PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Cold in the Double Pool

bks
06-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I expected CC would be about 1/3 the price of the next lowest double (Wicked Strong). But it's less than 1/2 the price for multiple horses, and only about 1/2 off the favorite. Others are similarly deflated relative to Chrome's price.

That's not usually a good sign for a big favorite's chances.

Pensacola Pete
06-07-2014, 05:29 PM
With probably 200,000 $2 tickets being sold to the Ebay souvenir scalpers, memento keepers, and wishful public, California Chrome is still only 4/5 as I type. New York bettors aren't stupid, nor are the people who bet the big bucks. Something is wrong (I'm not saying there's any inside information or that the "fix" is in), and I no longer like California Chrome's chances. I hope I'm wrong.

wiffleball whizz
06-15-2014, 11:42 PM
With probably 200,000 $2 tickets being sold to the Ebay souvenir scalpers, memento keepers, and wishful public, California Chrome is still only 4/5 as I type. New York bettors aren't stupid, nor are the people who bet the big bucks. Something is wrong (I'm not saying there's any inside information or that the "fix" is in), and I no longer like California Chrome's chances. I hope I'm wrong.

Such a good post.....CC was dead as a doornail at 4/5.....tanner12oz said the same thing 5mtp.....big money stayed away and was right....

No such things as gifts in horse racing

thaskalos
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
California Chrome was dead-on-the-board...and Tonalist dropped from 11-1 to 9-1 as the race was in progress.

And then we say that the crowd is "dumb"... :)

Some_One
06-16-2014, 12:50 AM
What shock was there about CC's price? The Eurobookies were offering somewhere between evens to 3/2 the week leading up to the race, Betfair had him at 7/5. The Belmont win pool is always irrational with a TC on the line.