PDA

View Full Version : What is Tradesports.com?

highnote
06-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Just got a promotional email from tradesports.com asking me to sign up for their service.

Anyone know anything about them?

classhandicapper
06-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I used to gamble there years ago.

At one time they had a horse racing section with a very unique model. The payoffs were based on a 5% take and no breakage. So generally the payoffs were WAY higher than at the track. The model had one small quirk in that the payoffs would slowly start falling if they took too much money on certain horses. I don't remember the exact formula, but it was public and not that difficult to understand. That quirk capped how much you could put on any one horse without impacting your own price. I could bet between $100-$200 on a single horse before it became an issue. They closed down the horse section after I started killing them betting to place and another guy from Paceadvantage starting killing them betting to show (we were in casual contact at the time and tended to avoid each other's action to not cause pricing issues for each other).

After they stopped taking horses I closed the account, but I think they take bets on sports, politics, reality shows, game shows, etc... I had no problem cashing out back then, but I think they are not in the US. So you may have an issue opening an account these days.

highnote
06-05-2014, 02:28 PM
I used to gamble there years ago.

At one time they had a horse racing section with a very unique model. The payoffs were based on a 5% take and no breakage. So generally the payoffs were WAY higher than at the track. The model had one small quirk in that the payoffs would slowly start falling if they took too much money on certain horses. I don't remember the exact formula, but it was public and not that difficult to understand. That quirk capped how much you could put on any one horse without impacting your own price. I could bet between $100-$200 on a single horse before it became an issue. They closed down the horse section after I started killing them betting to place and another guy from Paceadvantage starting killing them betting to show (we were in casual contact at the time and tended to avoid each other's action to not cause pricing issues for each other).

After they stopped taking horses I closed the account, but I think they take bets on sports, politics, reality shows, game shows, etc... I had no problem cashing out back then, but I think they are not in the US. So you may have an issue opening an account these days.

Thanks for the info.