PDA

View Full Version : Shinseki and Jay Carney are gone.

Clocker
05-30-2014, 02:26 PM
To pursue other interests? Spend more time with the family?

Stories (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/podium-shuffle-carney-resigns-white-house-press-secretary-n118686)

Mike at A+
05-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Shinseki was thrown under the 0bama bus.

Paid liar Carney got tired of seeing his reflection in the mirror.

Clocker
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Paid liar Carney

To be good in that job, you have to enjoy spinning the facts and screwing with the press. Baghdad Bob was good at it. Carney always looks like he would rather be most any place else. He always looked uncomfortable, like a mediocre actor who hadn't learned his lines well.

I'm sure he will end up much better off, working for a big Dem lobbying firm and eventually writing a book.

elysiantraveller
05-30-2014, 06:21 PM
To be good in that job, you have to enjoy spinning the facts and screwing with the press. Baghdad Bob was good at it. Carney always looks like he would rather be most any place else. He always looked uncomfortable, like a mediocre actor who hadn't learned his lines well.

I'm sure he will end up much better off, working for a big Dem lobbying firm and eventually writing a book.
I think Carney was very good.

johnhannibalsmith
05-30-2014, 06:31 PM
They should just scrap the position completely. Totally useless. Get the press together to ask easy questions with boring canned answers or tough questions with boring canned answers. The only way to decipher an actual answer is to guesstimate the veracity of the bullshit being offered. Maybe I'm just more of a curmudgeon than ever, but I don't even quite understand why anyone shows up for these exercises in daily nothingness.

Clocker
05-30-2014, 06:49 PM
George Will says that the job description for the position is being an intellectual sociopath.

I think Carney just wasn't quite crazy enough. And it bothered him. :p

JustRalph
05-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't buy that he told Obama a month ago he was leaving.

His body language the last few weeks has been terrible. I noticed the other day he was looking really bad.

He bailed this week. Had enough. He has been seriously pinned down on a few issues lately. He knows what's coming. The last 18 months or so of Obama will be terrible in that job

Tom
05-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Reminds me of the Nixon White House, as the truth came out, the rats jumped ship. Gotta feel sorry for Carney - having lie like that when even the lame stream media know it was a lie. Obummy was the one who believed him! :lol:

Greyfox
05-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Shinseki was thrown under the 0bama bus.

Sinseki was clearly incompetent, and I suspect any interim replacement from within the VA will also be lacking.

Robert Goren
05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Sinseki was clearly incompetent, and I suspect any interim replacement from within the VA will also be lacking.Retired generals do not make good administrators. Putting retired officers in the VA has never worked very well, but every president does it.

Clocker
05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
His body language the last few weeks has been terrible. I noticed the other day he was looking really bad.

It has been noticeable for some months now. More and more, he has appeared to be going through the motions without conveying conviction about what he was saying.

In hind-sight, he has been acting like a short-timer. The only question is was he a short-timer by choice, or was he reading which way the winds were blowing.

tucker6
05-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Sinseki was clearly incompetent, and I suspect any interim replacement from within the VA will also be lacking.
It is Shinseki according to all news outlets.

Clocker
05-31-2014, 01:44 AM
I wonder if Obama has heard about these resignations via CNN or other sources yet?

NJ Stinks
05-31-2014, 02:13 AM
I don't buy that he told Obama a month ago he was leaving.

He bailed this week. Had enough. He has been seriously pinned down on a few issues lately. He knows what's coming. The last 18 months or so of Obama will be terrible in that job

Ralph, you don't have to tell us you're not buying. It's assumed. Just tell us when you are buying anything Obama-like.

The guy had a job - that probably starts to seem like one big pain in the ass quickly - for 40 long months. But if it makes you feel better to think he left because he knows what's coming, good luck with that.

JustRalph
05-31-2014, 03:05 AM
Ralph, you don't have to tell us you're not buying. It's assumed. Just tell us when you are buying anything Obama-like.

The guy had a job - that probably starts to seem like one big pain in the ass quickly - for 40 long months. But if it makes you feel better to think he left because he knows what's coming, good luck with that.

Check! :ThmbUp: