PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Thursday, June 5, 2014

Teach
06-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Race One: :7: Lemon And Honey. I'm rapturizing over this Lemon Drop Kid-bred filly in the opener. Deservedly, a nearly even-money ML fave. I believe the filly moves up measurably on a wet Belmont Park surface. All it will take is Luis Saez's proper handling to put this horse in the winner's circle. Saez must time his move perfectly - preferably at or just before they reach the top of the stretch. No one on the front-end should be allowed to get loose, or it'll be bridesmaid time.

Also: :1: Jen's Miracle; :3: Gold Potion; :2: Please No Emails

Race Two: :5: Samuels Blond Lady Off the turf and on to the main track in this claiming maiden route. This lightly-raced Saint Ballado-bred mare looks like she's yearning to go an added distance of ground. She showed a good turn of foot in her last on a wet track in a closing effort in a dirt sprint. All that appears necessary is a smooth trip by pilot Pedro Rodriguez to guide this distaffer home under the wire first.

Also: :3: Bi Light Of Day; :2: Under Scrutiny; :1: Legally Bay

Race Three :4: The Rhythmisright should take quite well to the off-going. Solid wet-track breeding on sire's side. The services of Jose Ortiz should help, as does the training skills of Mike Hushion. Should be out and going. The half-panel turn-back should help.

Also: :1: Ground Force; :2: Be Shanny; :5: Carolinian

Race Four :9: Hot On Ice got mauled at the break in her last and immediately lost all chance of competing against better. This 3-year old Dixieland Ban-bred filly has decent wet-track breeding. She should benefit from her outside post. She's also dropping two classes. Has blinkers off and is adding Lasix. Decent recent works. She may be "the sleeper" here. Watch the tote.

Also: :3: Benny's Bullet; :4: Cajun Wedding; :8: Nurse Stone

Race Five: Saichi Sweepin gets my nod in this NY State-Bred claiming sprint. The 5-year old mare has won nearly half her lifetime races. Should benefit from the wet track. Has hit the tote in half her wet-track lifetime starts. Class drop; high percentage jockey could very well translate into a trip to the winner's circle.

Also: :3: Downtown Hottie; :4: Big House; :8: Lady Candidate

Race Six: :1a: Bluegrass Flash will draw in from the MTOs and should go off as the fave in this maiden special route originally scheduled for the turf. He draws outside. I believe that will help, as will the services of "El Dominicano," Jo-el Rosario. All the appears necessary is a smooth, uneventful trip.

Also: :11: A Marked Man; :15: Raffies Bay; :14: Stardom

Race Seven: :10: The Ogermeister is my medium longshot try in this NY State-Bred Allowance sprint. I like this gelding's wet-track breeding and his connections: Wesley Ward and John Velasquez. The horse has been ambitiously entered in some prestigious races in the past and now appears to have found a spot in which can prevail since he broke his maiden at first asking last spring here at Belmont.

Also: :2: Station Chief; :1: Doctor Dempsey; :7: No Its Not

Race Eight :3: Equilateral looks like the horse to beat here. Broke her maiden at first asking. Solid wet-track breeding, e.g., Arch, Kris S. Jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. in the irons for trainer Bob Ribaudo. Solid recent three furlong work signals readiness.

Also: :4: Aqua Regia; :5: Sabbatical; :6: Rock Me Mama

Race Nine: :4: Make Your Point looks like the horse to beat here. Don't expect much value and, I might express, there is a gnawing feeling of vulnerability; yet if all goes according to Hoyle, this 3-year old Mr Prospector-bred filly should prevail. Trainer Phil Serpe must "get off the schneid" to record his first meet win (winless in fifteen tries).

Also: :10: Funky Munky Fever; :6: Josie's Prospect; :8: Luna Brava