PDA

View Full Version : Belmont - 5/29 Race 7

PhantomOnTour
05-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Nice high end Clm race at 6f - field of eight entered.

Gonna get right to it and pick a lifetime minor award winner to do that again:
:2: Sam Sparkle can get a share at 10-1 ML, but is highly unlikely to win.
Drops today and Lezcano stays aboard, who rode him to victory the last time Sam was in for a tag, which he is today.
That race or his run on 1 Mar will be good enough to get a piece.
Wish he had a work since his last race.

HeadHeartHoof looks like lone E but he is 8yrs old now and has blown clear leads twice already in a winless campaign. Steps out of NY breds, and will have Hackleton and maybe Don Tito on his ass...no thanks.

I will use the last two above runners over Sam. Coolusive will have to beat me. Looks fast enough to win but was claimed from Jacobsen and may be going the other way.

EX: :5: :6: w :2:
TRI: :5: :6: w :2: w :1: :5: :6: :7:
WIN: :2: (just in case, and only at 8-1 or better)

PaceAdvantage
05-29-2014, 01:22 AM
If the track is dry (which it should be), the :8: is my play...and if he goes off anywhere near his morning line, he might be the value play of the day.

HuggingTheRail
05-29-2014, 01:49 AM
I like the 7, with the 4 for a longshot

tri 7 w 4 w 2,5,6,8
7 w 2,5,6,8 w 4

Robert Fischer
05-29-2014, 08:41 AM
If the track is dry (which it should be), the :8: is my play...and if he goes off anywhere near his morning line, he might be the value play of the day.

PA beat me to it. :ThmbUp:

Harvhorse
05-29-2014, 10:33 AM
My numbers are the same as yours except in this order of preference
1 , 5, 6, 2, 7
Good luck and "May the horse be with you"

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 12:03 PM

Drops today and Lezcano stays aboard, who rode him to victory the last time Sam was in for a tag, which he is today.

HeadHeartHoof looks like lone E but he is 8yrs old now and has blown clear leads twice already in a winless campaign. Steps out of NY breds, and will have Hackleton and maybe Don Tito on his ass...no thanks.

I will use the last two above runners over Sam. Coolusive will have to beat me. Looks fast enough to win but was claimed from Jacobsen and may be going the other way.

Agree with your analysis (you're in trouble) but I come away with a different projection.

The #8 clears as easy as a horse can clear but I still don't like him. As PA said, maybe at 6-1 he's worth it (I think he will go off less than 6-1).
I don't think there is enough pace for the #2 to get involved. That leaves the #5 and #6. #5 was first time Rice two back and he ran well but got beat by a loose on the lead horse who figured strongly. #6 is legit but will have to do all the work himself today. Don't like the odds (relative to the lack of pace) for the #5 or #6 but I project they run one, two.

Stillriledup
05-29-2014, 04:29 PM
SAMUEL!!!!

ldiatone
05-29-2014, 04:30 PM

wow! good selection on the :2: POT $22~ horse

Stillriledup
05-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Horrendous beat for those who needed the 7 for 3rd, not sure how the 7 lost to the 3 in a horse race, but anything can happen if you live long enough.

PhantomOnTour
05-29-2014, 04:35 PM
"What, he f***ing won !?"
-Eddie Murphy from Delirious

thank goodness I got my win odds...knew I was in good shape when Lezcano hustled him from the gate to get position.

Gotta play my longshots stronger and use them on top in exotics instead of just a win bet

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 04:36 PM

thank goodness I got my win odds...knew I was in good shape when Lezcano hustled him from the gate to get position.

Gotta play my longshots stronger and use them on top in exotics instead of just a win bet

That's why you do what you do. You're good.

Stillriledup
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM

That Lezcano, what a jock! :D

Thanks for posting this horse, i took another look at him after reading this thread and saw some really strong Beyers 3, and 6 back, so i knew the horse had it in him.

Btw, Sam Sparkle is listed as a BROWN horse....can you say "and then the big brown horse came"?? :D

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Good betting as well. Good job all around, analysis and at the windows.

Robert Fischer
05-29-2014, 04:45 PM
good call PhantomOnTour :ThmbUp:

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 04:48 PM
That Lezcano, what a jock! :D

Thanks for posting this horse, i took another look at him after reading this thread and saw some really strong Beyers 3, and 6 back, so i knew the horse had it in him.

Btw, Sam Sparkle is listed as a BROWN horse....can you say "and then the big brown horse came"?? :D

You're right. I just couldn't get a read that he would be close enough to the pace.

SRU,

You may take down the p6 by yourself.

Stillriledup
05-29-2014, 05:23 PM
You're right. I just couldn't get a read that he would be close enough to the pace.

SRU,

You may take down the p6 by yourself.

Naw, i havent bet a pick 6 in 6 months or more, but i might make a small play tomorrow at SA, you know, just for S and Giggles.

Btw, someone is alive to the 1 horse in Bel finale, not sure why. Odd.

jk3521
05-29-2014, 05:44 PM

History does repeat itself !

Tall One
05-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Btw, someone is alive to the 1 horse in Bel finale, not sure why. Odd.

:1: zoomed off on the backside, hit the top of the stretch and stopped.

The :2: , who took over the lead, almost went down straightening out, recovered from that, and still managed fourth.

:2: was pulled up quickly after hitting the wire, and you could tell something was wrong.

Nice hit, POT. :ThmbUp: