PDA

View Full Version : Presque Isle short fields

lamboguy
05-18-2014, 07:28 PM
they let a 1x allowance race go today with only 4 betting interest's in it. one of the horses in the race is out of condition.

the racing office told me they will let races go with 3 horses in it if they have to.

this year its been tough to fill cards because Ohio tracks are taking away stalls from trainers that run their horses in other places.

i think its better to let the race go with 3 or 4 than not to run a race.

Saratoga_Mike
05-18-2014, 07:35 PM
For the money, PID is a great place to race....but not bet.

cmp92
05-18-2014, 07:53 PM
For the money, PID is a great place to race....but not bet.
Definitely agree. Good purses but when I went last Tuesday the fields were small and prices were small too.

FantasticDan
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Give them a couple weeks.. any Finger Lakes horses worth a damn will be heading down there soon :p

Saratoga_Mike
05-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Give them a couple weeks.. any Finger Lakes horses worth a damn will be heading down there soon :p

Okay, so they'll pick up a horse or two from FL.

Mineshaft
05-18-2014, 08:06 PM
short fields great for owners and trainers

full fields great for bettors

Mineshaft
05-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Presque Isle in is Pennsylvania correct?

ldiatone
05-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Presque Isle in is Pennsylvania correct?
yes Erie, pa

jefftune
05-20-2014, 05:41 PM
There are 40 horses (after scratches) for the eight races tonight. Geez, that's 5 horses per race.

Stillriledup
05-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Sports betting has only "2 horse fields" and its pretty popular...5 and 6 horse fields seems fine to me, easier to pick winners and cash tickets.

Just had an amazing "win" at PID in the first race, the other guy was gonna win and he jumped shadow and i backed into a miracle 8 dollar winner. :jump:

lamboguy
05-20-2014, 06:18 PM
i think they have more jockeys than horses in that place

Stillriledup
05-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Race 6, 4 horse field, not sure how it came in 4-1, yikes, why would you bet on Mary Caught All.

:bang:

proximity
05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Sports betting has only "2 horse fields" and its pretty popular...5 and 6 horse fields seems fine to me, easier to pick winners and cash tickets.

you need a 3-4% error PER HORSE just to overcome the takeout and break even, let alone win anything in the straight pools.

i thought it was bad last week at penn national when there were only 8 races and they only used the #8 saddlecloth one time during this aborted card.

someone needs to put a stop to presque isle racing totally and i hate to say it, but probably chop up the pen and prx meets.

Maximillion
05-20-2014, 08:48 PM
you need a 3-4% error PER HORSE just to overcome the takeout and break even, let alone win anything in the straight pools.

i thought it was bad last week at penn national when there were only 8 races and they only used the #8 saddlecloth one time during this aborted card.

someone needs to put a stop to presque isle racing totally and i hate to say it, but probably chop up the pen and prx meets.

If there were tons of horses crying out for tapeta,there could be a place for this meet.I dont think this is the case,and it sucks horses from probably 3 or 4 other circuits that really need the horses.
I want whats best for the game......not sure the PID meet,in its current state,helps anybody.

Robert Fischer
05-20-2014, 10:20 PM

Anyone feel like posting the difference in takeout between Sports Betting and Horse Racing to show how a 2 horse race would be much worse than a typical Sports Bet?

TravisVOX
05-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Very tracks right now are not struggling to fill races.

Stillriledup
06-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Does anyone remember if the presque isle pools way back in the day were minuscule? I remember seeing win pools like 500 bucks. Now they're like 25 grand w exa pools over 30.

Anyone know why the 'sudden interest' in PID?

tanner12oz
06-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Well they were the only tb track on tv for a couple hours today. I have trouble getting a feel for the track.

Stillriledup
06-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Well they were the only tb track on tv for a couple hours today. I have trouble getting a feel for the track.

I like this track a bit, it plays like golden gate, Fair surface if you go too fast, closers will get there.

Zydeco
06-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Presque Isle with 8 in the 8th....load up now!

therussmeister
06-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Does anyone remember if the presque isle pools way back in the day were minuscule? I remember seeing win pools like 500 bucks. Now they're like 25 grand w exa pools over 30.

Anyone know why the 'sudden interest' in PID?
I do remember a few years ago their purses on weekdays were often 75% - 80% of total handle.

acorn54
06-09-2015, 11:44 PM

and don't forget the take out doesn't include dime breakage, which is a much larger percentage on low priced winners than medium and long priced winners.
your up against it.