PDA

View Full Version : CC grabbed a quarter..

TheEdge07
06-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Coming out of the gate gashed it right front foot..

Longshot6977
06-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Coming out of the gate gashed it right front foot..

Jerry Bailey knew he may have hurt himsalf out of the gate, but Victor didn't have any idea. Unless he didn't want to bring it up in his post race interview.

RacingFan1992
06-07-2014, 10:04 PM
If he hurt himself, it may not have been the jockey's fault or the bad trip that did him in but rather he hurt himself. I guess Mr. Coburn's comments were completely unnecessary. GET THE FACTS BEFORE YOU ATTACK! He was mad that the newcomers ran his horse down but I do not think that is the case.

FantasticDan
06-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Chrome's foot after the race, courtesy of @DRFLivingston. Ouchies.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpkfuR5CAAATwo_.jpg

ArlJim78
06-07-2014, 11:51 PM
It was caused by Matterhorn right as they broke out of the gate.

ultracapper
06-07-2014, 11:57 PM
There was no "gang up" on him, if that's what the owner was implying. The horse was flat, tired, spent. Or....maybe hurt. He sure looked flat to me right from the start. I did not like at all the way he ran the first half of the race. It just didn't look like he had that "umph". The last 3 or 4 races he looked like a winner entering the far turn. He just had an air about him. That ambiance was not there during the race today. I could see it on a 45" TV in Seattle that the feeling in NY wasn't right.

He looked so good in the paddock and the parade. What a surprise, to me anyway. He totally looked the part.

nijinski
06-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Verrazano grabbed a quarter in the Tampa Bay and won easy .

It's unfortunate it happened but CC just wasn't the best horse today .
The rigors of racing caught up with him .

Rex Phinney
06-08-2014, 01:38 AM
There was no "gang up" on him, if that's what the owner was implying. The horse was flat, tired, spent. Or....maybe hurt. He sure looked flat to me right from the start. I did not like at all the way he ran the first half of the race. It just didn't look like he had that "umph". The last 3 or 4 races he looked like a winner entering the far turn. He just had an air about him. That ambiance was not there during the race today. I could see it on a 45" TV in Seattle that the feeling in NY wasn't right.

He looked so good in the paddock and the parade. What a surprise, to me anyway. He totally looked the part.

I agree my friend, as someone who was there at the track as he surrendered a few positions down the backside I just didn't have a good feeling.

nijinski
06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I saw a photo of it cleaned up .Without the blood it does not look anything las bad as that photo .