PDA

View Full Version : cali chromes trainer

windstone
05-18-2014, 08:08 AM
just saw him on foxnews and he said he just found out this morning that nasal strips, as were used in his last six races, are not allowed in new york state. wonder if this could make a difference in him running his best.??

dirty moose
05-18-2014, 08:32 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/theraces/california-chrome-triple-crown-bid-denied-new-york-state-regulations-blog-entry-1.1796841

This would be one of the dumbest moves NYRA could make. Seeing how all they care about is bottom line... :bang:

They would only hurt them selves. Would prolly cut they're attendance in half.

TheEdge07
05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/theraces/california-chrome-triple-crown-bid-denied-new-york-state-regulations-blog-entry-1.1796841

This would be one of the dumbest moves NYRA could make. Seeing how all they care about is bottom line... :bang:

They would only hurt them selves. Would prolly cut they're attendance in half.

They shunned Il Hane Another,why wouldn't it apply to CC?

Tom
05-18-2014, 09:14 AM
What possible reason could there be for outlawing a nasal strip?
You can use lasix to mask other drugs but not naturally help a horse breath?
What am I missing here?

I remember the time when nasal strips were consider ed equipment and listed in the PPs. Lots a form reversals with them. Why now do we not get this information?

nearco
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
They should be treated like any other piece of equipment and listed on the card when a horse is wearing them.

A quick rule change in the next week or two could fix that.

nearco
05-18-2014, 09:27 AM
What's odd is that they are allowed in Harness racing in NY.

TheEdge07
05-18-2014, 09:29 AM
What possible reason could there be for outlawing a nasal strip?
You can use lasix to mask other drugs but not naturally help a horse breath?
What am I missing here?

I remember the time when nasal strips were consider ed equipment and listed in the PPs. Lots a form reversals with them. Why now do we not get this information?
California Chrome wears a nasal strip and has since Dec. 22, when he started his current six race winning streak that includes victories in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes. Currently, New York is the only racing state in the country that doesn’t allow it for thoroughbreds, but does for harness horses racing in New York.

open up the nasal passages allow a horse to breathe better

Sherman said he starting wearing it when his winning streak started.."helps breathing"will need it for 1.5 miles

TheEdge07
05-18-2014, 09:35 AM
They should be treated like any other piece of equipment and listed on the card when a horse is wearing them.

A quick rule change in the next week or two could fix that.

Why change the rule?IHA wasn't allowed to wear them neither..Both Cali horses.

nearco
05-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Why change the rule?IHA wasn't allowed to wear them neither..Both Cali horses.

Because a) it's a dumb rule and b) NYRA will lose out on a potential 100,000+ crowd and all the hype that goes with a TC being on the line.

classhandicapper
05-18-2014, 09:46 AM
I have no idea what the rationale is for disallowing nasal strips, but it makes no sense to me on the surface.

NY BRED
05-18-2014, 09:49 AM
hard to believe the removal of a strip will cause CC to lose the Belmont.

It would be interesting to note if he works with strips.

clocker7
05-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Tongue-tied :D

Shelby
05-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Another example of the inequality of rules across horse racing. Nasal strips should either be banned every where (which, IMO, would be stupid) or allowed everywhere.

Mr_Ed
05-18-2014, 10:19 AM
The Triple Crown is of a different era.

RIP.

camourous
05-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Its not even a rule its up to the Stewards, if they didnt let IHA wear it they shouldn't Chrome either

Bullet Plane
05-18-2014, 10:37 AM
It would be stupid to make any equipment changes...

now, at this stage of the game...

There's plenty of big races down the road.

Let the crickets croak at Belmont...

Mr_Ed
05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
New York State steward Carmine Donofrio was not available for comment May 25, and calls to the stewards at Belmont Park were not returned.

One concern Chiapetta said he knows has been raised about the nasal strips has been the potential for a strip, listed as equipment in a program, to fall off in the paddock or at the gate in wet weather. The horse would then have to be scratched.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70062/no-nasal-strip-no-problem-oneill-says#ixzz324uH33Ti

classhandicapper
05-18-2014, 11:02 AM
I just read an article on why the "stewards" (not NYRA) disallows the strips, but none of them seems significant enough to warrant a ban, especially because there may be some positive impact on the horse's lungs to wearing them.

samyn on the green
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
NY is a bastion of stupidity. Ruling class bankers can loot the treasury for trillions but regular citizens are arrested / fined for benign offense such as parking within 30 feet of a stop sign or riding a bike down a one way street. Being that Chrome's owners are not powerful agents of usury don't expect the authority to rule favorably for them.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2014, 12:58 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113727