PDA

View Full Version : So much for Social Illusion

depalma113
06-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Couldn't even hold second.

SecretAgentMan
06-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I always thought he wasn't a good horse & Sanchez is cocky & I can't stand him.

boys at tosconova
06-07-2014, 03:10 PM
his preakness was meh..no way in hell was i going to bet @ even money after that race.

Relwob Owner
06-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Couldn't even hold second.

I like that name for him.....

onefast99
06-08-2014, 08:17 AM
I always thought he wasn't a good horse & Sanchez is cocky & I can't stand him.
Sanchez is a spokesman for the connections he isn't the trainer. SI will be fine they are looking to send him to MP and ready him for the Haskell. Grade II black type 5/5 ITM this horse will get a Grade 1 win soon. 99.9% of owners would love to have this horse in their barn and as a stallion later on down the road!

outofthebox
06-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Sanchez is a spokesman for the connections he isn't the trainer. SI will be fine they are looking to send him to MP and ready him for the Haskell. Grade II black type 5/5 ITM this horse will get a Grade 1 win soon. 99.9% of owners would love to have this horse in their barn and as a stallion later on down the road!Somehow they need to figure this horse out. Azpurua trains all his horses the same way. Fast, short breezes every couple of days does not sit well with horses that have a short fuze. If they can somehow find a way to turn his engine off a bit, i'm sure we will see some good things from this colt..

classhandicapper
06-08-2014, 09:23 AM
He's a good horse. He's just been rushed, mishandled, and had fairly tough trips in his last 3 races. He needs to be freshened and started off in soft ALW spot or overnight race. Then go from there. These connections will probably wheel him right back and screw him up further.

magwell
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
He's a good horse. He's just been rushed, mishandled, and had fairly tough trips in his last 3 races. He needs to be freshened and started off in soft ALW spot or overnight race. Then go from there. These connections will probably wheel him right back and screw him up further. 100 % on the money :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
06-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Sanchez is a spokesman for the connections he isn't the trainer. SI will be fine they are looking to send him to MP and ready him for the Haskell. Grade II black type 5/5 ITM this horse will get a Grade 1 win soon. 99.9% of owners would love to have this horse in their barn and as a stallion later on down the road!Spoken like an owner of the horse. How much money did they turn down for him again?!

onefast99
06-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Spoken like an owner of the horse. How much money did they turn down for him again?!
I don't believe they ever had an offer for him, that is my opinion and I could be wrong.

letswastemoney
06-08-2014, 11:23 AM
He ran fine in the Woody Stephens. A horse that needs the lead and doesn't get it has every right to quit, and he made a good move. Bayern just discouraged him by not giving up.

Social Inclusion has placed in every graded stakes race he's entered, and his connections still get mounds of criticism. No gate mishaps or misbehavior on Saturday this time. Unless they're abusing the horse behind the scenes, the criticism is unwarranted.

onefast99
06-08-2014, 11:39 AM
He ran fine in the Woody Stephens. A horse that needs the lead and doesn't get it has every right to quit, and he made a good move. Bayern just discouraged him by not giving up.

Social Inclusion has placed in every graded stakes race he's entered, and his connections still get mounds of criticism. No gate mishaps or misbehavior on Saturday this time. Unless they're abusing the horse behind the scenes, the criticism is unwarranted.
He continues to sweat out part of the race before its run he is a very nervous horse. I like the fact the connections will train him only headed into the Haskell on Sunday July 27th, MP could be what the Dr. ordered for this one.

letswastemoney
06-08-2014, 11:47 AM
He continues to sweat out part of the race before its run he is a very nervous horse. I like the fact the connections will train him only headed into the Haskell on Sunday July 27th, MP could be what the Dr. ordered for this one.
It depends on what the other speed is. I wish they'd get Mike Smith for Social Inclusion and just order him to ride the horse as if he's Game On Dude or Bodemeister. They'd be a perfect match.

Robert Goren
06-08-2014, 11:49 AM
He continues to sweat out part of the race before its run he is a very nervous horse. I like the fact the connections will train him only headed into the Haskell on Sunday July 27th, MP could be what the Dr. ordered for this one.I would hope they could find a race he could win in a walk before trying the big boys again in the Haskell. I think he is very close to developing a loser's mentality or what ever they call it for race horses if he hasn't already. Or don't horsemen worry about that?

onefast99
06-08-2014, 11:52 AM
It depends on what the other speed is. I wish they'd get Mike Smith for Social Inclusion and just order him to ride the horse as if he's Game On Dude or Bodemeister. They'd be a perfect match.
I didn't think Ortiz did anything wrong but he wouldn't have been my 1st choice Smith would have been as I noted on the forum before. 7f isn't SI's distance I believe 1 1/16th to 1/1/8th are if trained properly. The last 2 races show this horse can rate but you are correct let him go to the front and keep the horse to task.

onefast99
06-08-2014, 11:54 AM
I would hope they could find a race he could win in a walk before trying the big boys again in the Haskell. I think he is very close to developing a loser's mentality or what ever they call it for race horses if he hasn't already. Or don't horsemen worry about that?
I never believed in that theory "develop" a losers menatality. There are too many variables. The trainer needs to figure the horse out or get him to someone who can.

onefast99
06-12-2014, 07:11 PM
News on SI very soon...................

Tom
06-12-2014, 09:31 PM
7 furlongs or a mile and a half.
I love owners with a solid plan for their horses.

precocity
06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
7 furlongs or a mile and a half.
I love owners with a solid plan for their horses.

he needs time off? like a year?

mostpost
06-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Two sets of fans on this forum. One set thinks California Chrome is a very good horse. The other set thinks Social Inclusion is a very good horse. California Chrome won six races in a row including three straight grade ones. Social Inclusion lost his last three races. One of these sets of fans is delusional.

Tom
06-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I think SI is a very good horse with very bad management.
When you flip a coin at entry time for a 7 furlong or 12 furlong race, what kind of focused prep has there been?

Robert Goren
06-13-2014, 09:06 AM
I think SI is a very good horse with very bad management.
When you flip a coin at entry time for a 7 furlong or 12 furlong race, what kind of focused prep has there been?He had his shot to prove himself in the Wood. No matter what you think of how he has been handle since, he should have run better there if he was a very good horse. So far all he has done is run very fast against fair horses at GP. He is more a product of the rumored offer than anything he has done on the track. Without that rumor there would be no threads here on him.

davew
06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Two sets of fans on this forum. One set thinks California Chrome is a very good horse. The other set thinks Social Inclusion is a very good horse. California Chrome won six races in a row including three straight grade ones. Social Inclusion lost his last three races. One of these sets of fans is delusional.

it isn't always yes or no, black or white....

there is a good chunk of people here who feel both are good horses

Tom
06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
This time last year, Will Take Charge sucked, too.

Saratoga_Mike
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
This time last year, Will Take Charge sucked, too.

Equipment change did the trick

classhandicapper
06-13-2014, 11:47 AM

I think they are both very good horses but one has been handled too aggressively and might be ruined if it continues.

JustRalph
06-13-2014, 12:25 PM
You can't ignore how badly this horse has been handled.

I think that if someone like Dick Mandella or Tom Amoss had this horse he might have been much more successful

burnsy
06-13-2014, 12:27 PM
I didn't think Ortiz did anything wrong but he wouldn't have been my 1st choice Smith would have been as I noted on the forum before. 7f isn't SI's distance I believe 1 1/16th to 1/1/8th are if trained properly. The last 2 races show this horse can rate but you are correct let him go to the front and keep the horse to task.

That horse showed it at GP when he beat Honor Code. They just rushed him into it. Personally I think he should of gone in the Belmont or not raced. The pace was perfect for him. Instead a horse like Commissioner gets an easy lead? This horse would of cleared. He crushed Bayern at two turns. Mostpost is right he's no Cali Chrome but he's OK. Others are right too........the handling is goofy. I would of went for the Belmont after a nice prep like Tonalist did. The two turn front runners always do well in that race. The pace and track helps. The closers were dead as is the case most years. He would of been rough to catch in that race. He's not a sprinter. Fresh him up and get an easy race...like Class said.

Saratoga_Mike
06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
He had NO foundation for the Belmont.

onefast99
06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
The true definition of a sports forum. I like CC also but you won't see him until the early fall until then let's see how the connections handle SI. Carry on....