PDA

View Full Version : Will Chrome break Secretariats track record at Belmont ?

Mad Scientist
05-21-2014, 10:56 PM
I just wanted to see how many Chrome haters heads I could get to explode just by the title of this thread :)

headhawg
05-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Well, don't whine and cry when people start calling you an asshat.

Tom
05-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Hint - it ain't Chrome we hate.

taxicab
05-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Question headhawg....
Is that Arnold Ziffel ?

taxicab
05-21-2014, 11:02 PM
:lol:

JustRalph
05-21-2014, 11:07 PM
:ThmbUp:

Nice........and informative

Mad Scientist
05-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Are you kidding me lol ... I am just trying to have a little good natured fun without making any personal attacks against anybody and it takes two seconds for all the angry people with no sense of humor to start bashing me.

Well I am in a good mood tonite so I am just going to let all that negativity just slide right on by. I hope someone out there at least found a little humor on this thread :)

headhawg
05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Question headhawg....
Is that Arnold Ziffel ?Yes it is.

taxicab
05-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Yes it is.

Thanks.
How he failed to garner an Emmy nod I'll never know.

headhawg
05-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Are you kidding me lol ... I am just trying to have a little good natured fun without making any personal attacks against anybody and it takes two seconds for all the angry people with no sense of humor to start bashing me.Your track record here speaks for itself. You remind me of a mouthy guy who goes to a bar with friends, insults some dude's girlfriend, and just when he's about to pop you one, you hide in the corner while your friends take the hit for you. I've seen that act too many times and it's just not funny.

Other members here have good-natured fun; I'm not sure what your agenda is.

Rex Phinney
05-21-2014, 11:40 PM
I was kind of thinking Kid Cruz would be the one todo it.

I love California Chrome just as much as the next guy, but you make it hard for anyone to root for the horse.

I vote for a ban, seriously, this guy adds nothing to the board, who is with me?

RacingFan1992
05-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Post Rachel Alexandra vs. Zenyatta and see the hate and dog fights pour in.:mad: OOPs! OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE! :rolleyes:

BlueChip@DRF
05-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Stating a fact does not make one a hater.

Mad Scientist
05-21-2014, 11:57 PM
" I vote for a ban . Who's with me ? "

You seriously gotta be kidding me ....

Get off my lawn !!!! Get off my lawn !!!!

mostpost
05-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Will Chrome break Secretariats track record at Belmont?
I just wanted to see how many Chrome haters heads I could get to explode just by the title of this thread
It is a legitimate question. (Which most would answer in the negative.)
But instead of asking it as a legitimate question, you present it as a means of aggravating people. Why not just ask the question and we can debate it?

To discuss the original question, I would disagree with those who say flatly it cannot be done. Before the 1973 Belmont no one was predicting a record time for Secretariat. There were questions about his ability to get the mile and a half in some quarters. He answered those questions.

In my opinion it is possible that California Chrome will break Secretariat's Belmont record. It is not likely. Speed is the one factor he does possess. The question is does he possess the stamina to go with that speed? Not just the stamina to win the Belmont Stakes, but the stamina to do so at an extraordinary pace. Even if California Chrome does possess an extraordinary combination of speed and stamina, he still would need an opponent of high quality to force him to run his best.

So my answer would be no. If he runs a sub 2:26 time, I would say we have to consider him one of the top horses of our time.

mostpost
05-22-2014, 12:11 AM
I was kind of thinking Kid Cruz would be the one todo it.

I love California Chrome just as much as the next guy, but you make it hard for anyone to root for the horse.

I vote for a ban, seriously, this guy adds nothing to the board, who is with me?
Nah! Although every thing you say is true. Except for the Kid Cruz thing. Which I don't think you really meant.

PhantomOnTour
05-22-2014, 12:21 AM
"There is no emoticon to express what I am feeling"

-Comicbook Guy

HUSKER55
05-22-2014, 06:46 AM
you guys need another cup of coffee and maybe a good donut.

Wait a minute.......that sounds good!

I'll be right back.....

precocity
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
:D hope CC wins, in the same breath as BIG RED :ThmbDown:

clocker7
05-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Man o' War = Big Red
Secretariat = Big Red II
California Chrome = Big Red III?

goatchaser
05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Many Horses have Broke trying for the Triple Crown. It's just a little bit special this time around for me. Being from California and he being a Cal Bred Horse and it never happening before. It just would be a special happening for an old man like me.

Smarty Cide
05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
I just wanted to see how many Chrome haters heads I could get to explode just by the title of this thread :)

id be shocked if he didnt, they say he loves the track

raybo
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
I think CC is the winner of the Belmont, but to break Secretariat's record? No friggin way! I'll take future wagers for the next 20 years, or however long I live, that Big Red's Belmont record is still standing when they put me 6 feet under. Breeders have been breeding for speed for years and I don't see that trend changing in the future, there's just so many more races and chances to win money in shorter races.

clocker7
05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
In truth, Secretariat's records will never be broken, at least for decades. Why? Because the Triple Crown courses are not graded like speedways anymore. Put Secretariat under this year's CD conditions, and he probably has a clocking further down the pack.