PDA

View Full Version : I went with SAMRATT

Mr G
06-07-2014, 11:33 AM
I was going to use Commanding Curve 1st and 2nd in Tri's as I did in the Derby but the more I looked at the race the more I really would like to see Chrome win it to get the Triple Crown.

So I wasn't going to wager at all and just watch hoping to see Chrome take it..

But this morning I started to look at some odds and it seems to me that Samratt was not getting much respect at all....

I am in NY and Samratt is on NY track and I like Ortiz riding so I just now placed my wagers for the Belmont.

I wheeled Samratt in 50 cent tri's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hoping for an upset with some huge payoffs and I also played him in dime super's for 4th using the 2-5-8-11 as my key horses....

I also wheeled Samratt 1st and 2nd in a Exacta wheel..( hoping for bombs away )

So Samratt is my pick for the Belmont and good luck to everyone...I have to leave the house but hope to be home in time for the race..

Go SAMRATT !!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!

Shelby
06-07-2014, 11:55 AM
My mother-in-law likes Samraat, too. She doesn't study much, but she's lucky as hell.

Northview SS
06-07-2014, 12:14 PM
I am doing the same type with G-Rod. I think he had a really bad trip in Maryland but closed big time running fast at the end. Had a super workout recently that was 4/5 faster than the next and that horse is good too.

He is a Plodder, but always keeps on. Seen him called a buddy horse, where he finds a buddy and keeps running with him. Doesn't like to pull away or fall back... That is the problem, Rosie wants this more than most..

Just worth the odds to mew. Good luck to ya..

OTM Al
06-07-2014, 12:49 PM
He's evidently finally learned to switch leads. I used him in my exacta play, but for second only under Wicked Strong

Cratos
06-07-2014, 02:53 PM
My choice for the Belmont is as follows:

Tonalist – Well-bred for this distance and his race in the Peter Pan only enhanced his status in my mind because he came off a solid pace and drew away.

Ride On Curlin – A hard knocker and going wide in the Preakness might have cost him the victory.

Commissioner – The last of the AP Indys and Todd Pletcher is “on fire” at Belmont; this could be a day for Pletcher to remember considering all of the horses he entered for all of the races.

*Samraat – This is my sleeper and he will challenge California Chrome to the 1-1/8 mile pole.

What about California Chrome? I will stick to my belief that pedigree is important for class and distance.

Therefore I don’t see this horse having either the breeding or class to win the Belmont. Yes, he did win the Ky Derby in a pedestrian time with a slow pace and uncanny racing luck. In the Preakness I wasn’t impressed with his performance albeit it was good.

Mr G
06-07-2014, 04:10 PM
I am doing the same type with G-Rod. I think he had a really bad trip in Maryland but closed big time running fast at the end. Had a super workout recently that was 4/5 faster than the next and that horse is good too.

He is a Plodder, but always keeps on. Seen him called a buddy horse, where he finds a buddy and keeps running with him. Doesn't like to pull away or fall back... That is the problem, Rosie wants this more than most..

Just worth the odds to mew. Good luck to ya..

I'm a fan of Rosie so I also did a $2.00 exacta wheel for 1st and 2nd with General a Rod.

If CC falters I would love to see Rosie take it...and then for Samratt to finish 2nd :)

Good luck!

burnsy
06-07-2014, 04:30 PM
like him too