PDA

View Full Version : Jockey Morales caught with five buzzers

affirmedny
06-08-2014, 02:13 PM
ALTOONA, Iowa – Jockey Roberto Morales was in possession of five electrical devices apparently intended for use in race riding when he was arrested Friday evening and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and prescription drugs following a routine search.

http://www.drf.com/news/jockey-morales-caught-five-buzzers

Longshot6977
06-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I wonder if he used them to attain his 4 for 79 record :bang: If so, they aren't working or they need new batteries. :lol: And he had a gun/firearm, I guess if the buzzer didn't work he could always shoot his competitors. He is a moron.

Tom
06-08-2014, 04:49 PM
I love the comments -
"more buzzers than wins!" :lol:
"got up late, those were his wife's pants!" :eek:

goatchaser
06-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Thank Gawd he wasn't like a friend of mine. 6 finger Louie

Stillriledup
06-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Was 4 not enough? :D

therussmeister
06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
I wonder if he used them to attain his 4 for 79 record :bang: If so, they aren't working or they need new batteries. :lol: And he had a gun/firearm, I guess if the buzzer didn't work he could always shoot his competitors. He is a moron.
He's trying to darken his form before using them.

HuggingTheRail
06-08-2014, 09:20 PM
sponsored by "Five Alive"??

Robert Goren
06-09-2014, 07:53 AM
I wonder if he used them to attain his 4 for 79 record :bang: If so, they aren't working or they need new batteries. :lol: And he had a gun/firearm, I guess if the buzzer didn't work he could always shoot his competitors. He is a moron. He probably makes them and sells. There is a market there at minor tracks You are right. He is a moron. He was lucky, things could have gone a lot worse for him.

onefast99
06-09-2014, 12:36 PM
A jockey once told me and the trainer "I wouldn't have won even if I had a gun" now I see where there is actually a jock who has a gun.

Dark Horse
06-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I love the comments -

LMAO! :D

As much as I'm against buzzers, either horse racing needs to crack down on them hard, or they need to allow them. I doubt that a buzzer is more hurtful to a horse than a whip, so take away the uncertainty for bettors. If it's allowed they can inform the public of the buzzer. I would prefer huge suspensions for jockeys caught with a device. Minimum of a year.

Stillriledup
06-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I love the comments -

Whoever said more buzzers than wins goes in the "post of the year" category.

This is typical racing, go after the people who don't win and leave the guys winning 89 percent alone.

goatchaser
06-10-2014, 12:52 AM
He probably only had 4 of them the the Peta video came out and Stevens gave him his.

proximity
06-10-2014, 01:12 AM
morales should just come to penn national.

as long as there aren't any records of him betting the races any problems will all work out in the end. :rolleyes: