PDA

View Full Version : Could It Happen?

Track Phantom
05-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Long way to go but after two legs of the GP Rainbow P6 on Sunday (one day before the mandatory payout and a possible record p6 pool) you've got 16-1 and 10-1.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts if it pays to one winner today? (Unless, of course, you're that one winner).

Appy
05-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Meh. It would merely direct me to focus on selected races instead of adding to the pool to make some rich person a little richer!

Would you believe I'm an optimist? :)

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Long way to go but after two legs of the GP Rainbow P6 on Sunday (one day before the mandatory payout and a possible record p6 pool) you've got 16-1 and 10-1.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts if it pays to one winner today? (Unless, of course, you're that one winner).

It would be incredible. The drama in the final race would be amazing to see. I'll be following along, thanks for the heads up Val.

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
3 legs down...big favorite could get out of the gate in the 3rd leg...never saw a replay if he was a non starter or not...this might get hit today

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 04:49 PM
What are the will pays?

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Hearing 19 tix left covering 6 horses

pdxmike
05-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Welsh is saying 2,3,5,9,10,12 would win the pool.

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:07 PM

wow.

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 05:08 PM
can't believe the track didn't play an all bet itself...if hit today...will save my day for tomorrow :lol: :D

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, please hold all tickets, the inquiry sign..... :D

luisbe
05-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Bye Bye.

tanner12oz
I think its toast

goatchaser
The track announcer sounded like Yosemity Sam down the stretch.

Track Phantom
05-25-2014, 05:17 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

pdxmike
05-25-2014, 05:18 PM
This is hilarious

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:22 PM
That's one of the most amazing things i've seen in racing...it was the karma forcefield coming back to bite GP in the rear end. :lol:

Btw whos this announcer, he never mentioned the payout in his call, never mentioned anything during the call....you can bet Collmus would have said something during the call, right after they hit the wire, etc.

goatchaser
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
The announcer had a mouthful of ice cubes in his mouth I think?

ukbro00
05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Can't wait to hear about the winner.

High 5 also paid out...over $90,000

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 05:25 PM
What's the pool going to be tomorrow? Lol crazy

magwell
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
6.6 million to one lucky ticket

Track Phantom
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
How much did that cost GP?

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Well looks like I can now spend memorial day with my family like a normal person

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
What's the pool going to be tomorrow? Lol crazy

Its going to be decent, a few hundred thousand or more since it is force out day anyway, but this was a crushing loss for Gulfstream to lose in that fashion, with the chalk cruising on the lead as lone speed and collapsing like a house of cards.

Crazy, im sure the media is scrambling to get info to find out who hit this thing.

ukbro00
05-25-2014, 05:28 PM

Probably about $1 million

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:29 PM

Best Guesstimate is that the pool would have been 15 to 20 m in new money, but not all is bet on track, so its hard to say how much they would have been cost, but i think a good guess is 3 to 5 million easy.

magwell
05-25-2014, 05:31 PM
How much did that cost GP? Its cost me 7 hours of work for no action on Monday, I was going all in .......:lol:

Track Phantom
05-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Jose Garaffalo had two 5-1 winners in the sequence. Someone should follow him to the window.

menifee
05-25-2014, 05:32 PM

Depends on what the pool would have been. I saw estimates from anywhere from a 15m pool to 39m pool. The 20% takeout on a pool like that ranges from 1.7m to 6.5m.

OTM Al
05-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Perfect day to play the bet. I think this was an awful bet but I played both Derby and Preakness days and yesterday and today. I think only about 100k went in yesterday as opposed to much larger amounts on other Saturdays. I had no interest in playing tomorrow. Why? Because everyone was distracted on those four days and I was hoping for exactly what happened. Bunch of mid price horses without a fluke or fav in the bunch. I was dead after the second leg but still can believe the win price on that first leg. Wish I would have seen that live as he was my top choice....

thaskalos
05-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I hope it's a poor guy who could use the money.

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Ticket purchased in Ohio.

How funny would it be if it was the same guy who got DQd a few months ago for 1.6 mil :D

goatchaser
05-25-2014, 05:43 PM
All Horse Players are Poor : )

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Ticket purchased in Ohio.

How funny would it be if it was the same guy who got DQd a few months ago for 1.6 mil :D

I heard palm beach kennel club...7k ticket all-all-all 1-4 all all

affirmedny
05-25-2014, 05:54 PM
The only thing that can make this story better than it is already is if it was hit on a small ticket.

BetHorses!
05-25-2014, 05:55 PM
GP owner should have bot pool twice today...about 30k

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 06:04 PM

That's right, Paulick had said Ohio and he changed it in his article.

Dark Horse
05-25-2014, 06:07 PM

Smart. This was the day to take it down. Still a risk if there was another winner, but worth it with all the money that would have come in tomorrow.

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 06:15 PM

this is correct story...

Winning R6 ticket was all/all/all/1,4/all/all cost $7,603.20

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Equivalent to a 66 million dollar payout on a conventional 2 dollar pick 6.

affirmedny
05-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Dan Borislow, owner of Toccet is the ticket holder.

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 06:28 PM

Gus's dreams shattered, its not someone who 'needs the money' :D

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 06:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Borislow

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Winning ticket http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BohBsSNCMAAlThS.jpg

Poindexter
05-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Gus's dreams shattered, its not someone who 'needs the money' :D

Mine Too. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of all people to hit this a guy worth hundreds of millions of dollars. What a complete waste. A 7.6 K investment is fricking tip money to him and all he had to do was get one double home and the sad part is was a complete gift. There should have been 5 winning tickets based on the pick 3 payouts. Everyone else that played just somehow missed it.

What I find interesting, is this is such a crazy bet. Because he hit, as a horse player you say to yourself, "wow, could have hit it, but so what I would have got back about $100,000" if I somehow put together the winning ticket. But if he had not played and nobody hit six, how many people would be banging their head and be saying "man I could have scored for 6 1/2 million dollars".

Stillriledup
05-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Winning ticket http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BohBsSNCMAAlThS.jpg

Oh happy day for the Govt, they "Cash" for over 1 million.....with no risk. :D

jballscalls
05-25-2014, 08:08 PM
That's one of the most amazing things i've seen in racing...it was the karma forcefield coming back to bite GP in the rear end. :lol:

Btw whos this announcer, he never mentioned the payout in his call, never mentioned anything during the call....you can bet Collmus would have said something during the call, right after they hit the wire, etc.

Peter, the announcer, is a friend of mine and told me nobody called him to tell him who was live and who wasn't.

Also, after the Louisiana Downs incident earlier this year, I can't blame him for not saying anything.

theguarantee
05-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Peter, the announcer, is a friend of mine and told me nobody called him to tell him who was live and who wasn't.

I'm sorry but this is an utterly ridiculous excuse.

jballscalls
05-25-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry but this is an utterly ridiculous excuse.

I disagree.

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 09:38 PM
still can't believe the track didn't shell out 70k just to guarantee the carry-over... :faint:

jballscalls
05-25-2014, 09:51 PM
still can't believe the track didn't shell out 70k just to guarantee the carry-over... :faint:

probably not in the best interests for gaming companies to fix the games?

tanner12oz
05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Anyone think that all the details and media attention of the way the guy bought this is going to make it even harder to take down in the future

andtheyreoff
05-25-2014, 10:22 PM

I'm sure if it was announced that there were two winning tickets in the seven figures, and one of them was held by the track to ensure a carryover, shits would've been flipped: much more so than right now. Not to mention a huge amount of outrage from the other winning player.

I would love to live a life so devoid of problems that an announcer not mentioning the rainbow 6 and two small tracks running at the same time on a Sunday night are concerning enough to post about.

jballscalls
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM

another interesting point. One of your great joys in another thread is to comment on why certain announcer's don't call photos.

Peter called this photo in a big spot with everyone watching and it was an inch. How come you didn't compliment him? Oh nevermind

BlinkersOn
05-25-2014, 10:36 PM
It was a smart move to bet over $7000 to win over $6 mil, but not everyone has that kind of money. It's probably chicken feed to the guy that won, as he owns race horses. He bet all in all but one race, and in one race he picked the two favorites. It would have been hard to beat that kind of bet....well timed, Sir.

theguarantee
05-25-2014, 10:43 PM
I get that you guys are trying to defend announcers and some of the unfair ridicule that they are often unfairly hit with... But in this case, just admit it... By not mentioning the rainbow 6 he blew the call. By claiming that no one told him who was live prior it the race, he blew the preparation. I get that calling him an amateur and such might call for his defense and I can respect that. But if he's truly a professional I'm sure he'd agree that in hindsight he should've understood the situation a little better. No one is perfect -- this was a somewhat egregious miss IMHO -- but we all have them from time to time.

Valuist
05-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Considering they put in $7600, they couldn't be very poor.

Valuist
05-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Correction; it was Boroslew and he had TWO separate $7600 tickets.

Dark Horse
05-26-2014, 12:00 AM

He could afford the risk that somebody else had the same idea. I did toy with the idea last night, but figured I would never be the only one. The guy seems a genius in retrospect but if any of us would have done this as well, nobody wins. John Nash-like.

BlinkersOn
05-26-2014, 12:37 AM

A rich guy won it. He owns race horses. I wish a guy that needed it had won, but who has that kind of money to bet unless you are well off?

ultracapper
05-26-2014, 03:19 AM
Does wonders for SA carryover tomorrow. GP got screwed. Wow.

therussmeister
05-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Gulfstream should have run Monday's card on Sunday.

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 04:36 AM
I get that you guys are trying to defend announcers and some of the unfair ridicule that they are often unfairly hit with... But in this case, just admit it... By not mentioning the rainbow 6 he blew the call. By claiming that no one told him who was live prior it the race, he blew the preparation. I get that calling him an amateur and such might call for his defense and I can respect that. But if he's truly a professional I'm sure he'd agree that in hindsight he should've understood the situation a little better. No one is perfect -- this was a somewhat egregious miss IMHO -- but we all have them from time to time.

I think this is right and here's why.

The richest purse in racing is the Dubai World Cup, i think the purse is 10 million. 60% to the winner, or 6 million.

So, if they are coming down the lane and an OWNER is "alive" to win 6 million, the announcer goes nuts, he knows what's on the line.

But, for a bettor in the same exact situation, this horse who won was essentially winning the bettor "Dubai world cup" money and the announcer called the race as if it was just another race.

This guy won a "purse" that was TWICE what the BC Classic and yet, not even a mention.

Why is an owner winning millions more 'exciting" than a bettor winning millions?

Stillriledup
05-26-2014, 04:43 AM
another interesting point. One of your great joys in another thread is to comment on why certain announcer's don't call photos.

Peter called this photo in a big spot with everyone watching and it was an inch. How come you didn't compliment him? Oh nevermind

There are plenty of announcers who call amazing photos, there are plenty of races per day all around the country.....i can't compliment every announcer who calls a close photo, it happens quite often, i admire great calls and every announcer who goes out on a limb to call a really close one, its something that i appreciate hearing.

No need to defend your pal, i just thought in 2014, this something that elite announcers do. Collmus would have known, Mirahmadi would have known and Vic Stauffer, an announcer who's apparently not good enough to call anymore at Gulfstream would have also known.

You gotta find a way to know, the alive horses were posted on PA, if i was an announcer for Gulfstream one of the first things i would do and i would have started this many moons ago, is to know if anyone's alive for the jackpot. If you really want to know, you can find out before the race is being run.

Track Phantom
05-26-2014, 07:47 AM
I think this is right and here's why.

The richest purse in racing is the Dubai World Cup, i think the purse is 10 million. 60% to the winner, or 6 million.

So, if they are coming down the lane and an OWNER is "alive" to win 6 million, the announcer goes nuts, he knows what's on the line.

But, for a bettor in the same exact situation, this horse who won was essentially winning the bettor "Dubai world cup" money and the announcer called the race as if it was just another race.

This guy won a "purse" that was TWICE what the BC Classic and yet, not even a mention.

Why is an owner winning millions more 'exciting" than a bettor winning millions?

You know, I have to agree here. The whole thing leading up to the last race was bizarre. The P6 will-pays were not shown and the paddock guy only quickly mentioned which runners were alive for the whole pool. I couldn't hear it that well. Thus, I had no idea who was alive and who wasn't.

Then, during the race, it's not mentioned at all.

I'm sure the LAD thing had something to do with it but what an odd way to handle this thing.

jballscalls
05-26-2014, 10:30 AM
No need to defend your pal, i just thought in 2014, this something that elite announcers do. Collmus would have known,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0R8xggTGpE#t=146

Here's the final leg of the sequence from Feb. 22nd where the winner won and would have caused the payout of 1.66 million. He was eventually dq'd. Larry, who most would agree is a very elite announcer, didn't mention it.

Again, i think after the LaD event this summer, guys are probably pretty gunshy to announce something of this magnitude until it's official.