PDA

View Full Version : HRTV-Horse Carriage Racing

Mineshaft
05-24-2014, 11:54 PM
are u effing kidding me? They really showed that tonite?

i hope HRTV goes belly up after that showing that garbage

Forego
05-25-2014, 07:47 AM
It's interesting that a channel which calls itself "Horse Racing TV" spends so much time showing something other than horse racing.

As for going belly up...the other unwatchable horse racing channel is a much more likely candidate for that. Eventually, even Betfair will tire of throwing good money after bad. If not for its sweetheart deal with New Jersey, where TVG is the lone, legal ADW, I doubt TVG would still be in business.

HRTV has a big advantage because of its ownership (Stronach and Churchill). Although...who knows what the financial arrangement is for the night time programming, when HRTV morphs into the "My Pretty Pony" channel.

But, for the near-term future, HRTV is far better positioned than TVG to at least "keep the lights turned on," no matter how awful their programming.

Tom
05-25-2014, 09:32 AM

There are no limits to how far HRTV will go NOT show racing.
I am expecting that Mr. Ed will be coming to HRTV this fall.
They call it horse sports - what we call crap.

sammy the sage
05-25-2014, 09:47 AM
why not...roman style carriage racing WILL BE next... ;)

magwell
05-25-2014, 09:53 AM
The cure for TVG and HRTV pain is RTN ............:cool:

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Their policy for a few years now is that HRTV does not stand for HorseRacing TV anymore.

They now call themselves the "channel for horse sports" or something like that.

alydar
05-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I have to agree that I would rather watch racing. However, overall I would say that HRTV has much better coverage than TVG. It is a choice of listening to analysts or clowns constantly touting Pick 4's.

Tom
05-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Their policy for a few years now is that HRTV does not stand for HorseRacing TV anymore.

They now call themselves the "channel for horse sports" or something like that.

HSTV? (think about it.....:eek: )

Fingal
05-25-2014, 11:49 AM

I was flipping around the channels the other night & saw that.

I didn't know it was Easter & they were showing the chariot race from Ben Hur.

jdhanover
05-25-2014, 11:59 AM
I caught the "Chuckwagon Championships" on HRTV last night for a few minutes.

First thought was, what the heck is this? Then I thought this is hysterical - though the announcer was horrid....and is apparently an ongoing thing....

Mules... it was funny.

At the end of a racing day there is dead air time to fill. Who cares what they put on.

goatchaser
05-25-2014, 02:01 PM
I know the analyst at TVG can wear on some people. But I do like hearing the Kid talk (Gino). Can't get into HRTV and having to listen to any of them people there. Don't care for their coverage either. I have both and seems i stay on TVG. Gino at least talks like a real person....Others seem like Robots.

Helles
05-25-2014, 02:51 PM
If I have to watch one of the channels, I will usually choose TVG because I like the personalities better and I like the look of their show. But, I have taken to hooking a laptop up to my 70" TV and I just play the races straight from my ADW to my TV.