Clocker
06-07-2014, 07:01 PM
What's the closest bridge to Belmont?

Tom
06-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Just get in line - you'll find it.

depalma113
06-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Congrats to those that backed Tonalist, but this was an epic disappointment.

Bullet Plane
06-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I didn't have a nickel on this race, but Randy Moss was spot on.

Horrendous ride!

bks
06-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Good ride by Victor. Horse was produced well, just empty.

Some_One
06-07-2014, 07:05 PM
What a sore loser this owner is, STFU already.

CryingForTheHorses
06-07-2014, 07:06 PM
That was the worse ride.What the hell was he thinking,Strangling this horse worried about the fast half..If your horse is pulling you like that ,Let him go,Dont hold him as he will comeup empty,Worse thing he could have done is sit off the pace in them fractions that he could have done them easily..Sorry for his connections and very sorry for the millions of fans who this horse had gotten.Horse was telling him he wanted to go but the jock wouldnt let him.I just cant believe it!!!

Ahuge congrats to the connections of Tonilist!

Longshot6977
06-07-2014, 07:06 PM
What a sore loser Coburn is! Still complaining it wasn't fair etc. Jeesh, crybaby. The horse wasn't good enough today Steve, get over it.

Boris
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
What a sore loser this owner is, STFU already.
Agreed. What a puss.

Clocker
06-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Just get in line - you'll find it.

No bridges for me. The only money I had invested in this race was for adult refreshments.

JustRalph
06-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Good ride by Victor. Horse was produced well, just empty.

Brevity.......perfect!!!

taxicab
06-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Well, that's that!

Give all the credit in the world to Tonalist,he earned every bit of his Belmont victory today.
California Chrome just wasn't good enough to get the job done.
He had no excuses.
I sure enjoyed the TC races this year.
Very exciting stuff indeed.

Shelby
06-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry for all the Chromies....I wasn't one, but would have liked to see a triple happen. He's a good horse....but I think he's tired. He needs a good rest and we'll see him (hopefully) when he's four.

I'm really, really embarrassed for Mr. Coburn. He would have been so much classier to say something like "Thank you for everything, we enjoyed the first two legs...it was a privilege and an honor." Sigh.

Clocker
06-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Give all the credit in the world to Tonalist,he earned every bit of his Belmont victory today.

Ditto. And another No-Class Award to Bob Costas, who started off his interview with Tonalist's owner by sticking a mic in his face and asking him about the CC owner's classless rant.

JustRalph
06-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Chrome Foot after the race

Credit DRF/BLivingston

This pic is all over twitter, ....... so I guess it's ok to post

**Ride on Curlin eased due to displaced pallet according to many on Twitter

Longshot6977
06-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Ditto. And another No-Class Award to Bob Costas, who started off his interview with Tonalist's owner by sticking a mic in his face and asking him about the CC owner's classless rant.

I thought the same thing and couldn't believe he asked him that 1st.

Mr G
06-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Well, that's that!

I bet hoping Chrome would not hit the board ( 50 cent tri wheels 1st, 2nd and 3rd using Samratt ) and I am not sorry I lost but I must say as I am saddened by the co owners comments after the race especially so when so many were truly hoping Chrome would win it all.....

After hearing what he said I no longer feel bad that Chrome lost.

BettinBilly
06-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Great triple Crown this year, and yes, for me a disappointment we did not have a TC winner.

I keyed on Chrome. I was sure he'd be in the money. I had him with Tonalist, Wicked and Curve. Oh well, a fun race anyway.

Coburn's comments are understandable by many whom also feel that any horse winning the Triple Crown must run all three legs to claim the victory. However, that was not the setting to discuss it. And calling the practice of bringing in a fresh horse for Belmont cowardly was a very big faux pas for a national televised venue like Belmont.

What a class act it would have been if he stated something like, "Well, we have nothing to be ashamed of. Our entire team and our wonderful Horse ran with pride, even though we could not claim the final race in the Crown. We congratulate Tonalist and his connections and we thank everyone for their passionate support of Chrome."

Speaking of that, congrats to all you Tonalist winners! Great pick!

Frost king
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Too many big words for the owners to use.

HUSKER55
06-08-2014, 08:36 AM
CC RAN 3 very tough races in a row. Not every horse in that field can say the same.

IMHO if the jockey had opened CC early a lot of the field would have fallen and the outcome would have been different.

However,...the race is the race and we have to accept that Tonalist won.

classhandicapper
06-08-2014, 09:49 AM
CC did not fire his "A" race yesterday. The only debate is whether it was because he didn't want 12F, wasn't as sharp with that many tough races in such compressed time, his hoof issue, the trip, or a little of each.

In general, the trip looked good other than losing some ground on the 2nd turn when he made his serious bid (which did not help).

I thought the ideal trip would have been to stalk, have the lead turning from home, and then try to hold them off. Some of the problem may have been that he didn't have the same burst of brilliance going that long, but IMO he wasn't going to win with a 4-5 wide sweep from behind horses going 12F when his stretch runs in the prior two race indicated he wasn't finishing powerfully going shorter. He wasn't that much better than the competition.

delayjf
06-08-2014, 10:28 AM
I agreed with Jerry Bailey analysis of the ride. He was comfortable setting behind the leaders showed no sign of distress due to the sand in his face. He made his move and just didn't have it today. You can see Chrome starting to fade in the last 1/16th. Initially I thought the grind of the triple crown caught up with him, now I find out he injury one of his hoofs.

Mystic
06-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Chrome arrives home.

http://www.paulickreport.com/video/back-home-again-california-chrome-returns-to-los-alamitos/#.U5Xoj4nTle0.facebook