PDA

View Full Version : It's time to laugh at the trainers that skip

depalma113
05-17-2014, 06:42 PM
the Preakness after running in the Derby. They are a bunch of dopes.

bks
05-17-2014, 06:44 PM
It's true. The Derby is a pretty good tightener for the Preakness, isn't it?

JustRalph
05-17-2014, 06:55 PM

We'll see how dumb they are in 3 weeks

If one of them beats chrome..........?

razorback5
05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
DANZA!

onefast99
05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
DANZA!
I agree!

Shelby
05-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I agree!

Me too.

FantasticDan
05-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Commanding Curve sidles up in the final furlong and beats Chrome by a length and a half.

SecretAgentMan
05-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Any horse that has any chance of beating Chrome is Danza......I don't think he can beat him but he will be fresh & let's see if Pletcher will have him cranked.

Robert Fischer
05-17-2014, 07:25 PM
is Wicked Strong running in the Belmont ?

SecretAgentMan
05-17-2014, 07:35 PM
is Wicked Strong running in the Belmont ?

I believe so but I don't like him at all......that horse needs everything to go right for him.

depalma113
05-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Had the filly not stopped in front of General a Rod causing him to check hard, the Derby runners on two weeks rest would have run 1,2,3.

These trainers need to stop treating this horses like little show ponies. Amazing things happen when they are actually allowed to race.

JustRalph
05-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Commanding Curve sidles up in the final furlong and beats Chrome by a length and a half.

That one went through my head too. :ThmbUp:

I have to say, the body language after the race was not inspiring......the head hung low etcetera, made me be a little worried about the horse.

Hope he comes out of it alright

clocker7
05-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Iron Constitution picked up a ton of ground on Seattle Slew in the 1977 Preakness and finished behind the latter by only a rapidly-shrinking 1 1/2 lengths. Three weeks later--in a very weak field--he ruined the exhausted Slew's TC hopes by capturing the Belmont Stakes .... no, wait ....

SecretAgentMan
05-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Just saw one of the owners of Commanding Curve on tvg state that Commanding would win the Belmont stakes

depalma113
05-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Just saw one of the owners of Commanding Curve on tvg state that Commanding would win the Belmont stakes

People will say the dumbest things to get on TV.

SecretAgentMan
05-17-2014, 09:35 PM
People will say the dumbest things to get on TV.

LoL.....I know, right. I truly believe we see Chrome win the triple crown!

Run Nicholas Run
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM

then they must be taking off bridgmohan

Relwob Owner
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM

I disagree. The Preakness distance could be said to have been the ideal distance for CC. Skipping the Preakness and choosing to take him on a bit fresh at a distance that could conceivably be the toughest for CC to win at seems like a potentially smart move to me. Plus, do you know how these horses came out of the Derby? The trainers certainly do and that could definitely have something to do with it was well.

I guess we will know the answer in three weeks.

ultracapper
05-18-2014, 01:36 AM
DANZA!

Don't think it will be him.

ultracapper
05-18-2014, 01:38 AM
That one went through my head too. :ThmbUp:

I have to say, the body language after the race was not inspiring......the head hung low etcetera, made me be a little worried about the horse.

Hope he comes out of it alright

He looked tired to me also. While Espinoza was being interviewed, Chrome looked like he just wanted to take a few minutes to get himself together.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2014, 01:39 AM
I truly believe we see Chrome win the triple crown!Do you now? I would have never known. Thanks for clearing up all the doubt...

ultracapper
05-18-2014, 01:45 AM
It's going to have to be another Birdstone type. A horse that doesn't get involved until the 1/2 mile pole or 9/16ths. Forget trying to outrun Chrome from the gate. Any horse pressing the issue too early will get dusted when he turns for home. Curve could be dangerous if he runs back to his KD race, which I don't think is a guarantee. Churchill could be considered his home track, and you can make an argument for him not travelling well. New Orleans sure wasn't funsville for him. And it's not like we haven't seen plenty of him to know what he's about. He's almost run as much as Chrome has since November.

Show Me the Wire
05-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Had the filly not stopped in front of General a Rod causing him to check hard, the Derby runners on two weeks rest would have run 1,2,3.

These trainers need to stop treating this horses like little show ponies. Amazing things happen when they are actually allowed to race.

I agree he ran the best of the also rans. Was in contention early, stopped cold on the turn losing lots of ground and regrouped almost over taking Social Inclusion. Without the trouble he easily passes Social Inclusion and may have been in contention for 2nd. The General put in an impressive performance. So impressive it caused Collmus to call the finishing order incorrectly.

JustRalph
05-18-2014, 05:47 PM
It's going to have to be another Birdstone type. A horse that doesn't get involved until the 1/2 mile pole or 9/16ths. Forget trying to outrun Chrome from the gate. Any horse pressing the issue too early will get dusted when he turns for home. Curve could be dangerous if he runs back to his KD race, which I don't think is a guarantee. Churchill could be considered his home track, and you can make an argument for him not travelling well. New Orleans sure wasn't funsville for him. And it's not like we haven't seen plenty of him to know what he's about. He's almost run as much as Chrome has since November.

Birdstone got all the help he needed from Jerry Bailey

Vinnie
05-18-2014, 05:52 PM
If I recall Rock hard Ten, and Eddington sacrificed any chances they may have
had just to make runs at Smarty Jones. I hated that race for that reason. Love Smarty Jones. :)

JimG
05-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Birdstone got all the help he needed from Jerry Bailey

and Alex Solis

JustRalph
05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
and Alex Solis

yep....... it was practically a criminal conspiracy

lamboguy
05-18-2014, 06:43 PM
.i think the plan for all these horses to skip the Preakness is going to backfire on all those that took that route.

no doubt in my mind that GENERAL A ROD, RIDE ON CURLIN and SOCIAL INCLUSION were all worthy opponents for CALIFORNIA CHROME. i honestly believe that CHROME will not regress of the Preakness effort and actually improve and make it less likely now that he gets beat in New York. the 2014 Preakness had enough in it so that i can classify it as a good race, it was a much better on than in 2003