PDA

View Full Version : Kent Desormeaux is BACK.

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Kent is back riding in So Cal as his home base now and he's riding with renewed vigor and confidence. He's winning races and he's moving horses up. He wins the first race today with No Contingency and in NC's last few races, some of those he was getting out on the turn, lugging and hard to ride....today with Kent, straight as a string.

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2014, 04:11 PM
What!!??
Heresy!...posting something positive about Kent D will NOT be tolerated on this site.

Don't you know he totally BLEW the Triple Crown on Real Quiet?
Don't you know he quits when he doesn't have a shot at the win?
(even though he led Sar in ITM % one of the years he was riding there)

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Its important to give a few positive reviews so the next time he stops riding before the wire and blows a board spot, i can point to this post as proof that i'm not picking on and singling him out. :D

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2014, 04:15 PM
and he totally BLEW 2nd place in the Derby on Paddy O'Prado, allowing Ice Box (I think) to nail him late.

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 04:22 PM
and he totally BLEW 2nd place in the Derby on Paddy O'Prado, allowing Ice Box (I think) to nail him late.

He did. But now he's new and improved. :D

Kent was essentially run out of California due to reputation and not riding horses out to the line....so, he's back and forgiven and riding great and hungry...if he wants to ride the rest of his career in So Cal, he's gotta show up for work and ride hard to the wire., hopefully now that he's older and more mature, this ugly habit has left him once and for all.

Maximillion
05-25-2014, 04:25 PM
It looked to me like the horse finally found a field he could get clear on, for the first time in at least 12 races (maybe ever).....guessing it was probably his best race.

Idk how much the jock had to do with it,but im a newb at SA as I just started looking at it for the first time a few days ago.

Stillriledup
05-30-2014, 06:07 PM
"White Coat" Prediction time.

KJD....leading rider at this Summer DMR meet.

turninforhome10
05-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Very happy to see him doing better. Any time someone can keep their sh** together when they have his talent, it is great to watch. One day at a time Sleepy.

Tom
05-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Arguably the most annoying rider in history.
I hate to see him anywhere near a mic.
Maybe he's here to give some Belmont riding tips to Victor! :rolleyes:

pele polo
05-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Elvis Trujillo is really the one taking advantage of new scenery.

Stillriledup
05-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Elvis Trujillo is really the one taking advantage of new scenery.

Horses are rebreaking for this guy, he's making horses run faster than any jock alive right now, he's red hot, Elvis is in the building, get on board.

WJ47
05-31-2014, 01:34 AM
I like Kent because I've cashed some nice wagers on his rides recently. But I still think about that ride on Big Brown in the Belmont. And does anyone know how he got the nickname of "Sleepy?" Just curious.

turninforhome10
05-31-2014, 06:31 AM
I like Kent because I've cashed some nice wagers on his rides recently. But I still think about that ride on Big Brown in the Belmont. And does anyone know how he got the nickname of "Sleepy?" Just curious.
He is known for chronically being late for working horses in the AM is what I understand. I think it stems from an Indian Charlie reference at CD.

DJofSD
05-31-2014, 11:01 AM
KDES back?

I feel like throwing a pair of binoculars.

Tom
05-31-2014, 07:19 PM
You know what Kent's rallying cry is?

Whoa!

Stillriledup
07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
Midnight Candy in the 5th yesterday at Los Al (July 4) wasn't really urged all that hard, just under a very mild handride late, seemed like lack of real urging cost this horse 4th.

I guess this guy will never change.

Stillriledup
07-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Man, if this guy made 10 cents for every race he rode where he didn't ride all the way thru the line (whether or not he had his board spot wrapped up) he would have a lot of dimes.

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 06:48 PM
KJD!

Riding the "crap" out of the Poly, all that experience at Arlington is paying dividends.

Stillriledup
11-01-2014, 05:52 PM
KENT!!

Thata baby. For his Brother too. Emotional win!!! Awesome.

Tom
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
What ribs? :D

DJofSD
11-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Somebody say 'baby back'?

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Kent is back riding in So Cal as his home base now and he's riding with renewed vigor and confidence. He's winning races and he's moving horses up. He wins the first race today with No Contingency and in NC's last few races, some of those he was getting out on the turn, lugging and hard to ride....today with Kent, straight as a string.

And a little over a year later......

kent being kent.

lamboguy
11-07-2015, 06:58 PM
i have full faith in him, my money is down on him in the 8th

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 07:12 PM
i have full faith in him, my money is down on him in the 8th

Odd ride there.

went unnecessarily wide into the lane, and didnt really urge hard all the way thru the wire, he could have gotten 2nd had he rode harder late (combined w not losing unnecessary ground turning for home) if he stays glued to the front runner the winner probably never gets out and he probably wins. ( you know, assuming he rode harder late in the race)

lamboguy
11-07-2015, 07:13 PM
he gave the horse a good ride, the horse wasn't good enough.

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 07:15 PM
he gave the horse a good ride, the horse wasn't good enough.

The horse was good enough, he should have Been able to get around the inside horses, he would have saved ground early, but got aced out early in race and was forced to go wide. He also lost unnecessary ground entering the lane, if he stays in the hip of the front runner, the winner never gets out and he probably beats the speed to the wire. He wasnt much the best, but could have won w different ride.

lamboguy
11-07-2015, 07:36 PM
if you want to see a bad ride, watch the last race and Kerwin John.

chenoa
11-07-2015, 08:15 PM
The horse was good enough, he should have Been able to get around the inside horses, he would have saved ground early, but got aced out early in race and was forced to go wide. He also lost unnecessary ground entering the lane, if he stays in the hip of the front runner, the winner never gets out and he probably beats the speed to the wire. He wasnt much the best, but could have won w different ride.

He rode awful all day, starting with the opener.

VeryOldMan
11-07-2015, 09:06 PM
How many races have you won as a jockey? Time for you to cut down to 110- pounds and get out there, apparently.

Watched the replay and see a jockey with 5699 career wins getting beat by a late-running horse.

Why are we lighting up KD and bringing up his previous issues with alcohol, etc.? Seems unfair as hell to me.

Kash$
11-07-2015, 09:07 PM
How many races have you won as a jockey? Time for you to cut down to 110- pounds and get out there, apparently.

Watched the replay and see a jockey with 5699 career wins getting beat by a late-running horse.

Why are we lighting up KD and bringing up his previous issues with alcohol, etc.? Seems unfair as hell to me.

So your ok with his ride on the #4? :confused:

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 09:11 PM

How many have I won? I'm not following :confused:

VeryOldMan
11-07-2015, 09:24 PM
How many have I won? I'm not following :confused:

I watched the replay and just am not seeing what you and the others critics are seeing. And when you launch into how he "should" have ridden, it makes me wonder how many times you've put yourself out there similarly. That's all.

And then people take what I view as cheap shots at KD because of his previous battles with the bottle. Just because he loses a race doesn't mean he's relapsed. And every ride of his that could have been better doesn't mean so either.

Stillriledup
11-07-2015, 11:46 PM
I watched the replay and just am not seeing what you and the others critics are seeing. And when you launch into how he "should" have ridden, it makes me wonder how many times you've put yourself out there similarly. That's all.

And then people take what I view as cheap shots at KD because of his previous battles with the bottle. Just because he loses a race doesn't mean he's relapsed. And every ride of his that could have been better doesn't mean so either.

I didnt see any 'cheap shots' in this thread or any thread for that matter, it's strictly a thread about riding and the 'on field' product.

News flash, you don't have to be a jockey to critique a ride, the critique was about laziness and not technical skill, if I ask why the guy is floating 5 lanes off the flank of the front runner costing himself ground as well as letting another horse get a clear shot, I think that's a legit question in this circumstance.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I think this is thread #3...I saw one bumped by a "TVGFan," whom I am now very suspicious is SRU wearing a different outfit...but obviously SRU can't get full credit for that one...which means I might actually have one more thread to go...

And there are people out there who continue to tell me SRU isn't a net-negative for this place... :lol:

Stillriledup
11-09-2015, 02:02 PM
I think this is thread #3...I saw one bumped by a "TVGFan," whom I am now very suspicious is SRU wearing a different outfit...but obviously SRU can't get full credit for that one...which means I might actually have one more thread to go...

And there are people out there who continue to tell me SRU isn't a net-negative for this place... :lol:

WHich topics do you think generate the most views and hits here? Hard core handicapping threads or drama filled stuff that has nothing to do with horse racing? I've posted many threads about horses to watch, trip notes based threads and the like and its like pulling teeth to get anyone to engage in that type of discussion. Do you know what people want to talk about? They want to discuss which announcer is worse than the guy from Tampa.

I'm trying, but your constituants have spoken. It's not hard to see which thread here have the most replies and views, that's what your core base wants to talk about.

Also, no need to be a liar, you didnt like it when I said that you said AP was a top 5 all time great, so I equally don't like it that you've said I bumped more KJD posts than I really did. there were 2 Kent posts bumped before I bumped anything, I just got in on the fun, you know, I have to admit that it felt like Christmas morning. ;)

sammy the sage
04-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Listed to ride at BOTH Kee./LARC today....anybody got any early news as too which it will be?

sammy the sage
04-16-2016, 08:45 PM
good OLE kd is back alright...was at larc...look at the video of the 5th...nice for me...not for those that backed the horse he was on...

Stillriledup
04-16-2016, 08:57 PM
good OLE kd is back alright...was at larc...look at the video of the 5th...nice for me...not for those that backed the horse he was on...

He rode a great race, what am I missing?

Zaf
04-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Listed to ride at BOTH Kee./LARC today....anybody got any early news as too which it will be?

Yes his brother trains Swipe, so he was listed to ride, since he already has his derby mount and Swipe hasn't run since the BC juvenile, it made sense why he rode at LA today. Had a pretty good day despite being beat by Maldonado in the 2 stakes.

Z

Tom
04-17-2016, 08:23 AM
And today, Swipe still has not run since the BC Juvy. :lol: