PDA

View Full Version : The World's Greatest PUBLIC handicappers

TraderX
05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
I would like to hear who you guys follow, and at what track. I follow NY tracks, and the greatest public handicapper I have ever seen in all my years is Ribbit from RibbitRacing.

As of the 9th race today at Belmont, he has picked 8 winners out of 9 races! This is not unusual, he does this kind of picking often! I have never seen anyone pick more winners than this guy, and he does really well at other tracks too. Not to mention, all his picks are free, with no advertising, or signing up for nonsense.

When one of my win picks agree with one of his win picks, the hit ratio is 64% to win over the last 350 races at Belmont and Aqueduct. I only wish that I had some idea of what excatly he uses to formulate his picks. I don't believe in handicapping to make money, but then, I have never seen anyone as good as this guy, day in and day out.

Who is your favorite public handicapper?

TheEdge07
05-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Salvatore,
Beer,

Some of the best arn't public..you can find quite few on twitter,

Pick 6 King
KeenlandDan
CJ
JJ from Dusrfside..

heck theres a few on this forum.

lamboguy
05-24-2014, 06:03 PM
I would like to hear who you guys follow, and at what track. I follow NY tracks, and the greatest public handicapper I have ever seen in all my years is Ribbit from RibbitRacing.

As of the 9th race today at Belmont, he has picked 8 winners out of 9 races! This is not unusual, he does this kind of picking often! I have never seen anyone pick more winners than this guy, and he does really well at other tracks too. Not to mention, all his picks are free, with no advertising, or signing up for nonsense.

When one of my win picks agree with one of his win picks, the hit ratio is 64% to win over the last 350 races at Belmont and Aqueduct. I only wish that I had some idea of what excatly he uses to formulate his picks. I don't believe in handicapping to make money, but then, I have never seen anyone as good as this guy, day in and day out.

Who is your favorite public handicapper?all the public handicappers are great. you came across a great system, stick with it i am sure you will have a positive ROI

Some_One
05-24-2014, 06:41 PM

6 of 8 evens or below and a 6/5 and 2-1 for the other 2, his expectation was somewhere around 6 wins. Just a quick browse of his 'selections' and he's doesn't appear to be too different then Ultimate Selector, a chalk eating weasel who'll hit a lot of winners, but at low odds and -EV.

Actor
05-25-2014, 12:29 AM
As of the 9th race today at Belmont, he has picked 8 winners out of 9 races!Am I looking at the right chart? I see 5 out of 9.

taxicab
05-25-2014, 12:37 AM

We would like to welcome you to Pace Advantage Ribbit's mom....

Hoofless_Wonder
05-25-2014, 03:11 AM

Ouch. :lol:

I too count less than 8 out of 9 - rather 6 out of 9 with one second choice winning. Maybe there's a miscount with all the scratches? At those odds, it's hard to dutch.

Can't say as I follow any public handicappers, and it pretty much takes the fun out of the game for somebody else to make your picks. Taking a look at Ribbit's home page, there's plenty of chalks that he's picking - but if he's separating the live chalks from the ones off the board, good for him....

TraderX
05-25-2014, 03:13 AM

Now that's funny stuff!

He hit 8 out of 10 today, if you take his next pick after all the many scratches at Belmont.

I sure don't mind chalk pickers myself. That is my bread and butter. There was just lots of chalk today with the small fields.

ManU918
05-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Now that's funny stuff!

He hit 8 out of 10 today, if you take his next pick after all the many scratches at Belmont.

I sure don't mind chalk pickers myself. That is my bread and butter. There was just lots of chalk today with the small fields.

If hes (you) that good then he should be able to afford an actual website. Not a free one with banner ads all over it.

RaceBookJoe
05-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Maybe its me, but red flags always flash when a new poster starts out with mentioning a person, software or website I have never heard of and how amazing it is.

therussmeister
05-26-2014, 12:33 PM
If hes (you) that good then he should be able to afford an actual website. Not a free one with banner ads all over it.
If he's that good, his picks won't be profitable for long. Too many players will be betting them.

appistappis
05-26-2014, 10:02 PM
If I had to rely on other peoples selections, I wouldn't play.

Maxximus
05-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Public Handicappers were great in the 80's and 90's where indepth information werent readily available. Now, with replays, PP, speed/pace figures are on the internet, its not necessary to rely on handicappers as much. Dont get me wrong, they are great for breaking down a race but shouldnt be relied on for picking winners.

Do you need to rely on other experts while playing a hand in Black Jack or Poker? If you do, stick with putting your gambling money in the savings account.

TraderX
05-27-2014, 08:17 PM
These comments are highly entertaining stuff, when all I asked was a simple question. I am not the public handicapper that I mentioned, the site administrator can probably verify that fact. I was just curious as to everyone's favorite public pickers. I have been making a living from my own betting since 1993, so you can save the advice on how I should and should not be betting, but it is hilarious reading, considering it is coming from people that don't make a living at this. Good stuff.

appistappis
05-27-2014, 10:30 PM
how do you know who does and doesn't make their living at it???

Maxximus
05-28-2014, 12:22 AM
These comments are highly entertaining stuff, when all I asked was a simple question. I am not the public handicapper that I mentioned, the site administrator can probably verify that fact. I was just curious as to everyone's favorite public pickers. I have been making a living from my own betting since 1993, so you can save the advice on how I should and should not be betting, but it is hilarious reading, considering it is coming from people that don't make a living at this. Good stuff.

What was your biggest hit and how much was it? No one will ever forget their biggest hit.

ultracapper
05-28-2014, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure I could tell you mine. I guess that means I have never hit one WAY out of the ballpark. Though I've made more in one bet than I do in a month working a number of times, I couldn't tell you which one was the big one.

Thebigguy
05-28-2014, 03:09 AM
What was your biggest hit and how much was it? No one will ever forget their biggest hit.

Its $8.
I have it on good word that he is an old poster who used to go by Dahoss.

Maxximus
05-30-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure I could tell you mine. I guess that means I have never hit one WAY out of the ballpark. Though I've made more in one bet than I do in a month working a number of times, I couldn't tell you which one was the big one.

I hear ya. When I was in college, even profiting 30 bucks for the weekend was considered a "good weekend". :D

Clocker
05-30-2014, 08:01 PM
The best public handicapper I can think of is Dawn Lupul at Woodbine. I don't know of any other tracks she does. She gives in depth analysis of the races, including detailed histories of horses she follows, and paddock analysis of physicality.

When Dawn speaks, I listen. And often act. ;)

Robert Goren
05-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Public Handicappers were great in the 80's and 90's where indepth information werent readily available. Now, with replays, PP, speed/pace figures are on the internet, its not necessary to rely on handicappers as much. Dont get me wrong, they are great for breaking down a race but shouldnt be relied on for picking winners.

Do you need to rely on other experts while playing a hand in Black Jack or Poker? If you do, stick with putting your gambling money in the savings account.No, they weren't.

ManU918
05-31-2014, 03:18 AM
The best public handicapper I can think of is Dawn Lupul at Woodbine. I don't know of any other tracks she does. She gives in depth analysis of the races, including detailed histories of horses she follows, and paddock analysis of physicality.

When Dawn speaks, I listen. And often act. ;)

I'm pretty sure she creates her own speed figures.

WP1981
05-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Maybe Ribbit is more popular out west. I have seen quite a few people at TuP OTB's with his selections printed over the last year or two. He may or may not have gotten popular after being posted in Del Mar's handicapping section of their website. A lot of "reports" got popular there and showed up here like the free Don Quixote (sp) for DMR.

I can also confirm I've seen him hit some nice winners in the top 2.