PDA

View Full Version : Social Inclusion works fast....

onefast99
06-01-2014, 08:29 AM
3f 33.55 that's fast. Looks as if SI is doing quite well.

PhantomOnTour
06-01-2014, 09:00 AM
3f 33.55 that's fast. Looks as if SI is doing quite well.
For a 12f race?
We know he has speed - the quickest in the race - but that work would scare me more than excite me if I am a SI fan.
He needs to get a distance of ground, and :33 & change workouts aren't the way to accomplish that.

Robert Goren
06-01-2014, 09:00 AM
I keep hoping his connections will shorten this horse up before they ruin him by trying him in distances in which he has no chance. He looks to me to be the best dirt miler to come out in several years. He might get a mile and an eight in a weak grade 1 race some day, but that is his limit. He should run in races from 7F to 1mile and 1/16. I doubt if he can be beaten at those distances except in a fluke race.

Robert Fischer
06-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Could be a good work. Hard to know.

1 week until the race. At this point he needs to do whatever will have him in peak health/condition for Saturday. No time to develop stamina. As an added bonus it could help establish the early lead.

Lot's of ways to look at things.

depalma113
06-01-2014, 10:06 AM
He looked pretty whipped walking the shed row.

jk3521
06-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but might be a "head case" ! Wouldn't bet him in the win slot.

Rex Phinney
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I would love to see this horse in the Woody Stephens or even the Met Mile. I would put my money behind the horse in either of those

onefast99
06-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I would love to see this horse in the Woody Stephens or even the Met Mile. I would put my money behind the horse in either of those
At this point they threw the towel in and are going for the big $. I also think the met would have been his best choice.

Relwob Owner
06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
At this point they threw the towel in and are going for the big $. I also think the met would have been his best choice.

I just heard on TVG that they are deciding tomorrow and it seemed like they heard they are leaning away from the Belmont. Is this the case?

classhandicapper
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM
The work looked more like it was meant to prepare for him the Woody Stephens, but I'm not entirely convinced the connections are competent. So who knows.

Relwob Owner
06-01-2014, 04:01 PM
The work looked more like it was meant to prepare for him the Woody Stephens, but I'm not entirely convinced the connections are competent. So who knows.

I agree on all counts

onefast99
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
I just heard on TVG that they are deciding tomorrow and it seemed like they heard they are leaning away from the Belmont. Is this the case?
No news as of today. How's Charlestown treating you?

Relwob Owner
06-01-2014, 04:11 PM
No news as of today. How's Charlestown treating you?

All is good up at CT....not much changes up there!

TheEdge07
06-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Last horse to work 33 for 3f before the Belmont won by daylight...

Risen Star

SS isnt in the same atmosphere as RS

Robert Goren
06-01-2014, 06:01 PM
The work looked more like it was meant to prepare for him the Woody Stephens, but I'm not entirely convinced the connections are competent. So who knows. The connections have/had dreams of a triple crown race win after 2 races. That kind of dream is hard to give up.

FlyinLate
06-01-2014, 07:21 PM

How do people believe the met mile is his best option? So he can get rolled by Palace Malice? The woody is the only chance this horse sees my money.

onefast99
06-01-2014, 09:09 PM
All is good up at CT....not much changes up there!
Back to Mtnr in 2 weeks with Algeiba. Tried PID it wasn't for us.

onefast99
06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Social Inclusion, third in the Preakness, sizzled in a Saturday workout at Belmont Park, with his owner, Ronald Sanchez, saying a final decision on whether he competes in the Belmont Stakes or Grade 2 Woody Stephens to be made later today and announced tomorrow.

NYRA clockers credited Social Inclusion with a three-furlong breeze in 33.55 seconds and caught him galloping out a half-mile in :45 2/5, five-eighths in :58, and six furlongs in 1:09 4/5.

"We weren't expecting him to go that fast," said Sanchez. "The horse was real good. The track was lightning fast, and that was the best gallop out he's ever had. He showed them this morning how good he is feeling."

Social Inclusion, who is trained by Manuel Azpurua, easily won his first two races before finishing third in both the Grade 1 TwinSpires.com Wood Memorial in April and in the Preakness.

Rex Phinney
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Were they working him three furlongs and he galloped out 6 furlongs in 1:09???

This begs so many questions:

1. Why would they work him 3 furlongs again?
2. What were they expecting him to run? The owner is saying he went faster than they thought he would, this tells me the horse is still equal to a wild stallion being saddled and taken into the gate.

This work may have been fast but it tells me to expect nothing different from the Preakness, the horse is fast, but he needs a race over a distance he can just bolt from the gate and run the others off their feet, at this point he doesn't have the manners or seasoning for anything else.

SecretAgentMan
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Were they working him three furlongs and he galloped out 6 furlongs in 1:09???

This begs so many questions:

1. Why would they work him 3 furlongs again?
2. What were they expecting him to run? The owner is saying he went faster than they thought he would, this tells me the horse is still equal to a wild stallion being saddled and taken into the gate.

This work may have been fast but it tells me to expect nothing different from the Preakness, the horse is fast, but he needs a race over a distance he can just bolt from the gate and run the others off their feet, at this point he doesn't have the manners or seasoning for anything else.

1) this horse needs a new trainer

2) nothing this horse does is equal to what the trainer seems to want to see.......they keep working him 3f, lmao........he's better off in a mile race because he's wild & unseasoned.

boys at tosconova
06-01-2014, 11:18 PM
that is fast. but he had short quick works for the preakness as well. only to not argue the pace and run evenly. he basically fortunate to hold on to 3rd.

now i hear they want to keep him calm and school him more..and contrary to any fast works, that doesn't translate into any aggressive early speed. at least for this race....i mean c'mon...where was the speed burst in the preakness.....it wasn't there, and it was suppose to be

onefast99
06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
that is fast. but he had short quick works for the preakness as well. only to not argue the pace and run evenly. he basically fortunate to hold on to 3rd.

now i hear they want to keep him calm and school him more..and contrary to any fast works, that doesn't translate into any aggressive early speed. at least for this race....i mean c'mon...where was the speed burst in the preakness.....it wasn't there, and it was suppose to be
He hit the gate in the Preakness he left 3 lengths right there. He was also unruly during the load and fractious in the gate. A direct result of being too keyed up by how the trainer worked him.

classhandicapper
06-02-2014, 09:08 AM
How do people believe the met mile is his best option? So he can get rolled by Palace Malice? The woody is the only chance this horse sees my money.

I agree.

He may be a miler, but that's a really tough Met field. I'd rather take my chances in the Woody Stephens.

Mystic
06-02-2014, 09:09 AM
They've decided to skip the Belmont and go the the "Woody Stephens" instead. Did not do well at all schooling in the gate this morning.

tanner12oz
06-02-2014, 10:05 AM
good call from the connections...think this helps chromeo too

onefast99
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Sanchez said he was disappointed with the development on Monday of Belmont week, noting that the first time Social Inclusion went into the gate he was fine, but was fractious on the second visit to the starting gate.

The Belmont Park gate crew directed that Social Inclusion return to the gate on Wednesday, June 4, and Sanchez said the final decision on the colt's status would be made at that time. He also said he is leaning 70-30 toward the Woody Stephens.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85431/no-belmont-decision-on-social-inclusion#ixzz33Ue0RPUW

Valuist
06-02-2014, 11:01 AM
What will he be, 1-2 in the Woody Stephens?

ArlJim78
06-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't get why they are connecting the gate schooling with the decision on which race to run him in. Don't all races use gates?

letswastemoney
06-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't get why they are connecting the gate schooling with the decision on which race to run him in. Don't all races use gates?
The Woody Stephens starts away from the crowd, so they are reasoning less chance to throw a fit on the far side.

ArlJim78
06-02-2014, 01:13 PM
The Woody Stephens starts away from the crowd, so they are reasoning less chance to throw a fit on the far side.
Really? Was there a big crowd this morning when he had trouble with his gate schooling?

letswastemoney
06-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Really? Was there a big crowd this morning when he had trouble with his gate schooling?
Probably not. I'm not saying I agree with the logic either.

If you liked a closer in the Belmont Stakes, then Social Inclusion's loss will hurt.