PDA

View Full Version : Employee performance reviews are discriminatory

Clocker
05-27-2014, 01:37 AM
In the latest example of the government penchant for equality of outcomes, a federal agency has determined that giving employees performance reviews based on actual performance is discriminatory, and all of the animals on the farm will be rated as equal. All employees will now get the highest performance reviews, and all will get the top performance bonuses.

One government agency has decided that the results of employee ratings are too discriminatory, and eliminated the process entirely. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced on Monday that it will now award all employees the highest rating regardless of performance reviews.

The CFPB, which oversees transactions in the financial sector for the federal government, decided to no longer conduct employee reviews because there were just too many apparent “significant disparities” between the races, ages, and locations of its employees.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/25/government-agency-scraps-employee-ratings-to-avoid-discrimination/#ixzz32tKCd0RL

newtothegame
05-27-2014, 02:05 AM
lmao......in the beginning they are worried about "discriminatory" practices and the possibility of litigation. Now, they can NEVER fire or terminate anyone's contract as they will be awarded the highest possible evaluations "regardless" of performance. From the frying pan into the fire lol

LottaKash
05-27-2014, 03:31 AM
" No Government Worker Left Behind "....:jump:

Wat's rong wit dat ?...

RaceBookJoe
05-27-2014, 09:04 AM
lmao......in the beginning they are worried about "discriminatory" practices and the possibility of litigation. Now, they can NEVER fire or terminate anyone's contract as they will be awarded the highest possible evaluations "regardless" of performance. From the frying pan into the fire lol

In my attempt to beat Tom to the punch :

" If you like your crappy employee, you can keep your crappy employee "

Tom
05-27-2014, 09:56 AM
D'oh!

Robert Goren
05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
I have worked for 5 large and mid size companies. In none was good preformance rewarded. Extreme bad preformance might get you fired, but not always. I think 2 things are needed get people promoted. Overdressing for the job they were doing and brown nosing your boss's boss. Dressing well is probably more important than brown nosing. Doing your job well will not even assure you that you keepyour job if your boss changes. You need friends in high places. I am assuming that it is even more so in government work although in my dealing with the local government, the people were more qualified for their jobs than my bosses were. Remember the goals in government are not always the same as in private sector. In my area of parking, the goal of the city was to provide parking spaces for downtown businesses with costs secondary. Those businesses wanted the parking to be free or at least very cheap. A privately owned parking garage would want to make money. Understanding the difference in goals between business and government is not always understood by the public.

TJDave
05-27-2014, 12:09 PM

No employer with any smarts would ever fire an employee 'for cause'. The reasons are always listed as innocuous...for obvious reasons.

Robert Goren
05-27-2014, 02:14 PM
No employer with any smarts would ever fire an employee 'for cause'. The reasons are always listed as innocuous...for obvious reasons.People get fired for cause all the time, but the employer better have the employee dead to rights. Thieft is but one thing that gets employees fired for cause. Somethings you have to go through a check list of verbal and written warnings and usually a suspension for a week or two. If it is matter of how well they do their job, you must document what they are doing wrong and make an effort to help them improve their performance if they are off their probationary period. Then go through the check list. An employer has every right to demand his employee do things the way the employer wants. When that does not happen, then there are procedures.
Performance reviews are now days a joke. They are a way of getting the boss's pets a raise and that is all they are. It is no surprise that giving everybody a top mark is now in vogue. It is way of doing away them without actually do it for the manager who does not play favorites.

Lefty
05-27-2014, 03:11 PM
They can't fire anyone in the VA so how are they going to fix the problem?
The Repubs put up a bill so the Va Sec could fire bad employees and HE was against it along with the democrats. Shows dims don't care about the VA or anybody else. They just want power and their paychecks, their great healthcare and fat pensions and to hell with everybody else.