PDA

View Full Version : Moonbeam lies again

JustRalph
05-20-2014, 02:04 AM
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/139509-3-facts-destroy-jerry-browns-claims-san-diegos-fires/

Jerry Brown wants everybody to believe that climate change is causing more fires. I have to ask, If it's climate change, why did they arrest four people last week for setting the three largest fires in SoCal this year? Was it arson or climate change? You can't have it both ways......

See the article and this link

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/139509-3-facts-destroy-jerry-browns-claims-san-diegos-fires/

tucker6
05-20-2014, 06:53 AM
The whole climate change mantra is more shrill and outlandish. Take the Moonbeam statement last week that the melting of some glaciers in Antarctica will require the relocation of LAX. Nevermind that LAX is 120 feet above sea level, and the melting glaciers would cause a four foot rise. Adding to the insanity is that the whole melting will occur hundreds of years into the future where we'll likely not be needing airports anyway. Always fun to read what the left thinks versus reality. There are dozens of examples like this. No wonder Cappy doesn't sleep well. I'd be sleepless too if I believed everything Moonbeam said.

Tom
05-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Moonbeam never exhaled.
This is utter nonsense.
By a fool.

Remember Johnny Carson?
My favorite one liner of his was "We have good news - the mudslides are putting out the forest fires!"

BlueShoe
05-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Those of us out here that still think long ago learned to just ignore this loon. The really bad news about Jerry Brown is that we are going to be stuck with him at least until 2020. The Old Hippy is heavily favored to easily win re election in November. The GOP has fielded only token opposition, with whoever wins the June 3 primary with little statewide recognition.

Clocker
05-20-2014, 05:03 PM
into the future where we'll likely not be needing airports anyway.

Because everyone will travel by high speed rail, right? :p

boxcar
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM

Either that or hitching rides on laser beams. :D

Boxcar

Dark Horse
05-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Climate change may be bs. By the follow the money rule, this story is about creating industry. Still, if it leads to cleaner air to breathe, why would I object? I prefer it over the fabrications that send US soldiers to war all over the globe.

By the same follow the money rule, regime change is really about:
- Iraq - oil, one of three nations without a central bank
- Libya - oil, one of three nations without a central bank
- Russia (the other day 'regime change' was first used) : petrodollar...

So they weave a story around the real objective. It's called propaganda. The climate change story is relatively harmless, I would say. It opens the door to funding for new and improved technologies. If we need that story to change our industrial ways, why not? Mankind is one slow colossus otherwise.

BlueShoe
05-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Moonbeam thinks so. His Crazy Train fantasy is so unworkable that even a few members of his own party are casting doubts and rethinking their original support for the project.

Clocker
05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Moonbeam thinks so. His Crazy Train fantasy is so unworkable that even a few members of his own party are casting doubts and rethinking their original support for the project.

There is a reason that the private sector railroads got out of the passenger business about 50 years ago. Some people are slow learners.

mostpost
05-20-2014, 06:40 PM
The whole climate change mantra is more shrill and outlandish. Take the Moonbeam statement last week that the melting of some glaciers in Antarctica will require the relocation of LAX. Nevermind that LAX is 120 feet above sea level, and the melting glaciers would cause a four foot rise. Adding to the insanity is that the whole melting will occur hundreds of years into the future where we'll likely not be needing airports anyway. Always fun to read what the left thinks versus reality. There are dozens of examples like this. No wonder Cappy doesn't sleep well. I'd be sleepless too if I believed everything Moonbeam said.
I don't think it works like that. The four foot rise is a world wide average and the effects vary depending on the topography of a particular region. There is also the matter of how that four foot rise-the figure I hear is 10 to 12 feet-affects the weather in a region. Heavy rains or snows in the mountain could flood streams in the valleys. The elevation of LAX is irrelevant if all the roads leading there are flooded.

tucker6
05-20-2014, 08:15 PM
I don't think it works like that. The four foot rise is a world wide average and the effects vary depending on the topography of a particular region. There is also the matter of how that four foot rise-the figure I hear is 10 to 12 feet-affects the weather in a region. Heavy rains or snows in the mountain could flood streams in the valleys. The elevation of LAX is irrelevant if all the roads leading there are flooded.
I don't think you want to get into a pissing match with me over weather, climate, and geography. Trust me Mostie, even the roads leading into the airport some 800 years into the future will not flood at 4 feet or 12 feet or 50 feet. By the way, even Moonbeam recanted the next day, so no need for you to needlessly carry his jockstrap on this issue.

horses4courses
05-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Jerry Brown is a lock to be re-elected on June 3rd.
He has, also, done a fine job in his most recent term.

Funny to watch his Republican rival's (the guy's name escapes me)
TV commercials where he puts an axe through "Jerry's crazy train".
Poor guy should be in another state to have a chance at anything -
county supervisor, sheriff, chief custodian - you name it.

Talk about pissing money away....... :lol:

_______
05-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Jerry Brown is a lock to be re-elected on June 3rd.
He has, also, done a fine job in his most recent term.

Funny to watch his Republican rival's (the guy's name escapes me)
TV commercials where he puts an axe through "Jerry's crazy train".
Poor guy should be in another state to have a chance at anything -
county supervisor, sheriff, chief custodian - you name it.

Talk about pissing money away....... :lol:

He can't be re-elected June 3rd under the top two system in California. There is always a runoff between the top two vote getters even if one of them gets more than 50% of the vote.

He'll face either Tim Donnely or Neal Kashkari and be re-elected in November along with every other Democrat on the statewide ballot.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2014, 02:05 AM
He'll face either Tim Donnely or Neal Kashkari and be re-elected in November along with every other Democrat on the statewide ballot.Thank God, because California has thrived under Democrat leadership.

horses4courses
05-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Thank God, because California has thrived under Democrat leadership.

California is doing much better now than it was under Arnie.
I do realize, though, that this is of little concern to conservatives.

Tom
05-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Arnie was not a conservative. :lol:

GaryG
05-21-2014, 07:45 AM
California is FUBAR....will the last American please turn out the lights?

horses4courses
05-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Did I say that he was?
He was not a Democrat.

tucker6
05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Did I say that he was?
He was not a Democrat.
at the end of his reign he was. Just forgot to change his affiliation.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2014, 10:05 AM
California is doing much better now than it was under Arnie.
I do realize, though, that this is of little concern to conservatives.I guess this your convoluted way of agreeing with me without actually having to appear to do so...

BlueShoe
05-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Aaaahnoold was a RINO.
Yes, California is most surely FUBAR, and hope that I am not the one that has to throw the last switch. While there are still a few areas where sanity prevails, Sacramento is not one of them. Every state wide elective office is held by a far left Democrat, which should explain everything.