PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Teach
06-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Race One: :6: Inmyfathersimage emerges as my upset try in Wednesday's opener. This well-bred chestnut gelding cuts back two panels from his last start in which he was claimed by trainer Yvon Belsoeur for Bruno Schickendanz. This gelding should benefit from his outside post. He will be closing. Does he have enough real estate. At the wire...

Also: :5: Handy Stan; :1: Make A Fortune; :3: Boss of Me

Race Two: :8: The Frood Dude. I'm looking for "the bomb" in all the right places. Should be a price. Solid turf pedigree, especially on sire's side, e.g., Freud. Is making first turf start, that can make all the difference in the world. Dropping in class. Dam had four winners from five starters. Bruce Brown having an excellent meet.

Also: :2: The Mooche; :10: Giant Jo; :4: Shipwrecked

Race Three :1: Ghost Hunter looks like the solid choice in this claiming route. If ready, this Ghostzapper-bred gelding should prevail. Candidly, I'm a bit mystified by this gelding's drop into the selling ranks. Again, any semblance of his ability as shown against tougher should allow him to prevail here.

Also: :2: Muscles Marinara; :6: Ice Wagon; :7: Missile Nick.

Race Four: :1: Rantos New York stretches out in a claiming turf route. Showed little in his last in a turf sprint. Chance to make amends over a distance of ground. The solid Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons for Rudy Rodriguez.

Also: :10: Wake Up And Go; :5: Born In Brooklyn (as was "the lunts'man," Art Sherman); :4: Mineral Water

Race Five: :6: American Creed is my pick in this NW2 Allowance. The Fappiano-bred colt has been either first or second in his last three. In his current solid form... He cuts back a panel; that should help.

Also: :3: Captain Toews; :2: Jackson N Lorimer; :4: Spango

Race Six: :2: Le Deluge (Apres Moi) is my pick in this claiming turf route. This well-named Louis Quatorze-bred gelding can prevail in present company. A solid jock in Jose Ortiz; a solid trainer in Chad Brown.

Also: :1: Horvat Clan; :5: Sleepless Knight; :3: Precious Metal

Race Seven: :5: Huge Asset is my choice to spring the upset in this claiming route-race on the grass. This Freud-bred gelding was last seen on the racetrack finishing third in an ungraded NY state-bred stakes. Although the gelding has been off for nearly a year, he's still capable of winning in this company.

Also: :1: Ducks Dock; :7: Bold Forest; :9: Lead Singer

Race Eight: :1: Tiznowforamerica was overmatched in his last two, last fall, the Nashua and Breeders Futurity. Now, in this company, at this distance. Voila! Solid chance to win if reasonably ready.

Also: :5: Rock Fall; :4: Real Estate Rich; :6: American Progress

Race Nine: :10: Accomplish First is my selection in this one mile allowance race. This Unbridled's Song-bred filly can make it three in a row. Should benefit from outside post and the services of John Velazquez.

Also: :1: Saythreehailmary's; :2: Maxana; :5: Thatza Wrap

dannyhill
06-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Race 2 #:4: Shipwrecked 6/1 Mugged at the start last time then made a solid 3-4 wide move on the turn in a race that held together on the front end.
Much better than debut on turf appears.

dannyhill
06-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Race 2 #:4: Shipwrecked 6/1 Mugged at the start last time then made a solid 3-4 wide move on the turn in a race that held together on the front end.
Much better than debut on turf appears.
Eased

dannyhill
06-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I get the dumbo award for the day. Thought the chalks were vulnerable in
Belmont Race 4. I use the :3: and box :3:-:1: :3:-:8: and Tri's with the 3 first and second only over 5 horses.
:8:-:1:-:3: paying $2000 for a deuce.

The Spaniard
06-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Hello prof.!

R5:

First time sprinting over a sound surface :2: JACKSON N LORIMER ran super and now makes his debut for a better trainer.

win/show

NP wrong

The Spaniard
06-04-2014, 03:51 PM
R6:

:5: SLEEPLESS NIGHT may have found his actual level and his penultimate work (59.4, second best) says he remains fit and ready. Similar trip than last time.

NP