PDA

View Full Version : June 5 Vet records for Belmont starters

FantasticDan
06-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Lots of inflammation across the board, not surprising. Chrome has back pain, Samraat has a low blood count - I'd be more concerned about the latter. An abrasion for Wicked Strong and arthritis issues for General A Rod...

http://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/06.05.14.BelmontStakesDayBelmontStakes.pdf

nijinski
06-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Wicked Strong was run down behind from Churchill .
I hope it's healed well for the Belmont . That's the abrasion.
you're seeing .
Chrome's back , maybe he's getting Chiropractic too ??? ouch
Don't like ROC's or Gen A Rod's .
Others are relatively routine .

But I'm not a et , lol.

Robert Fischer
06-06-2014, 03:42 AM
Thanks Dan, interesting.

I don't know Samraat's vet records for the whole week, but if he's just receiving vitamins, that's pretty cool.

rastajenk
06-06-2014, 06:40 AM
I don't see the positive value of this kind of transparency at all. Look at General A Rod, he's got arthritis and they're pumping him full of drugs just so he can run for big money for greedy owners when he clearly needs a long rest...

I think one can easily see where this can go badly when spun by those with bad intentions. And the handicapping value is about nil.

ten2oneormore
06-06-2014, 07:01 AM
And the handicapping value is about nil.

I was thinking the exact opposite.

Why would you not want to know what treatment a horse you are betting is getting?

Sure these are Belmont Stakes starters so they are relatively in good health but this information could be a goldmine when dealing with claimers.

rastajenk
06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Nah, just another dead end in the labyrinth of handicapping. Even if you know some basic vet stuff and horse science, it still wouldn't put you on to fewer losers (and thus, more winners). There could be a market for tips and touts based on such stuff, but I am confident it would be as useful, or useless, as many other angles.

KingChas
06-06-2014, 08:12 AM
I would guess they all have to put down some sort of ailment to receive medical (treatments?) of sorts.

Like getting a legal prescription... ;)

Tom
06-06-2014, 09:13 AM
he's got arthritis and they're pumping him full of drugs just so he can run for big money for greedy owners when he clearly needs a long rest...

I think one can easily see where this can go badly when spun by those with bad intentions. And the handicapping value is about nil.

We should hush this up? Sounds like it has already gone badly.

nijinski
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I would guess they all have to put down some sort of ailment to receive medical (treatments?) of sorts.

Like getting a legal prescription... ;)

That is true , they do have to justify and keep records .

That said , I hope CC doesn't really have a sore back facing a mile and a half , the training and racing schedules can do that .

Some_One
06-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I was thinking the exact opposite.

Why would you not want to know what treatment a horse you are betting is getting?

Sure these are Belmont Stakes starters so they are relatively in good health but this information could be a goldmine when dealing with claimers.

I agree, I was planning to bet General A Rod tomorrow, but given his condition, I'm not sure if he'll last the distance now.