens everywhere at every tyrack if you are late to the paddock or late to the holding barn they scratch you. Why didnt the stewards scratch him why did they wait today to bring this up?

nijinski
06-08-2014, 07:19 PM
for being late to the holding barn prior to the running of the Belmont.If he was late why didnt they scratch him? It happens everywhere at every tyrack if you are late to the paddock or late to the holding barn they scratch you. Why didnt the stewards scratch him why did they wait today to bring this up?

I know , Romans was not happy and let him know it too .

Mineshaft
06-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I know , Romans was not happy and let him know it too .

And he has a right to be mad but dont go yelling at Maker. Call the stewards and tell them whats going on.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-08-2014, 08:42 PM
At first I thought what was the General being DQ'ed from? But I see he finished 7th, and the Belmont pays $35,000 for 7th......

tanner12oz
06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
If its a rule he needs to be dqed no excuse

dirty moose
06-09-2014, 06:23 AM
There was an hour between races, how can you be "late"?
Now I'll play devil's advocate, There's an hour between races, does it really matter if he was "late"?

Seriously it's the Belmont, I think everyone gets cut a little slack. They cut CC slack with the nose patch. Hell would have saved me $20 if they scratched him :bang:

rastajenk
06-09-2014, 06:28 AM
I would think a small fine would be sufficient. A post-race DQ with forfeited purse money is way too excessive.

dirty moose
06-09-2014, 06:34 AM
I don't think it's a big deal at all (I'm very laid back about certain things) but how the hell are you late to this party? $1.5 mil isn't enough of a reason to show up on time lol. Make you scratch your head.

Stillriledup
06-09-2014, 09:05 PM
At first I thought what was the General being DQ'ed from? But I see he finished 7th, and the Belmont pays $35,000 for 7th......

So, if CC won the Triple Crown and was late to the holding barn due to throngs of media that he couldnt get past in time, would he be disqualified from the Triple Crown?

Wild hunch says no.

Tom
06-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Stupid stuff.
If it is all true, the horse should have been DQ'd on the spot.
If they DQ him now, I think he should sue - by allowing him to run, they essentially sanctioned him to be in the race.

Why do we keep hearing about stupid everyday stuff that racing cannot get right?

proximity
06-09-2014, 10:51 PM
There was an hour between races, how can you be "late"?

maybe he was caught up in that long men's room line behind the whizz? :D

newtothegame
06-09-2014, 11:24 PM
maybe he was caught up in that long men's room line behind the whizz? :D

You have a serious bug for that whizz.......now you know when he goes to the restroom?? :lol:

proximity
06-09-2014, 11:36 PM
You have a serious bug for that whizz.......now you know when he goes to the restroom?? :lol:

well, according to the "anyone experience the same issues..." thread he was in the bathroom line like 2/3 of the day. let's just hope he washed his hands before he presented p.a. with that Preakness ticket!! :D