PDA

View Full Version : THIS, is TLG

Tom
06-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Andy on CNN right now.
Perfect response to the Dumb Ass Owner.
"He should be happy Tonalist was not in the Derby!" :lol:

Great opportunity for national exposure for racing, and we get this DA blowhard, Coburn.

The "anchor" just asked if CC needed a couple more years to get better and then get the Triple Crown!

jk3521
06-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Andy on CNN right now.
Perfect response to the Dumb Ass Owner

The "anchor" just asked if CC needed a couple more years to get better and then get the Triple Crown!
Duh!!!

alhattab
06-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Wow how did TLG react to that one!

ArlJim78
06-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Not sure this was the best comeback, assuming his best TimeformUs fig he'd have been in the hunt for 6th or 7th in the derby, or in pretty much any of California Chrome's recent races.

BettinBilly
06-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Andy on CNN right now.
......The "anchor" just asked if CC needed a couple more years to get better and then get the Triple Crown!

:D That's FUNNY!

Well, a few more years may help. He just needs to enter the 5 Year Old Triple Crown, wherever that is, and see how he does.

Longshot6977
06-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Not sure this was the best comeback, assuming his best TimeformUs fig he'd have been in the hunt for 6th or 7th in the derby, or in pretty much any of California Chrome's recent races.

The funny comment TLG made went right over your head. :)

Robert Fischer
06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

great line

ronsmac
06-09-2014, 03:22 PM
California Chrome's owner is a jerk for sure, but it's obvious he ran better in the Derby and Preakness than he did in the Belmont. He's acting like Tonalist drew off and won the Belmont easily.

classhandicapper
06-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I think CC's best is better than Tonalist's best so far, but I think I'd rather own Tonalist from here.

Gulchy
06-09-2014, 09:34 PM

It wasn't intended as any kind of comeback but was made to educate people on the circumstances surrounding Tonalist's setback prior to the Wood and what could have occurred had he run in the Wood and Derby..

Andy also pointed out that the TC is not the end of CC's racing career and fans can continue to follow CC and Tonalist as well throughout the rest of the year, and that racing is a fun and interesting game.

I don't know how but Andy kept a straight face explaining to Poppy Harlow that the TC is for 3 YO's. She acknowledged her naivete and seemed grateful Andy did it in a gracious manner.