PDA

View Full Version : Strawbridge on drugs in racing

pandy
05-25-2014, 07:39 AM
https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/strawbridge-racing-denial-about-image-problems

Track Phantom
05-25-2014, 08:02 AM
A lone wolf with high morals involved in US racing.

Seabiscuit@AR
05-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Strawbridge says a lot of good things in that interview

But he also says the funding for drug testing will have to come from the betting dollar. Why can't it come from a tax on studs? They could could put a tax on the service fee

Coolmore got away with paying tax for years, it would only be fair to tax them and their ilk now

alydar
05-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Ah!!
The problem, everybody wants change but nobody wants to pay for it.
Not an uncommon problem in life overall.

lamboguy
05-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Strawbirdge should pay closer attention to his own "clean" trainers, he might be in for a rude awakening.

Ocala Mike
05-25-2014, 02:21 PM
So, why have a stable in the States?

“Because I live here, and I have trainers who don’t drug horses.”

Surprised he would even acknowledge he lives in the US. When I audited his NY State taxes in the early 90's for residency issues, he claimed he "had no domicile" but was a citizen of the world. Finally pinned him down to PA residency, and gave him a "no change" for NY purposes. The 1%ers of the world just have different rules than the rest of us.

PS: One of his horses, trained by JS, ran 2nd in the first at Pimlico today, completing a decent exacta.

pandy
05-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Strawbirdge should pay closer attention to his own "clean" trainers, he might be in for a rude awakening.

I think you're going to have a tough time convincing people that Sheppard and Motion are drug trainers. Motion has never had a positive. Sheppard is one of the most respected men in the industry, on both sides of the Atlantic.

nearco
05-25-2014, 03:13 PM

He mentioned Motion, Shepperd and Matz.
What dirt do you have on those three?
I know Matz has had a violation (overage).

nijinski
05-25-2014, 05:45 PM

You are correct , they do use permitted meds and Motion supports the use
of Lasix .

lamboguy
05-25-2014, 06:06 PM
You are correct , they do use permitted meds and Motion supports the use
of Lasix .those trainer's use a lot more than lasix

Nacumi
05-25-2014, 07:38 PM
What do those trainers use "more than Lasix" exactly?