PDA

View Full Version : No Nasal Strip for Chrome

upthecreek
05-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Looks like he won't get to use the nasal strip in NY Sherman says he needs it at a 1M 1/2

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/theraces/california-chrome-triple-crown-bid-denied-new-york-state-regulations-blog-entry-1.1796841

TheEdge07
05-18-2014, 09:02 AM
They shunned IHA same will apply for CC...should be interesting.

depalma113
05-18-2014, 09:13 AM
If Sherman takes his ball and goes home, New York will lose millions and millions of dollars. You would think they would wise up.

Tom
05-18-2014, 09:15 AM
If the horse needs it, I would not run him.

edit - oh wait - look who wrote the article! A fool and it is in a garbage tabloid.
Take everything in it with a gain of salt. Jerry has an agenda and it is not reporting facts. I'd wain until a reputable rag, like the Star or Enquirer confirms it.

Grits
05-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Tom, the minute I saw who and what. I thought, "Nope, Bossert".

Move on. :lol:

If the horse needs it, I would not run him.

edit - oh wait - look who wrote the article! A fool and it is in a garbage tabloid.
Take everything in it with a gain of salt. Jerry has an agenda and it is not reporting facts. I'd wain until a reputable rag, like the Star or Enquirer confirms it.

Mad Scientist
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM
These nasal strips have not been proven to help human or horse athletes. They are something that a athlete can wear just because it's not going to do any harm, so why not ?

This is not like at the breeders cup and horses that used lasix were forced to run without it. Not even close ....

I think Chrome will be perfectly fine with or without a nasal strip.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2014, 12:10 PM
This seems (so far), to be a more rational thread about nasal strips.

If indeed, like someone brought up in the other thread, that this "rule" is nothing more than "Stewards Discretion," and not a hard and fast written law, then if I were the owners of CC, I would threaten not to run and see if they have the guts to call my bluff (if indeed I was bluffing).

My guess is, the stewards would use their "discretion" to allow him to run with it.

Clocker
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
My guess is, the stewards would use their "discretion" to allow him to run with it.

From the article linked above:

According to New York State Steward Stephen Lewandowski, the connections of California Chrome can make a request to wear the strip in the June 7 Belmont Stakes, which the three stewards at Belmont Park – Lewandowski, Dr. Ted Hill, who represents the Jockey Club and Braulio Baeza Jr, who represents the NYRA, would then have to vote on it to see if they will allow it or not.

“So far there hasn’t been a request,” Lewandowski said.

ArlJim78
05-18-2014, 12:18 PM
If it were my horse who reeled off six consecutive top graded stakes victories after adding the nasal strip it would be a no brainer, he will not run without it. There are plenty of other venues and races to target which do not have the ban. It would suck for fans but why would you want to change equipment when entering the biggest test to date?

anotherCAfan
05-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Could someone tell me why California Chrome should not be allowed to wear a nasal strip? Does Art Sherman secretly have the reputation of a Mullins/Asmussen?

Flat out, could someone please defend the NYRA?

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113727