PDA

View Full Version : Commissioner

PhantomOnTour
06-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I will be using him tomorrow in a lot of slots at hopefully huge odds, like 30-1 plus.

Looks overmatched, but (like Wicked Strong) maybe he loves it in NY. Perked up with a nice Peter Pan result, and Castellano goes here instead of General A Rod....hmmm.
By a Belmont winner out of a daughter of a Belmont winner - hoping he can just keep plugging along with that pedigree, and grind out a top three finish.
Improvement off his last can put him in the money.

Say a prayer for me :faint:

RaceBookJoe
06-07-2014, 08:11 AM
You aren't the only one using him, I have him in my list of contenders in the selections forum.

tanner12oz
06-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Horse was dead on the board for three weeks now buzzing

Tom
06-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Damn, you guys.
There go my odds! :D

Seriously, I make him a major player in here.
I bet him in the Arkansas Derby and he was in some distress that day.
The Peter Pan was not his goal, IMHO.

precocity
06-07-2014, 09:02 AM
going to box him too!!!!! :cool:

Boris
06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm on him as well. The only "Blue Blood Conspiracy" theory I can come up with is Pletcher has two horses in the race.

rastajenk
06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
A good reason to plunk a couple down on Matterhorn: looks like not much on paper, but is the lesser of two uncoupled entries by a big-time trainer in a big event. :cool:

PhantomOnTour
06-07-2014, 09:56 PM
"I love it when a plan comes together"
-George Peppard

A tough photo finish away from a very nice four figure score, but I did quite well anyway and won't complain.
Congrats to all others who were on Commissioner

Jens
06-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Great call Phantom (and everyone else who used Commissioner)! I boxed :1::9::11: and put Chrome in 3rd for my super:bang::bang: Just couldn't see Commissioner doing so well:blush:

Tom
06-07-2014, 11:03 PM
That was a perfect example of why I bet 1 unit win and 3 units place.
I eat $10 for losing a photo, but have $30 on a $23 place horse! :jump:
Covered the larger bet on notsoWicked Strong and the exactas with CC. :(
That last surge by by Tonalist was like a punch to the gut.

razorback5
06-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys for putting me on Commissioner...I moved him up in my tri to the second slot because of you!

ultracapper
06-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Did not play him, but thought he was the best horse today.

Nice pick guys, very nice.

precocity
06-08-2014, 04:43 PM
going to box him too!!!!! :cool:
DID NOT HAVE MEDAL COUNT!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

TheGarMan
06-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I was "big" on Commissioner...

When he passed in front of us, I thought he was the winner...

For the next two min. , I was doing the math.. :(

Was I the only one who thought he had it won?

Dont get me wrong, "place" and "show" money was awesome.... But "Ooooooooooo" that win money was so close! :eek: :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
06-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Announced this afternoon that Commissioner will have surgery for an ankle chip found yesterday, they hope to have him back for the Fall.

TheGarMan
06-11-2014, 04:30 PM
That last surge by by Tonalist was like a punch to the gut.

I hear ya.. :bang:

I was in on Tonalist for a decent bet...

But I was on Commissioner also at 3 X the odds....

I have never been so "conflicted" about having a "winner" :D

JustRalph
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Announced this afternoon that Commissioner will have surgery for an ankle chip found yesterday, they hope to have him back for the Fall.

That sucks......he was going to have a big chunk off money in many races this year

Wiley
06-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear he got hurt, possibly in the Belmont. Colt ran his eyeballs out Saturday, tough to wire that race. DaTara did it in the Big Brown bizarre running, before that you have to go back to Swale in 84. Hate to see any of them come out of races wrong.

Hope he makes it back, but Pletcher's record in keeping three year olds together is not good, so who knows. The fact he did not win the Belmont might help bring him back as I am sure Winstar wants to try and get a Grade 1 win before breeding.

Looks like a late bloomer pedigree wise, along the lines of Palace Malice from last year who got it together in his Belmont and has gone on nicely and Pletcher has at least kept him running and on the improve.

Not sure I agree with him being over bet in upcoming races. The Belmont has become an anomaly race and he is a grinder, nothing flashy type horse so doubtful he gets heavy play later on. Hasn't been bet a ton so far in his career at least.
I guess he did just beat a horse whose jockey says is better than Secretariat so maybe so...

no breathalyzer
10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Commissioner He's back!