PDA

View Full Version : I forgot

lamboguy
05-28-2014, 03:11 PM
this monday i got mail from Beulah Park, it was a check for $1700. i called them up and they told me it was from a race that i had a horse in, 7 years ago that ran second.

it was nice, because the check cut down on my poor race picking losses that day.

Stillriledup
05-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Geez, 7 years of interest adds up. Maybe they owe you more than 1700. ;)

ultracapper
05-28-2014, 05:49 PM
$8500 purse. Do you remember the horse and conditions? I can see you getting the check and smiling, and saying, oh yeah, that one.

Shelby
05-28-2014, 08:18 PM
How come it took so long for them to catch this and pay you? Just curious.

thespaah
05-28-2014, 08:25 PM
I had a co-worker that had on his cubicle wall a sketch of the solar system. On the far side of Pluto was a small rectangle. The caption with an arrow pointed to the rectangle said "the check in the mail"

whodoyoulike
05-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I believe every State has an escheatment program where businesses are required to send checks and property which are unclaimed after a couple of years to the State for safekeeping for the recipients. You may want to check the website of every State you had some type of business dealings. Your experience with Beulah Park seems odd (they shouldn't have had the check this long). Also, I think you may have too much money that you're no longer able to keep track.

JustRalph
05-28-2014, 11:03 PM
I love that word for when the government gets someone else's money

Es-cheat-ment

cj
05-28-2014, 11:30 PM
I want to know how to get mail on holidays. I'm going to file a complaint with my local postman.

JustRalph
05-28-2014, 11:46 PM
I want to know how to get mail on holidays. I'm going to file a complaint with my local postman.

It's not when it's delivered, it's when you go pick it up :lol:

I walk to the box almost every day :lol: It's two doors down !

Thebigguy
05-29-2014, 12:54 AM

So you call bullshit? Personally I do. I actually contacted Beulah just out of curiosity and was told under no circumstances would it ever take 7 years to get a check out.

HuggingTheRail
05-29-2014, 01:03 AM
They may have mailed it 6 years and 10 months ago :lol:

the little guy
05-29-2014, 05:38 AM

Well, I think if the tooth fairy delivers your mail, there is holiday service.

proximity
05-29-2014, 06:32 AM

didn't Beulah just close its doors (forever) back towards the beginning of the month?

just speculating but "lambo racing" probably still had the money in an account with the horsemen's bookkeeper that the track was clearing out.

devilsbag
05-29-2014, 12:38 PM
The Post Office moved Memorial Day to Belmont Stakes day, so there is no mail delivery scheduled on Saturday, June 7.

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry but I find this thread extremely funny and entertaining.

Fact checkers for a $1,700 check? People actually spend their time fact checking these things. Perhaps, a $170,000 check would raise interest, but this is too funny. A little wager on the veracity of this episode? Whiff, what do you set the odds at - considering there is a preponderance of doubt out there odds should be offered. Not all the incidentals would have to be precise, for instance, Lambo may have received the check from someone (non USPS person) on Monday. Maybe it was a different day. But the essence would be that he indeed received a check from Beulah for $1,700 and the guarantor was not the tooth fairy.

Slow news day.

ultracapper
05-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Tooth Fairy isn't the guarantor, s/he is the delivery service. Scrolled up to do some fact checking.

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Tooth Fairy isn't the guarantor, s/he is the delivery service. Scrolled up to do some fact checking.

True. But that wasn't my bet.

HUSKER55
05-29-2014, 01:37 PM
YOU guys an gals can look a gift horse in the mouth all you want. Me....I am taking the money and running to my bank! :D

Exotic1
05-29-2014, 02:59 PM
YOU guys an gals can look a gift horse in the mouth all you want. Me....I am taking the money and running to my bank! :D

This is funny. Forget the source, just cash the check.

Stillriledup
05-29-2014, 05:01 PM
The Post Office moved Memorial Day to Belmont Stakes day, so there is no mail delivery scheduled on Saturday, June 7.

POY Candidate. Im nominating this along with Shelby's "are they going to show the Preakness" comment. :D