PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Downs 5/29/14

harness2008
05-29-2014, 03:24 PM
7th Race # :4: ROCK ALL NIGHT

http://66.209.93.91/racereplays/playf_llnw.php?customer=VernonDowns&t=1401390013&h=aa93620989c6f9af181faf787d213368&url=201405232054VRN8

Been waiting a week for this horse to run back. Check out the video of this horses last race run on May 23rd in the 8th race. Left from the 8 post with two others and was not able to clear either to the first turn. One of the other two leavers which went off at 70-1 was parked on the turn 2 wide, leaving Rock All Night in the 3 path the entire first turn. Was nose and nose with the eventual winner to the half and still unable to clear either horse inside leaving him stuck 3 wide to the 2nd turn.

By the time the stretch arrived was still 2 wide and had nothing left in large part to the trip as well as the quick early fractions which left this horse with no chance in the lane. Ended up being beaten 15 lengths, lost a ton of ground being parked out so wide and with the early speed expenditure that this horse was forced to race against, the stretch loss of lengths can be forgiven. A classic Stanley angle working here.

Today racing in the same class and getting some post relief with the 4 post. installed as a 10-1 morning line longshot but with a better trip should be right there at a price. Nassinos also lit up the tote board with this horse back on April 25th at 44-1.

He's in against a big class dropper in the # :8: HEAVENLY WAY. Still should be a nice exacta price finishing second to this horse. I'll box these two horses, :4: and :8: , :8: and :4:

jeebus1083
05-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Nassimos floated him to the back and stayed there. Lots of form reversals last night at VD. I find it hard to beat that track.

Sea Biscuit
05-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Harness2008: Your video link did not work. I saw the replay on this link however

http://www.vernondowns.com/racing/video-results.php

Click on May 23 race 8.

Good luck.

harness2008
05-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Something was up with that horse last night. Was the last to leave, then lost contact with the field down the backside. This, on the heels of being a pace prompter in his previous race cutting a quick clip while racing outside.

I guess that's racing but I certainly didnt expect that type of performance. I'll follow one more time and see what happens. Yes Biscuit and Jeebus, a very tough track indeed to grind out a profit.

cmp92
05-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Something was up with that horse last night. Was the last to leave, then lost contact with the field down the backside. This, on the heels of being a pace prompter in his previous race cutting a quick clip while racing outside.

I guess that's racing but I certainly didnt expect that type of performance. I'll follow one more time and see what happens. Yes Biscuit and Jeebus, a very tough track indeed to grind out a profit.
I casually follow the racing at Vernon Downs and I also feel that it is tough to make a profit there. The first few weekends they were open, I did pretty well there. Caught a few horses at some prices, now those horses are getting bet down. I'll stick to playing VD on nights when they have the NYSS in town.