PDA

View Full Version : Tioga condition question ....

Not4Love
06-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Can someone explain the Miracle Mile condition at Tioga. What is the difference between the miracle 1 vs. Miracle 2? Thanks

cmp92
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm curious about this too. I looked at the condition sheet and it said "ABC like system. So, I'm guessing this is similar to the system used at the Meadowlands.

http://tiogadowns.com/media/racing/condsheet.pdf

Not4Love
06-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Ok. Well that helps. Thanks.

cmp92
06-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Ok. Well that helps. Thanks.
Just by watching the first few races at Tioga, I think it is an attempt to help create more competitive races and hopefully higher payouts for bettors.

Ray2000
06-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Miracle Mile (ABC-like system) different purse levels

It gives all 'power and glory' to the race secretary, (Jason Bluhm) to make the best competitive races out of the drop-ins.
My question is ... Can a trainer pull out if put in a higher MM than he thinks he belongs, and not be fined? :confused:

Tioga condition sheet for next week
http://www.tiogadowns.com/media/racing/condsheet.pdf

LottaKash
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
That's it Ray, "the power and glory to the race-sec".....:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

I don't care for it, one bit....:mad:

Takes a lot of "class-angles" out of play, for me at least...

And, I notice that this is going on all over the place now, as if someone gave the tracks this official "kiss of approval" on this ABC, 123 crap...It seems to be the trend now, for tracks to make this switch...

Hey tracks, this is one player that says it "stinks"...!!!...:mad: ..change it back..!

Not4Love
06-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I sure didn't like the card today at tioga. I watched about 60% of it and it seems like it was all favorites. At the meadowlands I love the A,b,c condition and seem to find decent payouts. So if it is exactly the same approach, I would say the racing secretary at Tioga has to make some improvements. This is all subjective but for some reason the meadowlands conditions races are more appealing.

imofe
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
That's it Ray, "the power and glory to the race-sec".....:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

I don't care for it, one bit....:mad:

Takes a lot of "class-angles" out of play, for me at least...

And, I notice that this is going on all over the place now, as if someone gave the tracks this official "kiss of approval" on this ABC, 123 crap...It seems to be the trend now, for tracks to make this switch...

Hey tracks, this is one player that says it "stinks"...!!!...:mad: ..change it back..!

I agree 100%. Almost completely ignore the Meadowlands because of it.

cmp92
06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I sure didn't like the card today at tioga. I watched about 60% of it and it seems like it was all favorites. At the meadowlands I love the A,b,c condition and seem to find decent payouts. So if it is exactly the same approach, I would say the racing secretary at Tioga has to make some improvements. This is all subjective but for some reason the meadowlands conditions races are more appealing.
They did have the NYSS and Excelsior in town, which had a couple favorites win.

pokerwhzkid
06-21-2014, 02:49 PM
main problem is everything depends on how good your racing secretary is. If the racing secretary can't class these horses right you get left with major favorites all night. Which has been the problem at tioga downs since they started this system.