PDA

View Full Version : Horse dies in freak fall at Churchill - From new Sound System Startle

BettinBilly
05-22-2014, 08:30 PM
From the AP news wire, just read this. Interesting. Talk about a freak accident.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/horse-dies-freakish-accident-churchill-downs-23832439

duncan04
05-22-2014, 10:08 PM
More bad publicity for Churchill Downs. :ThmbDown: What the hell is going on with that company.

Stillriledup
05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
More bad publicity for Churchill Downs. :ThmbDown: What the hell is going on with that company.

Profits before people.

Tom
05-22-2014, 10:32 PM
No bettor left un-gouged.

Rex Phinney
05-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Dear Churchill:

You're doing it wrong.

What a shame, The circus atmosphere around that place is a joke. I've never been more dismayed watching a horse race as I was this year after seeing the mess that was the Oaks.

Profits before people AND horses.

HUSKER55
05-23-2014, 12:07 PM
maybe it is just me, but if you train a horse to respond to the starting bell and then some idiot blares the sound over the whole ground, isn't that criminal negligence?

That is their job, right?

This crap of no one is responsible is getting out of hand. What in the hell did they think those horses were going to do?

At bare minimum CD should have to pay for the horse. Not that that would solve my problem if I was the trainer. I would still be pissed.

cordep17
05-23-2014, 05:56 PM
maybe it is just me, but if you train a horse to respond to the starting bell and then some idiot blares the sound over the whole ground, isn't that criminal negligence?

That is their job, right?

This crap of no one is responsible is getting out of hand. What in the hell did they think those horses were going to do?

At bare minimum CD should have to pay for the horse. Not that that would solve my problem if I was the trainer. I would still be pissed.
:ThmbUp:
The first time I read it I thought there was a case there. I would never have thought any track, let alone one considered by many to be pretty prestigious, would be dumb enough to blare the sound of a starting bell at their track.

cutchemist42
05-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Are they so clueless about their racing they didn't think a starting bell over the speakers was a bad idea? So glad I only gave them 1 bet on 1 race this year.

Stillriledup
05-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Are they so clueless about their racing they didn't think a starting bell over the speakers was a bad idea? So glad I only gave them 1 bet on 1 race this year.

Oh they knew, they just didn't care.