PDA

View Full Version : wicked strong, draw....

boys at tosconova
06-05-2014, 12:43 AM
jerken's didn't seem to confident at all...almost to the point where his talking and mannerisms suggested "why can't we get a break",..all the while he was saying it was okay in the interview..

http://www.hrtv.com/videos/?VideoCategoryId=2&VideoId=8JNG+1djZ5KsvyGTBfktxPQAE5rhUNj6h5tcXtpwb/E=

ILovetheInner
06-05-2014, 01:40 AM
The Jerkens men tend to mumble and look itchy in their general affect when interviewed. I don't think he's thrilled with the draw, but I wouldn't read too much into his mannerisms. That's just Jimmy ;)

BlueChip@DRF
06-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Maybe that's his poker face.

depalma113
06-05-2014, 08:19 AM
It's a mile and a half and trainers are worried about the post position. More like they are preparing their connections for the drubbing they are going to take Saturday.

SecretAgentMan
06-05-2014, 08:38 AM
It's a mile and a half and trainers are worried about the post position. More like they are preparing their connections for the drubbing they are going to take Saturday.

^^^^^

This.......saw a Bafferr interview where the commentator asked Baffert if he had a horse to put in the Belmont & he said, "I wouldn't put a horse up against California Chrome, he's just too good, the horse is unbelievably good & I'm just enjoying the ride, why would I this one of my horses up against that?"

LoL........Baffert knows these other horses are running for 2nd..........

precocity
06-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I THINK WICKED STRONG HAS A GOOD CHANCE IN THE BELMONT? JUST SAYING... :cool:

burnsy
06-05-2014, 08:56 AM
^^^^^

This.......saw a Bafferr interview where the commentator asked Baffert if he had a horse to put in the Belmont & he said, "I wouldn't put a horse up against California Chrome, he's just too good, the horse is unbelievably good & I'm just enjoying the ride, why would I this one of my horses up against that?"

LoL........Baffert knows these other horses are running for 2nd..........

That's the difference between Baffert and a Jerkens. Some like talking, some don't. He does not have a Belmont horse this year and his 3yo flopped. I'm sure hes out cause hes scared of this horse. He gives them the crap they want to hear. With a smile. If he had WS he would be running. Oh yeah, the Jerkens have never taken down horses like this...........that's for sure.. :rolleyes:

boys at tosconova
06-05-2014, 11:10 AM
not that wicked can;t run big in here, but i would've liked to have seen a more confident trainer speaking about his horse than the wishy washy one we got.

BlueChip@DRF
06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
not that wicked can;t run big in here, but i would've liked to have seen a more confident trainer speaking about his horse than the wishy washy one we got.

Trainers have been known to be wrong.

Robert Fischer
06-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Everyone wants post 5, but Jerkens is extremely confident. Wicked Strong is in the best condition of his life. The question is whether or not he will flatten out at this distance.

Valuist
06-05-2014, 11:22 AM
I couldn't care less about what the trainer said, or what post he drew. We know this; it can't be as bad as it was in the Derby. The 19 hole was horrible as Wicked Strong got hung out very wide on the first turn. Then in the stretch he gets body slammed by Danza. What a joke there was no inquiry. He's more rested than Chrome. He's going to really make Chrome work.

boys at tosconova
06-05-2014, 11:37 AM
I couldn't care less about what the trainer said, or what post he drew. We know this; it can't be as bad as it was in the Derby. The 19 hole was horrible as Wicked Strong got hung out very wide on the first turn. Then in the stretch he gets body slammed by Danza. What a joke there was no inquiry. He's more rested than Chrome. He's going to really make Chrome work.

he ran better in the derby than i though w/ the trip..and even w/ the outside post here, he should be better...,..him or tonalist can win the race..both of theses are prolly better than ROC and the curve

SecretAgentMan
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Its a cold exacta ......Wicked Strong won't catch Chrome. Just like Delgado said after a gallop couple of days ago when he returned to Alan Sherman, the other horses are running for 2nd ....lol!

Cold Exacta......#2 Chrome over #9 Wicked Strong

depalma113
06-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Her nearly wrecked Candy Boy in that first turn, so if there was an inquiry, he would have been placed much father back.

ultracapper
06-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Its a cold exacta ......Wicked Strong won't catch Chrome. Just like Delgado said after a gallop couple of days ago when he returned to Alan Sherman, the other horses are running for 2nd ....lol!

Cold Exacta......#2 Chrome over #9 Wicked Strong

I think my ticket will look like yours.

BlueChip@DRF
06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
So many jumping on Wicked Strong bandwagon….. Hmmmm…..

ultracapper
06-05-2014, 05:34 PM
He looked so promising come out of the Wood.

letswastemoney
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
On form, Wicked Strong isn't better than Chrome. Based on potential for 12 furlongs and value though, Wicked Strong is better on those two points. Those are the reasons to use him on top, and very good ones.