PDA

View Full Version : 8th at PrM

chadk66
06-08-2014, 06:25 PM
watch the 8th at Prairie Meadows. Winner was disqualified and was much the best horse. Mid stretch he drifted in front of a horse he had just went past and was well clear and the horse he past was a dead horse. horrible call by the stewards I think.

Prairie Bettor
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Mid stretch he drifted in front of a horse he had just went past

I was at Prairie and will tell you that the Prairie stewards live by the rule if it appears you cost a horse a position you will go down. Watch the replay again and you will clearly see the jockey pull up the :3: and that clearly slows his mount and allows the :4: to gain a position.

Easy call by the stewards. I was surprised it took an objection. I saw it live and was looking for the Inquiry sign.

Tough beat as the :1: was the best horse Sunday, but rules are rules.

Interesting side note, there was a large bridge jumper bet on the :3: that cost Prairie money by allowing the objection, not that I think stewards consider that in making a ruling.

Stillriledup
06-10-2014, 06:30 PM
watch the 8th at Prairie Meadows. Winner was disqualified and was much the best horse. Mid stretch he drifted in front of a horse he had just went past and was well clear and the horse he past was a dead horse. horrible call by the stewards I think.

THere's racing today at PM?

Stillriledup
06-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I was at Prairie and will tell you that the Prairie stewards live by the rule if it appears you cost a horse a position you will go down. Watch the replay again and you will clearly see the jockey pull up the :3: and that clearly slows his mount and allows the :4: to gain a position.

Easy call by the stewards. I was surprised it took an objection. I saw it live and was looking for the Inquiry sign.

Tough beat as the :1: was the best horse Sunday, but rules are rules.

Interesting side note, there was a large bridge jumper bet on the :3: that cost Prairie money by allowing the objection, not that I think stewards consider that in making a ruling.

Rules are rules? So you mean if this happened in the Ky Derby, the winner, who won by a large margin, would have been disqualified?

Prairie Bettor
06-10-2014, 07:11 PM
THere's racing today at PM?

omg, I bumped a TWO DAY old thread. :rolleyes:

Rules are rules? So you mean if this happened in the Ky Derby, the winner, who won by a large margin, would have been disqualified?

If they move the Kentucky Derby to Prairie Meadows, yes, without a doubt, in this situation, the winner would be disqualified. Prairie Meadows stewards are very consistent on their ruling. If you cost a horse a placing, you will go behind them.

Stillriledup
06-10-2014, 07:16 PM
omg, I bumped a TWO DAY old thread. :rolleyes:

If they move the Kentucky Derby to Prairie Meadows, yes, without a doubt, in this situation, the winner would be disqualified. Prairie Meadows stewards are very consistent on their ruling. If you cost a horse a placing, you will go behind them.

Hmmm, that was odd, i didnt see your post and just thought Chad's post was at the top, it was the only post on the thread when i posted, your post hadn't come across yet for some reason.

As far as The PmM stewards taking down a "Derby winner" maybe that's why the Derby isn't at PmM. :D

Prairie Bettor
06-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Hmmm, that was odd, i didnt see your post and just thought Chad's post was at the top, it was the only post on the thread when i posted, your post hadn't come across yet for some reason. :D

lol! ok

As far as The PmM stewards taking down a "Derby winner" maybe that's why the Derby isn't at PmM. :D

one of MANY reasons :D

I must say during the quarter horse meet, I really don't like their rulings as I believe you must let more go in QH racing. But, consistent, they are.

Stillriledup
06-10-2014, 07:44 PM
lol! ok

I must say during the quarter horse meet, I really don't like their rulings as I believe you must let more go in QH racing. But, consistent, they are.

Yes, i didnt see your post, Chads just came across and i was like "that's odd" but it was a bumperooski on your part, well done i might add.

Im a proponent of leaving them up and letting them play, racing is a contact sport, winning bettors need to be paid and let the stewards figure out the administrative stuff behind the scenes.

You gotta pay the winners, i know that there are tracks i won't play or play much less if there's shaky DQs.....i see a shaky DQ i really have to be concerned. I want to be paid.

Maximillion
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
lol! ok

Of the tracks I currently play,I find this one to be the most unpredictable.
The overall quality of horses is not that bad.....but many of the races here have left me scratching my head.
Your thoughts?

chadk66
06-14-2014, 12:03 AM
there was no contact between the 1 and 3 and the 3 was beaten and backing up. The 1 was clear of the 3. In all the years I trained horses I have never seen a horse dq'd in that situation. If a horse was backing up it was a no foul unless he knocked him to the ground. And it was questionable if the 3 would have even been third.

Some_One
06-14-2014, 01:41 AM
I disagree that the 3 was tiring and going back, he was staying on okay, but the winner ran a straight line to me and the 3 ran into the back, no dq IMO.

ScullyDog
06-14-2014, 04:25 PM
One nice thing about PRM is that they do explain Stewards decisions on their website. At the bottom of this page is a link called Stewards Corner Daily Recap.

http://www.prairiemeadows.com/racing/horsemens-info/thoroughbred-meet/

chadk66
06-14-2014, 11:28 PM
One nice thing about PRM is that they do explain Stewards decisions on their website. At the bottom of this page is a link called Stewards Corner Daily Recap.

http://www.prairiemeadows.com/racing/horsemens-info/thoroughbred-meet/it was a pretty bland statement.