PDA

View Full Version : Why IS Jerry Bailey on WIMBLETON?!!!

Tuffmug
04-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Fellow degenerates, ask yourself that question as you look CLOSELY at the replay of the Santa Anita Derby. Further, ponder the mystery of why the reputed pre-eminent stakes jockey of today (who is rumored to be considering retirement at the end of the season) chooses to ride a horse he hasn't even ridden before (instead of Read the Footnotes, Quintons Goldrush, or virtually half the field of entrants who would lick his boots clean of moldy and purtifying horse dung if he would dane to favor them with a ride) in what may be his final Kentucky Derby!
Was this world class jockey really at LA Derby DAY at Fairgrounds ONLY to ride a very weak second stringer for Todd Pletcher in the Derby and two cheap claiming races for another trainer?

Further, ask yourself what other current Trainer other than Bob Baffert has come so close so often to the Holy Grail- the Triple Crown. Can't you feel the burning desire which must reside inside Mr. B to taste that prize! Can't you feel the resolve that has been building within him. Haven't you noticed how QUIET he has been lately????

If you answer the questions as I have you will be betting with both hands come Derby Day and Preakness Day and Belmont Day!

I love his board! This is my present to it. Psst! Don't pass it on.

Speed Figure
04-22-2004, 02:24 AM
If he can ride Talk Is Money in 2001 at 50/1 & Castle Gandolfo in 2002 at 20/1. I guess Wimbleton looks alright?

blind squirrel
04-22-2004, 06:35 AM
he rode CHARISMATIC in the LEXINGTON...got off.
jockeys....not the best handicappers!

Valuist
04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Given his choices, who would you take? Read the Footnotes is coming off a layoff and is suspect beyond 1 1/16 miles, the stars aligned right for Quinton's Gold Rush to get a good trip in the Lexington, which on paper, had a ton of speed in it. Wimbledon has beaten a few decent horses in Borrego, Pollard's Vision and Fire Slam. He also was making a big move in the SA Derby before he flattened out in the stretch. Given the choices, I think Anderson made the right choice.

OTM Al
04-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Its not that Wimbledon is his first choice though, that is Eddington. Wimbledon was probably the only one he could sign with conditional on dropping if Eddington makes it in.