PDA

View Full Version : No live call of the Belmont from Tom Durkin

Clocker
06-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Tom Durkin's call of the Belmont will not be heard live on TV today. NBC's exclusive broadcast of the race includes their own caller. TVG has permission to air a replay with Durkin's call in their post-race coverage, starting at 7:30 Eastern, about half an hour past post time.

Mr G
06-07-2014, 04:32 PM
I am planning on watching the race on my wagering account at NYRA via their video feed...I hope they will show it live with Tom calling it.

Pensacola Pete
06-07-2014, 04:37 PM
They're using Collmus. At least it isn't Battaglia.

Tom
06-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Now that NBC has taken over the game, do we get a live call of any races?
You know NBC is not interested in the horse players - only idiot dames in stupid hats. Their coverage has already hit the bottom at 4:37. the horses are on the track for the Met Mile, one of the premier races in the game, nd the idiots are talking about Affirmed.

See, this is why the race belongs on Memorial Day,not today where, it gets second class treatment.

Clocker
06-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I just came across an incredible NY Times article (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/sports/voice-of-belmont-stakes-can-see-the-finish-line.html) about Durkin. He was the NBC announcer for their Triple Crown coverage until 3 years ago. He opted not to renew his contract because he experiences performance anxiety. He uses meditation, hypnosis, and medication to overcome the anxiety to do his job. I bet he is looking forward to retirement.

FantasticDan
06-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Clocker really breaking some news here! :rolleyes: :p