PDA

View Full Version : Belmont probable

fegerass
05-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Anyone know where you can get Belmont probables PP's?

zerosky
05-21-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/brisnet_promos/14BelmontProbables.pdf

SecretAgentMan
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks Zerosky!

Mad Scientist
05-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Looking at those PP"s it looks like a romp for chrome. Just look at the 3 year old races. No other horse has more than one bris net speed number over 100 and at least half don't even have one. Compare that to Chrome who has 5 in 6 races. In fact I think Chrome has more bris net over 100 than the rest of the field combined, and talk about a consistent move .... During his 6 race winning streak every race he has used that awesome move of his to improve at least 4 lengths in the race from the 2nd call to the top of the stretch ,

The way I see it .... SI sets early pace. Chrome sits right off his hip until they are ready to enter the top of the stretch . Chrome makes patented move he has made in 6 races in a row and quickly puts 4 lengths on SI. The rest is horse racing history as Chrome puts his name in the history books along with the great Secretariat,

Sunday Silence
05-22-2014, 02:23 AM
Really believe Wicked Strong and Ride on Curlin are both in the tri. Probably with Chrome. I've looked at the Preakness a few more times and now am actually more impressed with Chrome's victory. ROC looked like he wasn't going to pass him if they went around again.

SecretAgentMan
05-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Really believe Wicked Strong and Ride on Curlin are both in the tri. Probably with Chrome. I've looked at the Preakness a few more times and now am actually more impressed with Chrome's victory. ROC looked like he wasn't going to pass him if they went around again.

I really thought ROC was gonna pass Chrome coming around top of stretch & then Chrome puts it in another gear & it was see ya later .......you're right, if they went around once more, ROC had nothing to pass Chrome with.....

I'm confident Chrome can win the Belmont, the big question is who comes in for the exacta & triple?

LoL@ Commanding Curves owner saying he will win.......I don't even like him to hit the board.

Tonalist ran a good race in the Peter Pan.......

ROC ran a good race in Baltimore but does he have anything left for Belmont?

General Rod is overmatched & won't get this distance.....

Social Inclusion will fold up........

Kid Cruz is a boy amongst men......

Commish & Intense Holiday are out of their league......

tanner12oz
05-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Looking at those PP"s it looks like a romp for chrome. Just look at the 3 year old races. No other horse has more than one bris net speed number over 100 and at least half don't even have one. Compare that to Chrome who has 5 in 6 races. In fact I think Chrome has more bris net over 100 than the rest of the field combined, and talk about a consistent move .... During his 6 race winning streak every race he has used that awesome move of his to improve at least 4 lengths in the race from the 2nd call to the top of the stretch ,

The way I see it .... SI sets early pace. Chrome sits right off his hip until they are ready to enter the top of the stretch . Chrome makes patented move he has made in 6 races in a row and quickly puts 4 lengths on SI. The rest is horse racing history as Chrome puts his name in the history books along with the great Secretariat,

if he makes his patented move as you say he will be caught...still a long way to go from the turn

bks
05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
if Untapable is indeed out, CC's better than even money to win if he races.

onefast99
05-22-2014, 01:04 PM

you are 0/1 using that line! Blinkers may be added and a perfect trip may just be what the DR ordered for SI.

SecretAgentMan
05-22-2014, 05:00 PM

you are 0/1 using that line! Blinkers may be added and a perfect trip may just be what the DR ordered for SI.

Huh?? 0 for 1??? LoL.......umm.....I did say he wouldn't beat Chrome. You stated before the derby that Social Inclusion would win the Preakness & I stated Chrome has a good chance of winning the triple crown & you laughed.

Seriously tho, how much did you lose betting on Social?

Social will NOT hit the board in Belmont.

I only needed to see one race by Social (Wood Memorial) to know he can't win a G1 race over 1 1/6. He needs a new trainer that is willing to work with him for several months before throwing him back into the wolves.

Also, good horses get the lucky bounce of luck bouncetheir way.......when iI hear people saying, Social had this excuse & that excuse for this race & that race.

You are just point in out that he's not ready to race with the big boys........Social has raw talent & needs to be trained right Social needs to go socialize & not run for several months. A plan needs to be set up for him.

nijinski
05-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Matuszak looks like an addition . Looks live , working great
but seems overmatched .

Kind of like a Drosselmeyer lol . He's a Mott horse and am I hearing
Smith too ? Interesting horse .

BlueChip@DRF
05-23-2014, 10:29 AM
LoL@ Commanding Curves owner saying he will win.......I don't even like him to hit the board.

Now I am definitely betting on Commanding Curve!

Mad Scientist
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Secret Agent Man -

I actually agree with your horse by horse analysis. Your right ROC had stalled and was not making any headway against CC. They could have went around twice more and ROC was not getting to CC.

We still have yet to see the extra gear CC is sure to get when a horse offers him serious competition. Maybe CC is just so good that no horse will ever really challenge him, so we might never see it.

I will just add a few things regarding tonalist. The Peter Pan win was impressive but I think there needs to be a huge asterisk there. The race was ran in slop. Did the slop move him up ? The fact he won the race in wire to wire fashion seems to support the theory the off track really moved him up.

When a horse runs a career best in the slop and does it with a running style the horse has never shown before it usually means the horse really moved up due to track surface. Not to mention he is a big time bounce candidate. With all that being said his big win still does not compare to CC big wins on paper. They remind me more of the big wins kid Cruz had in those Maryland stakes .

SecretAgentMan
05-23-2014, 12:20 PM
I agree about Tonalist.......but I think he's better than Kid Cruz. I'm just trying to find the 2nd & 3rd place horses........do you have any i n mind?

TMQ
05-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I agree about Tonalist.......but I think he's better than Kid Cruz. I'm just trying to find the 2nd & 3rd place horses........do you have any i n mind?
I will take CC over Candy Boy/Intense Holiday!

Mad Scientist
05-23-2014, 09:29 PM
You know I was just looking to see what horses might be worth a play in the tri and I must say there isn't really much quality there at least compared to CC. There is a lot of them though so still might be able to get a decent payoff.

Matusczak and commissioner both lightweights with no business in the race. Ring weekend had one good race in his career winning the tampa bay derby with a DREAM trip has done nothing since. Kid Cruz had his shot and got a no excuse trip and got trounced. Clearly a cut below. Intense holiday probably is not as good as vicars in trouble which just about says it all about this horses chances.

Samarat is a decent grinder type but does anybody really believe this is the distance he really wants.

Candy Boy got crushed by CC the last two times he faced him. What has he ever really done besides won the Robert b Lewis ? ROC is a consistent horse but really how much does he have left in the tank and even with a perfect set up was never going to get to CC.

SI .... PETA should be all over the owners for entering this horse. He has no shot for obvious reasons that have already been well discussed.

Tonalist seemed a little out of his league before running the race of his life getting a easy lead in the slop. Still seems out of his league to me.

Wicked Strong I guess is left by default as the logical exacta horse.

SecretAgentMan
05-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I will take CC over Candy Boy/Intense Holiday!

Hmm.....2 fresh horses that ran in the derby......you may onto something. I figure both of these will be passing the horses that hit a wall chasing Chrome but its so wide open for 2nd & 3rd.........

SecretAgentMan
05-24-2014, 01:31 AM
You know I was just looking to see what horses might be worth a play in the tri and I must say there isn't really much quality there at least compared to CC. There is a lot of them though so still might be able to get a decent payoff.

Matusczak and commissioner both lightweights with no business in the race. Ring weekend had one good race in his career winning the tampa bay derby with a DREAM trip has done nothing since. Kid Cruz had his shot and got a no excuse trip and got trounced. Clearly a cut below. Intense holiday probably is not as good as vicars in trouble which just about says it all about this horses chances.

Samarat is a decent grinder type but does anybody really believe this is the distance he really wants.

Candy Boy got crushed by CC the last two times he faced him. What has he ever really done besides won the Robert b Lewis ? ROC is a consistent horse but really how much does he have left in the tank and even with a perfect set up was never going to get to CC.

SI .... PETA should be all over the owners for entering this horse. He has no shot for obvious reasons that have already been well discussed.

Tonalist seemed a little out of his league before running the race of his life getting a easy lead in the slop. Still seems out of his league to me.

Wicked Strong I guess is left by default as the logical exacta horse.

Maybe we should go with what came on the derby behind Chrome......Commanding Curve for 2nd & since Danza got scratched, put in Wicked Strong for 3rd?

Commanding Curves owner said he's gonna win the Belmont stakes, but of course he's confident. Unless he pulls off a Victory Gallop type race, I don't see him getting close & he doesn't have the speed Victory Gallop had........

Mad Scientist
05-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah commanding curve .... I knew I was forgetting someone. The horse was what 40-1 in the derby .... Runs a golden soul type race and clunks up into the exacta. What did golden soul really ever do after the kentucky derby ? Seems like commanding curve is set for the same type of fate. Same trainer , same running style, almost same exact odds in the derby, and let's not forget CC was totally under wraps at the end of the derby.

Commanding curve is no threat to CC but I guess he figures as one of the logical tri/super horses along with wicked strong ,Samarat , ROC ....

cj's dad
05-24-2014, 11:18 AM
If Kid Cruz goes to post he's a mortal lock to run 2nd to CC.

I'm 9.9 % sure.

Mad Scientist
05-24-2014, 03:21 PM
I was wrong about kid Cruz in the Preakness. Won't make that same mistake again.

SecretAgentMan
05-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I was wrong about kid Cruz in the Preakness. Won't make that same mistake again.

Kid Cruz had some of the slowest times I've seen at the distance & winning the races.......just too slow vs the better horses.

I'm focused on Wicked Strong & Commanding Curve right now for the exotics.........2 more weeks until the Belmont & plenty of time to try & figure something out.