PDA

View Full Version : NBC Extended Coverage

PICSIX
06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Set your DVR's :ThmbUp:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85346/nbc-sports-increases-belmont-stakes-coverage?source=rss

SansuiSC
06-02-2014, 10:15 PM
That explains the "memo" that was in the press pass package. It's from NBC and in a nutshell it say we have rights to everything. Extreme guidelines as to what any other media outlet can do and for how long.

Al Gobbi
06-03-2014, 11:45 AM
here is the detailed schedule for live coverage (all times eastern)

Fri., June 6 5 p.m. Belmont Gold Cup Invitational and True North Stakes NBCSN
Sat., June 7 2:30 p.m. Ogden Phipps Stakes, TVG Acorn Stakes and Longines Just A Game Stakes NBCSN
Sat., June 7 4:30 p.m. Belmont Stakes, Metropolitan Handicap and Knob Creek Manhattan Stakes NBC
Sat., June 7 7:15 p.m. Belmont Recap NBCSN

SandyLoam
06-03-2014, 12:09 PM
We can only hope they actually SHOW the undercard races.

Tom
06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Gonna see a lot of hats.
A lot of hats.

ArlJim78
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
We can only hope they actually SHOW the undercard races.
What a radical concept.

clocker7
06-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Gonna see a lot of hats.
A lot of hats.
Excellent!! It is one of the crucial elements that racing needs at the moment. Fantastic publicity.

The sport was never healthier than when it was considered an edgy showplace of fashion and cachet. OTOH, it became vulnerable when it was seen solely as the den of degenerate gamblers, and was even banned for being so.

After the Civil War, when the center of gravity shifted from the South to the North, having flashy females attend was a huge plus for courses in the traditionally staid, more puritanical Union states. Just about every newspaper story dwelled upon the celebrities and fashionable people that attended, giving them reams of coverage before the recounting of the actual races. Here is one example--I could post thousands of similar ones.

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1869-08-06/ed-1/seq-8/#date1=08%2F06%2F1869&index=1&date2=08%2F06%2F1869&searchType=advanced&language=&sequence=0&words=beauty&proxdistance=5&state=New+York&rows=20&ortext=&proxtext=&phrasetext=beauty&andtext=&dateFilterType=range&page=1

It worked then. It worked 80 years later at SA and Hol, whenever the stars turned out. If more places could upgrade and attract newbies to racetracks (like Vegas does daily with glitz) then the sport stands a fighting chance.

Bring on the hats ... woohooooo!!!

ArlJim78
06-03-2014, 03:18 PM
guys will scoff about things like the hats, but I hear ladies talking about it, how when they go to the races they want to dress up and most of all, have a chance to wear a fancy hat. that is why I think its a terrific idea to have that team of ice skater commentators, Johnny and Tara, prominent on these broadcasts. again hardened players like most of us can do without it, but it reaches a whole nother demographic.

Redboard
06-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Dissapointed they're not showing the pp draw live on Wednesday. Interview acouple trainers, get some buzz going.

SandyLoam
06-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I believe TVG will have that.

Longshot6977
06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
guys will scoff about things like the hats, but I hear ladies talking about it, how when they go to the races they want to dress up and most of all, have a chance to wear a fancy hat. that is why I think its a terrific idea to have that team of ice skater commentators, Johnny and Tara, prominent on these broadcasts. again hardened players like most of us can do without it, but it reaches a whole nother demographic.

I hear what you're saying Jim, BUT WHEN they go to the races is a key point. Maybe 1 or 2 days per year. And who knows if they just bet a few bucks each day. And you went way too far with that Johnny and Tara comment about it being a terrific idea, LOL. What other demographic are you shooting for here? Come on dude, tell us how you really feel. :)

ArlJim78
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I hear what you're saying Jim, BUT WHEN they go to the races is a key point. Maybe 1 or 2 days per year. And who knows if they just bet a few bucks each day. And you went way too far with that Johnny and Tara comment about it being a terrific idea, LOL. What other demographic are you shooting for here? Come on dude, tell us how you really feel. :)
I already told you how I really feel, the Johnny and Tara thing works from a marketing standpoint. their Olympic numbers were very good and I believe ratings for the Derby and Preakness have been exceptional, not only due to them of course but they are a thing now. the demographic is young people who never thought of going to the track as a hip cool thing, a place to see and be seen. there are way more of them then there are of us diehards.

If you get girls to actually want to go then they'll drag guys there, or guys will go to see the girls, and pretty soon everyone is spending money at the track. if its fun they will do it every so often. it works in Australia.

Tom
06-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I think the draw is live on either TVG or NBC sports.
There is going to a hat preview as well, while they draw the first 6 pills.

Redboard
06-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Website says that the draw will only be shown live via streaming here:

http://www.belmontstakes.com/livestream/

At 11am.

soupman2
06-04-2014, 07:29 AM
I already told you how I really feel, the Johnny and Tara thing works from a marketing standpoint. their Olympic numbers were very good and I believe ratings for the Derby and Preakness have been exceptional, not only due to them of course but they are a thing now. the demographic is young people who never thought of going to the track as a hip cool thing, a place to see and be seen. there are way more of them then there are of us diehards.

If you get girls to actually want to go then they'll drag guys there, or guys will go to see the girls, and pretty soon everyone is spending money at the track. if its fun they will do it every so often. it works in Australia.

Then they will have to use the ladies room and all you will hear is "ewwwwwww"! Then it will be back to 60 year olds stooping tickets, crazy guys with missing teeth, and the king of the handicappers that is still driving a 1974 Caddie.

davew
06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Website says that the draw will only be shown live via streaming here:

http://www.belmontstakes.com/livestream/

At 11am.

the stream shows them setting up now. Andy is practicing...