PDA

View Full Version : Art Sherman

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Firstly, I apologize for yet another Triple Crown Trail thread, but I feel Sherman deserves one.

Of course the story is California Chrome, but I think Sherman has been lost in this whole shuffle a bit. That is likely due to his low key style.
Handled the loss today with the same attitude as he handled the previous big wins; like a gentleman :ThmbUp:

He simply said to his wife, "not today" as it became evident his colt would not win.
I genuinely feel bad for him tonight - not only has he suffered a tough defeat with immortality on the line, he has also suffered the insufferable ownership of Coburn, who doesn't seem like a guy who's easy to be around.

Good guy, Art Sherman, keep your chin up.
I know you will do right by this colt in the future (if the owners will let you).

Mr_Ed
06-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Firstly, I apologize for yet another Triple Crown Trail thread, but I feel Sherman deserves one.

Of course the story is California Chrome, but I think Sherman has been lost in this whole shuffle a bit. That is likely due to his low key style.
Handled the loss today with the same attitude as he handled the previous big wins; like a gentleman :ThmbUp:

He simply said to his wife, "not today" as it became evident his colt would not win.
I genuinely feel bad for him tonight - not only has he suffered a tough defeat with immortality on the line, he has also suffered the insufferable ownership of Coburn, who doesn't seem like a guy who's easy to be around.

Good guy, Art Sherman, keep your chin up.
I know you will do right by this colt in the future (if the owners will let you).

Hear, hear............ :ThmbUp:

ultracapper
06-08-2014, 02:43 AM
He and his boys are big players in California, north and south. Good horsemen.

Rex Phinney
06-08-2014, 09:38 AM
He and his boys are big players in California, north and south. Good horsemen.

I hope they get a few more nice horses coming their way from all this

nijinski
06-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I hope they get a few more nice horses coming their way from all this

He had some nice horses , he sort of blew it for me with Lang Field ,
gotta be honest .

The reality check came yesterday but all in all Sherman handled the
sudden success with grace and I did admire that . Very nice job with CC
and hopefully they will do well still in the future . It remains to be seen .

Guess it was Chrome that's helping me get over my grudge LOL.

BettinBilly
06-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Glad you started an Art Sherman Thread P.O.T.

He is a class act and I am hoping we see him again soon with another Horse that does him proud.

Saratoga_Mike
06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Sherman has been a class act throughout the entire Triple Crown run. It's a shame that he has to deal with that narcissist Coburn.