PDA

View Full Version : Oh God no, George P. Bush.

DJofSD
06-05-2014, 11:09 PM
http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/New-generation-Bush-wows-crowd-at-GOP-convention-5531513.php

The GOP is stupid, stupid, stupid.

They're not any different than Hollywood which hasn't had an original idea for decades and can only redo ideas and roll out sequels.

Toffler taught us decades ago the rate of change accelerates. But apparently the GOP believes they're immune to the stuff.

Tom
06-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Time for Alvin to do the sequel......GOP SHOCK!
Or, FUTURE BLEAK

DJofSD
06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
I had to do a reread, Tom.

First time I read squeal and thought about "Deliverance." Those GOP power brokers need to take a rafting trip.

Ya, I know -- how in the heck do you go from this to that. Don't worry about it, I think it's my brain running on late afternoon coffee.

Clocker
06-06-2014, 12:51 AM
http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/New-generation-Bush-wows-crowd-at-GOP-convention-5531513.php

The GOP is stupid, stupid, stupid.

They're not any different than Hollywood which hasn't had an original idea for decades and can only redo ideas and roll out sequels.

I'm not going to get upset yet about a next generation Bush running for local office. Let the kid put some distance between himself and "W" and establish a track record.

The greatest stupidity is talking about Jeb for president. Personally, I have not seen a lot of Jeb, but I am not impressed with what I have seen. That doesn't matter. What matters is image and public perception.

I don't care how good Jeb is, the Bush brand is still toxic. If he ran for president, he would fire up the Dem base, and he would "inspire" a lot of independents to sit out the race. Jeb certainly can't beat Hillary, and he would have a problem beating a generic Dem candidate on paper.

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Stranger things have happened. I won't discount another Bush getting into the White House.

I mean, GPB could be our first Mexican-American President...how awesome would that be?

I'd vote for him just on that alone.

Robert Goren
06-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Stranger things have happened. I won't discount another Bush getting into the White House.

I mean, GPB could be our first Mexican-American President...how awesome would that be?

I'd vote for him just on that alone. A lot of things have to change within the GOP for that to happen. But I have learned never count out a Bush.

Saratoga_Mike
06-06-2014, 12:02 PM

I'd vote for him just on that alone.

Jeb's a better bet, imo