PDA

View Full Version : Victor's comments about his ride and CC's injury

bigbrown
06-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Interesting article including Victor Espinoza's explanations for his ride and comments about CC's injury:

http://www.drf.com/news/california-chrome-grabbed-quarter-during-belmont

ultracapper
06-07-2014, 11:49 PM
The horse lost by 2 lengths with a ton of analyzing ahead. He was flat as a pancake the whole race in my opinion. Never ever did he look like he would pop like he has. Still at the top of the stretch, if he would have had anything left, it could have happened. They couldn't have asked for a better set up. The whole race played right into his wheel house.

Anybody doubt he can win at a mile and a half if he's a fresh horse? I know this horse could beat that field at a mile and a half. As poor as he looked, it wasn't until the 3/16ths pole when he didn't pop was it absolutely certain he wouldn't get there. As flat as he was, coming around the far turn there was still a chance, if he could only muster something.

The horse is spent. He needs at minimum 6 weeks of "horsing" around.

Hell of a ride. Damn. Wait until next year.......again.

bigbrown
06-07-2014, 11:57 PM
...unlike the very not classy owner's rant...

https://twitter.com/EspinozasVictor/status/475459148126359552/photo/1

ultracapper
06-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Lovely. That's more of a bummer than the horse losing.

Give the guy a day to cool down. Maybe he'll come out and straighten it out. It must have been an incredible disappointment for a guy who really hasn't experienced anything in the game of horse racing except a frighteningly out of control ascent to the top.

fmolf
06-08-2014, 12:34 AM

Give the guy a day to cool down. Maybe he'll come out and straighten it out. It must have been an incredible disappointment for a guy who really hasn't experienced anything in the game of horse racing except a frighteningly out of control ascent to the top.
After seeing this guys true colors i am glad cc did not win....I was rooting for him and did not bet the race. After that "sour grapes " rant i believe my grandfather was right when he told me "There are more horses asses at the track than horses" we'll see if he's legit come the Haskell or the Travers, i hope.

tucker6
06-08-2014, 12:37 AM
After seeing this guys true colors i am glad cc did not win....I was rooting for him and did not bet the race. After that "sour grapes " rant i believe my grandfather was right when he told me "There are more horses asses at the track than horses" we'll see if he's legit come the Haskell or the Travers, i hope.
I never hold it against the horse that they are associated with donkeys.

ultracapper
06-08-2014, 02:27 AM
As far as this run in the derby, or have qualifying points to get into the derby in order to be eligible for the Preakness and Belmont is total nonsense. You want to destroy the entire idea of the Triple Crown? People have to understand the TC is a concept, a concept that meant nothing to Spend A Buck's connections. There is nothing wrong with pointing to the Belmont Stakes without considering the KD. It's an incredibly prestigious race all on it's own. Sure, these clowns were running for the mega-hyped, really unofficial TC, but the Tonalist people, in retrospect, really look like they were on a program for this race. Quite an accomplishment all it's own. Maybe it would be better all around if this Triple Crown thing maybe got toned down a bit. I doubt it would do any damage to the Derby or the Belmont. It would probably be the end of Pimlico, but that almost seems deserving. Maybe it would be the end of Bob Costas doing horse racing also.

Anyhow. Hell of a 5 week ride.

tzipi
06-08-2014, 02:38 AM

I don't care what excuse he comes back with to save face. A lot of these TC horses(Smarty, Funny Cide, Real Quiet, Silver Charm, etc,etc) had emotional owners who where on a rollercoaster TC ride and they DID NOT trash the 140+ Triple Crown or trash "coward owners". They guy is classless and showed his true colors.

They carded a 1 1/2 race for Espinoza earlier in the card. They scrapped their no nasal band rule for Chrome. They gave that team so many things to help them out like no other horses and he turns and does this. Unreal.

ultracapper
06-08-2014, 02:41 AM
I agree. It's gross. The connections/families of Tonalist have been horseman since WWII. He's just been spoiled beyond belief. He ought to start handicapping for a living. There's some humble pie for ya'.

Clement a coward. That's rich.

cmp92
06-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Interesting article including Victor Espinoza's explanations for his ride and comments about CC's injury:

http://www.drf.com/news/california-chrome-grabbed-quarter-during-belmont
Sounds like a horse that's worn out. Three races in five weeks definitely took its toll.